Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Farrley Brothers Stooge Movie??

Offline soiently64

Has anyone kept up on the progress of the Farrley Brothers Stooge movie since the site has been down? On the old site, the concensus seemed to be negative. What are peoples opinion now? ???

Offline Robbie883

Who are the Farrley Brothers? Did they try to copy the stooges?

Offline Baggie

I've not heard anything recently. All I heard is that it was greenlit by the Warner Brothers some time ago. If they do make the movie, it could turn out to be pretty embarrassing for them, I don't know whether they should
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
There's info on the project on C3 Entertainment's web site and on Internet Movie Database.  Bear in mind that they've been talking about a release in 2005 for quite a while (and originally it was supposed to be 2004), and they still have not even cast the picture yet. 

Personally, I have a gut feeling that there is less enthusiasm for this project in Hollywood than C3's hype would lead you to believe.  There certainly doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for it among fans.  In previous discussions on this topic here on ThreeStooges.net, the overwhelming consensus was that the movie will suck ass.

[thumbsdown]

Offline Baggie

I just wish someone would make a GOOD biopic, that was accurate and emotional, because the lie stories of the Stooges are interesting. But I don't know if I could handle watching another pile of turd like that ABC movie.
 Making a film of some new Three Stooges on a new adventure sounds pretty crap, because no-one could ever do it as well as the Stooges.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline kinderscenen

I would bet serious money that there won't be a movie any time in the distant future.  The idea sounded good, I suppose, if you were knocking back a few beers, but once sobriety sets in....d'oh!

One problem is that you don't have 3 comedians that could pull off the same type of style. There are duos such as Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson (I think that's his name...) that have a history of working together, but obviously nothing like what the Stooges did.

It sounds nitpicky, but that's why it looked so easy--touring, filming, rehearsing--that's ALL they basically did their whole lives, from vaudeville to Broadway to films.  That type of familiarity and "casualness" cannot be duplicated.

In closing, I'd rather have a really good biography than another picture.  One that has a lot of background on their personal lives, but as a supplement to their performing (not as sensationalism).
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!