Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 4: 1943 - 1945 Press Release

BeAStooge · 85 · 33225

Linked Events

• Stooges Vol 4 1943-1945 DVD: October 07, 2008 - October 13, 2008

Offline falsealarms

I'd like to see Sony include a bonus feature taking us into the process of restoring a Stooge short.

Offline locoboymakesgood

It's hard to believe that in a little over a month, Volume 4 will be out. I'm not even finished watching Volume 3 and I'm already looking forward to Volume 4. I really can't begin to say beautiful these shorts look on Volume 3. I hope Sony does just as good of a restoration on "Micro-Phonies." The way they're going, I trust they'll do a good job.

Sometimes I wonder how Sony is able to restore these shorts in a very fast, cost-efficient manner. Each volume contains 20+ shorts all beautifully restored for $20 or less. Restoration used to be a very timely and costly process. I guess with technology today, restoration isn't as difficult as it used to be.
Amen.

Props again to Sony on a job well-done.

I'd love to see a little doc on the restoration process. They showed us the (gack!) colorization process. I think I'd find this though 10x more interesting. ;D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

AmalgamatedMoron

I'd like to see Sony include a bonus feature taking us into the process of restoring a Stooge short.

What a fascinating idea falsealarms.  That would make for some great bonus footage.  I wonder if the idea has been tossed about at Sony?  Maybe I should email Mike Schlesinger and ask him.  Couldn't hurt to ask, or maybe even suggest.  What do you guys think?

Offline archiezappa

What a fascinating idea falsealarms.  That would make for some great bonus footage.  I wonder if the idea has been tossed about at Sony?  Maybe I should email Mike Schlesinger and ask him.  Couldn't hurt to ask, or maybe even suggest.  What do you guys think?

Absolutely!   ;)

xraffle

IFC showed "Idiots Deluxe" this morning. To my surprise, the print was completely restored and free from any dirt/scratches. On the Volume 4 DVD, this short was the only short in this collection that looked like Sony forgot to restore it. But apparently they did, since IFC just showed it today. So maybe Sony made a mistake and included the unrestored version by accident. Seems kind of careless on their part, but what are you gonna do?

Offline locoboymakesgood

That, or they may have restored it since then and it's been included in later pressings. I don't recall the print in the Volume 4 box being released or shown on TV; it looked like crap but it was noticeable enough to realize that I hadn't seen that version of it before.

Offline falsealarms

Was the print in volume 4 really that bad? I don't remember it standing out in a bad way. I should re-visit it...

Offline locoboymakesgood

Was the print in volume 4 really that bad? I don't remember it standing out in a bad way. I should re-visit it...
It stuck out when compared to the rest of the shorts. It didn't like like much (if any) remastering was done on it. Almost like they put an older version of it on the set by accident.

xraffle

The print itself was fine, but the dirt and scratches needed to be cleaned up. All 190 shorts were digitally cleaned up for the DVDs, but this one short, in particular, wasn't.