Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Arcade

Guest · 31 · 7277

xraffle

I don't know if it's my computer or something, but the Arcade doesn't work anymore. No games are listed. Was it disabled?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I haven't changed anything, and I'm seeing the games in the Arcade, so I suspect it might be you (although I'm drawing a blank at the moment as to what could cause that.)  Is anyone else having the same problem?

xraffle

Well, I'm not at my home computer at the moment, but I can see the arcade on other SMF forums. When I get home tonight though, I'll let you know if I have the same problem.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The arcade works fine for me, though they need to fix that color blocks game. The longer you take the better you do, and it should be the reverse.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

The arcade works fine for me, though they need to fix that color blocks game. The longer you take the better you do, and it should be the reverse.

It certainly does work for you. You just beat my score on the color blocks game. ;D

But yeah, that game should be fixed. But I don't think Rob has control over how the game works. Those games were just part of a mod package that was installed in this site.

xraffle

Ok, I just arrived home and I still have the same problem on my computer. I know my computer can't be bad because I've played the arcade before. If you can't figure out what the problem is, Rob, don't worry about it. I don't want you to go crazy figuring out what it is. I just started this thread because I was just curious if others were having the same problem.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Ok, I just arrived home and I still have the same problem on my computer. I know my computer can't be bad because I've played the arcade before. If you can't figure out what the problem is, Rob, don't worry about it. I don't want you to go crazy figuring out what it is. I just started this thread because I was just curious if others were having the same problem.

Try it now, x.  I took a look at the permissions and noticed that the Team Stooge group members weren't specifically given permission to view or use the Arcade, but neither were they forbidden, so you should (theoretically) have been able to use it from your status as a regular member of the site.  I added the specific permissions to the Team Stooge group, though, so hopefully that will do the trick.

And you are correct - I don't have any control over the individual games; they're all designed by other people.  I just added them to the mod that I installed for the forum.  If there is something funky about a game, you'd have to try to find out who the heck made it and contact them to fix it.

xraffle

No, I'm sorry.  It's still not working. But this problem did start after I became a Team Stooge. But don't worry about it. I don't play it that much anyway. I think I've only played it only about five times in the many years I've been a member here. I wonder if any other Team Stooge members have the same problem though.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Just for the hell of it, try logging out and back in again.  I'm not sure it that will work, but it can't hurt to try.   ;D

Can you possibly get a screenshot of the Arcade page, so I could see what you are seeing?  Maybe that will give me a clue where to look next.

xraffle

I tried it. Still nothing.

You're in luck. I found a free screen capture software at download.com and I provided some screenshots for you. I hope they help.

Here is what I see on the "Arcade" page.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/xraffle/ScreenShot001.jpg

Here is what I see when I click on a game that's under the "Did you know" column.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/xraffle/ScreenShot002.jpg

Offline JazzBill

xraffle; Remember when I couldn't get on the arcade at your site? I had to lower some of my security settings.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

What's funny is that I can access the arcade just fine on my site. [confused2]

Did you have that same problem that's shown on my screenshots?

Offline JazzBill

What's funny is that I can access the arcade just fine on my site. [confused2]

Did you have that same problem that's shown on my screenshots?
I believe it was pretty similar.

Offline FineBari3

In case anybody cares (Rob), I do not see a list of games when I go to the arcade section. My security is set at meduium, but I will add threestooges.net to my trusted sites to see what happens.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

FineBari3: Thanks so much for your response. Now, I know I'm not crazy. My security settings are on low, so that can't be the issue. So, I think the problem has to do with the settings for the Master/Team Stooge members.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Now, I know I'm not crazy.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but it does confirm that it's not just you.  [wink]

It must be something in the permission settings.  I'll log in as my alter ego this weekend and see if I can nail down the problem.

xraffle

It must be something in the permission settings.  I'll log in as my alter ego this weekend and see if I can nail down the problem.

If you can't figure it out, don't worry about it. I don't want you to get a headache trying to figure this out. I rarely even play the arcade anyway. I'm also really awful on the games. Besides, Jazzbill's scores are impossible to beat and I'll just end up getting mad at him. ;D

xraffle

Wait a minute. On my James Bond site, which also uses SMF, I have the same problem. I have a second test account that I use to see if my updates are successful. Well, when I assigned a staff position, other than Global Moderator, to that test account, the same problem occurs. So, it's definitely a Master/Team Stooge issue here. So, I'll play around with my site and if I find a solution, I'll tell you what to fix.

Offline FineBari3

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but it does confirm that it's not just you.  [wink]

I am crazy, so it can't be that!

[tongue3]

Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline JazzBill

If you can't figure it out, don't worry about it. I don't want you to get a headache trying to figure this out. I rarely even play the arcade anyway. I'm also really awful on the games. Besides, Jazzbill's scores are impossible to beat and I'll just end up getting mad at him. ;D
I've retired from the arcade games. Any score of mine that you beat, you can keep. I won't be trying to win them back. I've wasted enough time playing those stupid games. Besides, it gives me more time to do something I really enjoy. Betting on the horses !

xraffle

Dunrobin,

I was playing around with my own James Bond forum and I found the solution. Here it is:

-Go to the "Administration Center" like you always do.
-On the left side, under Arcade Admin, click on "Settings."
-Then, on the settings, change the Permission mode to "none"

That should solve the problem.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Thanks for tracking that down.  I just changed it as suggested - let me know if that worked.   ;D

xraffle

It works!! So, all the other Master/Team Stooge members should see it now.

Offline FineBari3

It works!! So, all the other Master/Team Stooge members should see it now

Hooray!  (Gotta say it like Zoidberg)

It woiks!   [occasion14]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster