General Boards > Questions and Answers

Which episode?

<< < (23/25) > >>

Paul Pain:

--- Quote from: doniel on January 09, 2021, 04:38:51 PM ---I'm a brand new member. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to start a new thread. Hence, this reply to an old one.
There was a short in which the boys are being chased inside a building (mosque?) by murderous bad guys. Larry slips on a robe, prostrates himself in "prayer" and calls out (in Yiddish) something like "Vemen hakt a tshaynik." My searches have not been able to turn this up. Can anyone help?

--- End quote ---

Larry is speaking in Yiddish while dressed as a Chinese laundryman.  The short is MUTTS TO YOU.

Bustoff73:
Isn't that in "Mutts to You"?

Paul Pain:

--- Quote from: Bustoff73 on January 09, 2021, 08:06:17 PM ---Isn't that in "Mutts to You"?

--- End quote ---

Yes, thank you.  I got my dog-themed shorts confused.  I had the right short but the wrong title.

doniel:
Thank you for your replies, but that's not what I mean. Unless I'm hallucinating - and I never even smoked pot - I remember Larry on his knees, bobbing up and down pretending to be praying and saying the specific phrase I wrote in my first post. But if that doesn't ring a bell with you, then I'll have to chalk it up as another of life's mysteries that will remain unsolved.

Bustoff73:
Hmm. Check out "Pop Goes the Easel" (1935). He says something similar when they are trying to fool the cop in the art studio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version