Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The190 shorts for sale or trade

Offline 3Stooges

I have the 190 Stooge shorts on DVD-r for sale or trade if anyone is interested.

Offline Baggie

I'm interested, but mostly interested in how you acquired them in the first place? What are you willing to sell them for, and what is the quality like? Just asking, sounds a bit dodgy to me.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
Not to mention, are all shorts uncut?
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline mrhoward

how much do want for cuckoo on a choo choo
 Please refer to rule #1 in the posting guidelines located on the general discussion board. S#1

xraffle

I'm interested, but mostly interested in how you acquired them in the first place? What are you willing to sell them for, and what is the quality like? Just asking, sounds a bit dodgy to me.
I was asking that exact same question to myself. If this person has all 190 shorts uncut, uninterrupted, are beautiful 35mm prints, and are sold for a reasonable price, then I'll be interested. If this is true, then he has to say how he obtained them.

brett11253

Ya... How did you get them and how much are they for?!?!?!?

Offline 3Stooges

They're from the official DVDs, the official VHS and TV airings only when obsolutely necessary. Top notch quality.

Offline Themescules

This guy has all 190 Stooges for sale: I got a set myself and they are of Top Notch quality: All 190 episodes are in Chronological order from 1-190 on 40 DVD's. If you don't see it keep looking as it might have been sold and he will relist another set.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/92055519

Don’t you Dare Hit me in the Head; You know I’m not NORMAL!!! Curly-Loco Boy Makes Good & Dizzy Pilots.

Offline 3Stooges

I wouldnt suggest getting it from that guy. He charges too much. You can get the set for much cheaper in other places...I've seen it go for less than half what he charges. These sets are all over the place now. They're easy to get.

xraffle

I have that set. I wouldn't exactly say that the quality is top notch. The quality varies on each episode. It's still a great set and I highly recommend it. 3Stooges is right. That is a lot of money. I got it for less than that price. So, take my advice. Negotiate with the guy.

By the way, as 3Stooges said, these sets are all over the place now. The reason is that these DVDs are so easy to copy since they aren't copy-protected.

Offline 3Stooges

You dont have to even negotiate with him. There are plenty of other people willing to sell it a dirt cheap prices...

Like here for 69 bucks...

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/92072835

Every other place I've seen them has been much cheaper than what this guy is asking for them. There used to be only a couple people selling them. Now, many of the people who bought them are making their own copies, and so on and so on to the point that they are all over the internet and they are very cheap. All you have to do is look...

Since everyone is making digital copies, the quality is exactly the same. Everyone has them from the same sources. Official DVD, Official VHS and TV Broadcast for the late Shemps and the Joe's.

Anyone who pays $175 for these now is a total sucker.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well that certainly didn't take long. I paid a sizeable sum for my set, but when I bought mine the market was not flooded as it is now. Everybody and their grandmother's dog are now burning copies for sale, which of course means the price has gone down considerably.

I'm happy with the price I paid, because I bought my set awhile ago, when the demand exceeded the supply. There is no fuckin' way I would pay what I did then now though. If anything I hope this thread and this site will help people who are looking to buy the set (which I highly recommend) get the best deal for it. The supply has exceeded the demand, and did so lightning fast.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

That must be a different set. That guy has 190 shorts on 38 DVDs. The one I bought had 40 DVDs. I guess there are different kinds of sets. I wonder if the quality is better on that other set.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It's a different set, but I think he recorded it from the same set and managed to knock it down from 40 to 38.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Themescules

Yeah there are other people selling The Stooges for different prices however they only offer the disc's themselves in paper sleeves,they don't come with label covers or cases or anything like that. I guess the best part of buying the more expensive set is that it comes with the custom DVD covers and disc label covers along with the custom menus and synopsis of every short, basically it's a much more professional looking set.

Actually I purchased his Complete F-Troop and Addams Family sets and like them just as much or more than the Stooges.

The reason Joe from New York (3Stooges) is bad mouthing the set is because he himself is selling the set and doesn't like the competition.

Don’t you Dare Hit me in the Head; You know I’m not NORMAL!!! Curly-Loco Boy Makes Good & Dizzy Pilots.

xraffle

I'm one of the people who bought the discs in paper sleeves. I really don't care that I don't have the professional looking cases because all I care about is that I saved over $150. I only bought the set to get the remaining 28 shorts I don't have. I already had the other 162 shorts transferred on DVD. That is why it would be a complete rip-off to me if I bought the set for $220. For those who never had any of the shorts on DVD, $220 is a fair price. In my situation, it's a different story.

Offline stooge107

If anyone has these, I would really like a copy.  The plain old burned copies in white labels would be fine.  Please e-mail me.  Thanks.

tc

write me , lets makea deal ! want to know if the quality is there ! ty ,,, write me bharleyroadking@msn.com!

xraffle

write me , lets makea deal ! want to know if the quality is there ! ty ,,, write me bharleyroadking@msn.com!

??? ???

tc

hows the quality of the episodes , i have bought some and found the ones that were on the air like the bessor shorts were a 5 at best ,,,, how much do you want for all 190 ?ty