Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

DVD update comments in Sony interview

BeAStooge · 107 · 23555

xraffle

I'll be getting a Blu-Ray player, but only because the PS3 doubles as one.

Do you have an HDTV? This thought just occured to me now. I'm slow like that sometimes. Anyway, the reason I ask is  because I heard that PS3 and Blu-ray goes very well with HDTVs and not so well with standard TVs. On regular TVs, there's not much of a picture improvement.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Not at the moment; I do have to get a better TV (flat screen sets are not too expensive and pretty light weight), but it all depends on price on whether or not I'll be getting an HDTV. The Blu Ray is not the main reason I'm getting a PS3.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

Not at the moment; I do have to get a better TV (flat screen sets are not too expensive and pretty light weight), but it all depends on price on whether or not I'll be getting an HDTV. The Blu Ray is not the main reason I'm getting a PS3.

I see. The main reason for everyone to get a PS3 is for GTAIV. I know that would be my reason for getting one. ;D

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yeah, there's GTA IV, but also Soul Calibur IV for the PS3 comes with Darth Vader as a playable character (X360 comes with Yoda), and a Legends of Wrestle Mania game that will have nothing but the old school wrestlers I grew up with that looks awesome as well.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

It's a good thing you're not getting an Xbox 360 or I would've warned you about the "Three Rings of Death" issue. I've read so much about that and even a couple of people I know have had that problem.

In case anyone doesn't know what that is, they are three rings that light up around the power button of the 360 and unless fixed, your system will not work at all. The primary cause of this issue is hardware failure.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Yeah but the newer systems don't have the Ring of Death. They're made with a different fan or processor or something.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline ProfessorStooge

I just got to thinking. With Sony planning to release the 190 shorts and the Curly-Joe films to DVD before the end of 2009, they should, at some point, release the Columbia features the Stooges made cameos in. Turner Home Entertainment should do the same with the boys' MGM output (The 5 features plus the 4 extant MGM shorts as bonuses in a boxed set). It's just a thought.

Also, there are other Stooge programs that haven't had a DVD release yet. They include The Stoogephile Trivia Movie, released by MPI, and The Lost Stooges, released by Turner Home Entertainment.