Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Music That Sucks: The You Tube Edition

Offline metaldams

Jim writes hysterical essays on (mostly) bad music, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.  The below video is from WYKKED WYTCH and is a cover of the Eurythmic's "Sweet Dreams," which was also covered by Marilyn Manson awhile back.

It's no wonder why I outgrew the modern metal scene, I mean, what the heck is this garbage?  I can listen to old Black Sabbath, 70's Judas Priest, Metallica, etc., and as an almost 30 year old, this music has the same power it had when I was 15.  I wonder how many of the 15 year olds listening to this today will not find this laughable as an adult?  The non melodies, the now cliched blast-beat, the forced Satanism, and just look at these guys......but I believe the singer is female, and I don't mean that in the "this person's gay so I'm changing his gender," sense, I mean LITERALLY female.  You be the judge, and most of all, don't take this too seriously, this is funny.  Enjoy!

[youtube=425,350]mssx3KptQMM[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Speaking of which...look for a new "induction" in the not too distant future.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline FineBari3

Is this for real?

This is like Spinal Tap, 30 years later!

What crap! 

(...and I was a real heavy metal chick starting in 1982, with spikes and everything)

I remember my Mom complaining about Iron Maiden!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

Is this for real?

This is like Spinal Tap, 30 years later!

What crap! 

(...and I was a real heavy metal chick starting in 1982, with spikes and everything)

I remember my Mom complaining about Iron Maiden!

Iron Maiden destroy these guys.

Spinal Tap's drummers all exploded, but no drummers were as funny as the hooded monk dude Wykked Wytch have!  Then again, playing wise, he's no Joe "Mama" Besser.

I urge you all to pause this thing at 0:15 and just take in the awesomeness.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I urge you all to pause this thing at 0:15 and just take in the awesomeness.

What a hideous, monstrous face!   [fear]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
....but I believe the singer is female, and I don't mean that in the "this person's gay so I'm changing his gender," sense, I mean LITERALLY female.

Yes, it's a woman.  In fact, the opening line of the group's bio says:

Led by the demonic vocal assault of frontwoman Ipek, Wykked Wytch is a female-fronted extreme metal band hailing from South Florida.

Quote from: metaldams
You be the judge, and most of all, don't take this too seriously, this is funny.  Enjoy!

I thought it was pretty awful, myself, but I've never been a real metal fan.  They certainly seem to have at least the basic moves down -- especially hair twirling.   ;)

Offline metaldams

I thought it was pretty awful, myself, but I've never been a real metal fan.  They certainly seem to have at least the basic moves down -- especially hair twirling.   ;)

There's good and bad in every genre, but I can name maybe two metal bands in the past 15 years whose music I like some, even if they're not all-time favorite territory (Opeth and Nevermore).  I'm sure there are some other good bands out there, but life's too short to weed through the crap when there are too many good Bob Dylan and Ray Davies songs to discover.  The older I get, the more good songwriting is important to me.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Speaking of which...look for a new "induction" in the not too distant future.

Please do.
- Doug Sarnecky