Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Which episode?

Offline QuinceHead

I am looking for a rare episode.  The boys are in some jungle, and happen upon an idol with multiple arms guarding a diamond.  Moe, as I remember it tries to grab the diamond and is given a hilarious "smack attack"!  If any one could help-- Thanks!

Is that the one where Moe ends up giving the idol an eye-poke, then the idol slaps all of its hands over its eyes and Moe makes off with the item the idol was guarding?

Cheers,
JohnH
aka QuinceHead

Dog Hambone

While you're at it, ask for some apples with the skin on the inside... 

I don't think you could find that in the store since it's in home made apple pie!

killarney

Hi, newby here......I remember a scene where the boys got into some quicksand trouble..I thought it was a Safari short but I could be wrong. The quicksand scene had me in stiches and tears...would luv to find out what it was called.

Dog Hambone

Hi, newby here......I remember a scene where the boys got into some quicksand trouble..I thought it was a Safari short but I could be wrong. The quicksand scene had me in stiches and tears...would luv to find out what it was called.

It sounds like you might be referring to WE WANT OUR MUMMY. They are wearing safari helmets & fall through some sand into King Rutentuten's underground burial chamber.

killarney

It sounds like you might be referring to WE WANT OUR MUMMY. They are wearing safari helmets & fall through some sand into King Rutentuten's underground burial chamber.

Thanks Dog but I dont think thats it. It was actual quicksand and about 5 or 10 minutes of hilarity watching them try to get out of it and the goofy help that was offered.

Offline JazzBill

Thanks Dog but I dont think thats it. It was actual quicksand and about 5 or 10 minutes of hilarity watching them try to get out of it and the goofy help that was offered.

I don't remember any short where a Stooge is stuck in quicksand .
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I don't remember any short where a Stooge is stuck in quicksand .

Correct; there's no such scene in any Stooges film.

killarney

Well, I searched Abott and Costello and dont see anything.....so i'm saying yes there was a stooge scene in quicksand. I just talked to a buddy that watched it with me and he said it was the stooges also. This was about 15 years ago.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
so i'm saying yes there was a stooge scene in quicksand. I just talked to a buddy that watched it with me and he said it was the stooges also.

You and your friend are mistaken.

killarney

No we are not. Carry on with your denial. You are ignorant.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

There is no such scene in any Stooges film.  You are mistaken.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

You are mistaken.  As BeAStooge (one of the most knowledge Stooges scholars on the planet) has already told you, there is no such scene with quicksand in any of the Three Stooges shorts or film appearances.  The closest to what you describe is the scene in We Want Our Mummy that Dog Hambone mentioned, and that's only a few seconds long.

I'm not sure what film you might be thinking of, however.  The first thing that came to mind was Blazing Saddles, but I doubt that anyone would mistake Cleavon Little for one of the Stooges, and you've already ruled out Abbott and Costello.  Maybe the Ritz Brothers did a bit like that in one of their films?  (I'm not a big fan of them, so I don't know their movies very well.)

Offline metaldams

If BeAStooge and Moe Howard were debating a Stooge fact, I'd side with BeAStooge.  Seriously, the guy knows his stuff.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

The first thing that came to mind was Blazing Saddles, but I doubt that anyone would mistake Cleavon Little for one of the Stooges,

Maybe he's color blind.

Dog Hambone

Having seem all the shorts, I know of no such scene. If it was supposedly in one of the shorts, then "5 or 10 minutes" is an unbelievably long time since the shorts are only 16 to 18 minutes long. I feel certain I would be able to recall a scene that was "5 or 10 minutes of hilarity".

I'm with BeAStooge on this one. He is the Maharaja of Minutiae on all things Stooges; if he says no such scene exists, you can take that to the bank.

killarney

So it wasnt a short then. I know what we saw. You folk are not up to snuff saying there was no such scene.

Offline metaldams

So it wasnt a short then. I know what we saw. You folk are not up to snuff saying there was no such scene.

Are you positive all Three Stooges were involved?  Perhaps one Stooge was involved in a solo appearance?

Are you sure maybe it wasn't another team, like Wheeler and Woolsey (I dunno, does MUMMY'S BOYS have a similar scene?).  It's been awhile since I've seen ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE MUMMY.  Is there a similar scene in that one?

I can assure you, you are speaking to a group of people who have seen every Stooge scene too many times for normal society to accept.  If we haven't seen it, it doesn't exsist.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Are you positive all Three Stooges were involved?  Perhaps one Stooge was involved in a solo appearance?

Are you sure maybe it wasn't another team, like Wheeler and Woolsey (I dunno, does MUMMY'S BOYS have a similar scene?).  It's been awhile since I've seen ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE MUMMY.  Is there a similar scene in that one?

I can assure you, you are speaking to a group of people who have seen every Stooge scene too many times for normal society to accept.  If we haven't seen it, it doesn't exsist.

Why you wasting time with this troll? If this was my place I'd throw him outta here. Especially after calling Brent ignorant.

Offline metaldams

Why you wasting time with this troll? If this was my place I'd throw him outta here. Especially after calling Brent ignorant.

Because I'm morbidly curious as to what this guy's onto.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

Because I'm morbidly curious as to what this guy's onto.

If this a legit question (Which I doubt), I was thinking he might have quicksand confused with water. There are a couple shorts where a Stooge gets pulled out of water.  Larry, in "Punch Drunks", or Curly after he says "It ain't deep" and then he steps in water over his head and has to be fished out. (I don't remember which short that's from). 

Offline benjilbum

There is no scene in any Stooge movie with them struggling in quicksand. The closest would be We Want Our Mummy, with Curly thrashing around in sand like it was water. That's about it trust me.

killarney

Well, i'm telling you dudes you are wrong. If it was just me that would be different but my friend confirms it was the stooges and we concor that Shemp was in it. Probably wasnt a "short". I also have another friend that says he remembers it.

killarney

I see you dont know the meaning of "ignorant". Its not a bad word.
 Not liking an answer doesn't excuse rudeness.  Keep it up and I will ban you permanently. - Dunrobin (Webmaster)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I see you dont know the meaning of "ignorant". Its not a bad word.

I know the meaning of "arrogance", and you have it in spades.  You asked a question and were given the answer - you are mistaken in thinking that the scene you describe involved the Three Stooges.  Your not liking the answer doesn't excuse bad manners.

Dog Hambone

Well, i'm telling you dudes you are wrong. If it was just me that would be different but my friend confirms it was the stooges and we concor that Shemp was in it. Probably wasnt a "short". I also have another friend that says he remembers it.

Jeez, you asked a question & a bunch of people answered, trying to help you out. Under the soicumstances, I don't understand the reason for your rudeness.

How long ago did you and your 2 alleged friends see the routine you are describing? If it was a long time ago, your memory of it may have faded. Is it possible you 3 guys smoked a little too much loco weed while you were watching it?
 [bonk]