General Boards > Questions and Answers

Which episode?

<< < (5/25) > >>

adventa:
I am a newbie (groan!!) -- although I have loved the Three for over 45 years . . . and this was the best place I (think) I cd find to post.

What a great website!!!  THANK YOU!!  A friend in NY alerted me to it -- we used to howl over the Stooges in college (having watched them for yrs as kids).

OK, to my question:  in which episode does the marvelous one-of-a-kind Mr. Jerry Howard sing (in that inimitable voice), "She was bred in old Kentucky/But she's just a crumb up here -- la leee, la laaa" (etc.) ???

If someone can answer this I wd be very happy -- b/c I wd love to find it and watch it.  It's along the lines of when he's shaving the ice in and stuffing the turkey in "An Ache in Every Stake" -- singing along happy as a clam, making us all fall on the floor laughing.

Also -- I shd know this -- but in which short are they sinking in a rowboat, and Curly finds a drill:  "Oooooooooooooooh!  A water letter-outer!!" -- ?

Thanks everyone. Glad to have found this mecca of mania.

ThumpTheShoes:

--- Quote from: adventa on March 26, 2009, 06:45:15 PM ---I am a newbie (groan!!) -- although I have loved the Three for over 45 years . . . and this was the best place I (think) I cd find to post.

What a great website!!!  THANK YOU!!  A friend in NY alerted me to it -- we used to howl over the Stooges in college (having watched them for yrs as kids).

OK, to my question:  in which episode does the marvelous one-of-a-kind Mr. Jerry Howard sing (in that inimitable voice), "She was bred in old Kentucky/But she's just a crumb up here -- la leee, la laaa" (etc.) ???
If someone can answer this I wd be very happy -- b/c I wd love to find it and watch it.  It's along the lines of when he's shaving the ice in and stuffing the turkey in "An Ache in Every Stake" -- singing along happy as a clam, making us all fall on the floor laughing.

Also -- I shd know this -- but in which short are they sinking in a rowboat, and Curly finds a drill:  "Oooooooooooooooh!  A water letter-outer!!" -- ?

Thanks everyone. Glad to have found this mecca of mania.

--- End quote ---

Welcome aboard!

Curly sings in I Can Hardly Wait.

You'll find "a water letter outer" in Booby Dupes.

Both of these shorts are on the Three Stooges Collection: Volume Four.

Dog Hambone:

--- Quote from: droopy on October 04, 2008, 02:52:53 PM ---I am looking for a rare episode.  The boys are in some jungle, and happen upon an idol with multiple arms guarding a diamond.  Moe, as I remember it tries to grab the diamond and is given a hilarious "smack attack"!  If any one could help-- Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I believe the short to which you are referring is "Some More of Samoa". They're in the jungle on the isle of Rhumboogie, but it's Curly who meets up with the idol with multiple arms. Also, the idol is not guarding a diamond, it is guarding the very rare "puckerless persimmon" tree. 

BeAStooge:

--- Quote from: droopy on October 04, 2008, 02:52:53 PM ---I am looking for a rare episode.  The boys are in some jungle, and happen upon an idol with multiple arms guarding a diamond.  Moe, as I remember it tries to grab the diamond and is given a hilarious "smack attack"!  If any one could help-- Thanks!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Dog Hambone on March 29, 2009, 08:32:38 PM ---I believe the short to which you are referring is "Some More of Samoa".

--- End quote ---

HULA-LA-LA (1951)

adventa:

--- Quote from: ThumpTheShoes on March 26, 2009, 07:17:00 PM ---Welcome aboard!

Curly sings in I Can Hardly Wait.

You'll find "a water letter outer" in Booby Dupes.

Both of these shorts are on the Three Stooges Collection: Volume Four.

--- End quote ---

Thanks so much!  I soitenly can't wait to find these and re-watch them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version