Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Tribute (Professional Impersonators)

Offline Hammond Eggar

I was surfing Youtube for new and fun clips relating to the Stooges.  I came across this clip of three guys named Chris, Jeffrey and Brian.  They appear to be professional Stooge impersonators, and appear to be really good at it, as well.  I assume this footage was shot in the LA/Hollywood area since one clip shows them somewhere that looks like the Hollywood Walk-of-Fame.  If that's the case, then the baseball footage is probably from a Dodgers game.  Can anyone confirm this?  Has anyone here ever heard of or seen these guys before?  I found the piece to be rather enjoyable and think you will, too. :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]iPZBB-6uMU8[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Definitely not the Dodgers ballpark, or LAA either.

My guess is a minor league park. But since the filmwork was so herky-jerky, I couldn't pick up a team name.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
WHY is it ... that whenever an impersonation of our boys is attempted ... the "Curly" one looks like "Curly-Joe", and NOT Curly?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline FineBari3

They are great!

I wonder if C3 has got to them yet?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Hammond Eggar

WHY is it ... that whenever an impersonation of our boys is attempted ... the "Curly" one looks like "Curly-Joe", and NOT Curly?

Good point!  In the face, he did look more like Mr. DeRita.  I remember thinking that to myself the second time I watched the piece.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline curlysdame

Exactly!  I think that same thing every time I come across Stooge impersonators.  Curly wasn't a bad lookin' guy, so why do most Curly impersonators look like total schlubs? 

... Has anyone ever seen a picture of Dave 'The Man Who Would Be Curly' Knight?  (I'll see if I can get a pic up here).  He looks like a convict and is twice the size Curly ever was.  He's impersonating a guy that had no trouble attracting the ladies.  The only thing this guy would attract is flies...
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)