Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Can Sony release PARDON MY BACKFIRE in real 3D on DVD???

Offline 3Stooges

I've seen some of the fans on this forum say that they'd be into the 3D shorts being released in real 3D when Sony gets around to releasing the Shemps. I think that would be awesome! My questions are...

Is the technology there for Sony to make good 3D for your TV if they wanted to?

Are their any comparable 3D DVD releases that have good 3D effects?

Offline JazzBill

I bought a DVD last year that has Spooks and Pardon My Backfire in 3-D. I bought it at Larry Fine's birthday celebration in Philadelphia last October. I guess it's some kind of a bootleg. I believe you can get it on E-Bay for about ten bucks.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline locoboymakesgood

They CAN do it. I don't know if it'd be the same type as its theatrical exhibition, but I had recordings of Spooks! and Pardon My Backfire from TV in the 80s.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline JazzBill

Does anyone know if there are ANY 3D movies on DVD currently?
Look two posts up.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline archiezappa

I guess the question is not whether they *can* do it.  It's whether they *will* do it.  Hopefully they will.   ::)

AmalgamatedMoron

Came across this bootleg DVD from ioffer.com--containing SPOOKS, and PARDON MY BACKFIRE, IN 3D.  It contains 7 other bonus shorts, and comes with two pairs of 3D glasses.  Anyone own this?  Is it any good?  I hope when these shorts come up on the new sets, that Sony offers these in regular 2D, and 3D.  But I won't hold my breath. 

Offline archiezappa

They would definitely need to include a few pairs of 3D glasses when they release that set.  I do hope they release those in 3D!   ::)

xraffle

Came across this bootleg DVD from ioffer.com--containing SPOOKS, and PARDON MY BACKFIRE, IN 3D.  It contains 7 other bonus shorts, and comes with two pairs of 3D glasses.  Anyone own this?  Is it any good?  I hope when these shorts come up on the new sets, that Sony offers these in regular 2D, and 3D.  But I won't hold my breath. 

I bought that DVD from Ebay. It's ok, but nothing to brag about.

Offline 3Stooges

Are there any OFFICIAL DVD releases that are in 3D? Of ANY MOVIE, not just the Stooges. I'm aware of the bootlegs of Pardon my Backfire and Spooks.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Yeah that dumb ass Movie ,The Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds live concert movie in 3D . It Came out last week I think . It came with 3D glasses .

I think U2 3D is the next one coming out like that .

Offline archiezappa

Yeah that dumb ass Movie ,The Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds live concert movie in 3D . It Came out last week I think . It came with 3D glasses .

I think U2 3D is the next one coming out like that .

Yes, my daughter got that for her birthday, which was yesterday.  At least they did it right, as far as 3-D goes.  You choose whether to watch the program in 2-D or 3-D, and it comes with, I think, 4 pairs of 3-D glasses.  So, when that particular volume of the Three Stooges Collection comes out, those options should be available.  Is anyone at Sony reading this?

Offline Benno123

I had emailed the guy at Sony who someone had posted his contact information from (was his name Mike?) about these shorts, and he emailed back saying that they will NOT be able to place these on the sets, that the 2D versions will have to used.  He did say that they may release the shorts as bonus features on some 3D sets in the future, but at this time no plans on the actual Stooges sets.  A shame indeed, because as excellent as these sets are (on a scale of 1 - 10 I'm rating each one a 20!) I do feel some missed opportunities for bonus material is happening.  Oh well, I guess we don't live in a perfect Stooges world after all!!!

I'll look in my emails and if I still have the email from the rep at Sony I'll post it here for all to see and read!

Offline Benno123

Here is the email that I had sent Mike Schlesinger about the 3D shorts, cut and pasted:

Dear Mr. Schlesinger,

I just read a recent interview online that you did and you mentioned the The Three Stooges DVD sets that are being released right now.  First of all, from this long time fan, I want to say "Bravo!" and "Job well done!" and keep bringing them on!  I would like to make a suggestion for the DVD set that will cover the 1953 year with Shemp as the third stooge.  That year the team released two shorts in 3D - "Spooks!" and "Pardon My Backfire" - and as a suggestion I hope that both the 2D and the 3D will be included on the set so that we the fans can get as much Stooges as possible.  Also, since there are so many non-short appearances like the Screen Snapshot series, I hope Sony will include some of those as well.

Thank you again for the releases, and I am looking forward to all 190 Three Stooges shorts on my shelves in the near future to watch whenever I want!

Here is his reply, cut and pasted for your enjoyment!  :D

Dear Ben,

Thanks for the kind words, though truth to tell my involvement with the Stooges boxes is minimal.

It's not practical to put the 3-D versions in the set, but I am pushing to release some of our 3-D features, and they could be included on those (e.g., SPOOKS with THE MAD MAGICIAN).

We want to include the Screen Snapshots on the sets, but there are legal complications that need to be ironed out first.

Best,
Mike