Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Journal - Issue 126

Offline falsealarms

Issue Details Here - including an option to buy it

Highlights (for me) -

- Another piece in the great "Stooges location" series that examines Slippery Silks.

- A nice look at various Stooge books. That actually propelled me to purchase one of them - Once A Stooge, Always A Stooge. Can't go wrong at 0.56 + 3.99 SH from Amazon's Marketplace.

- I also liked the piece about "Calling Dr. Howard"  ;D

Anyone have thoughts on this issue?

Offline Justin T

Hmm, I didnt get mine in the mail today as far as I know.

I hope it will be in the mailbox tomorrow, Sounds like a great issue!
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline falsealarms

Yeah, it only takes 2 days for me. It's being mailed about 4 hrs away, so I'm relatively lucky.

Offline curlysdame

Sounds like another good one!  I'm curious to see the rare Horwitz family picture from 1902.  Hopefully I'll get my copy soon!   ;D  I Can Hardly Wait... 
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Double Deal Decker

I also have not gotten my copy of the latest Journal as of yet. I always look forward to receiving them, as they contain a wealth of information. As others have already said,..."I Can Hardly Wait !!!"   :laugh:

Moe,..."We get a half a slice of ham and a half an egg apiece. YOU GET a WHOLE BONE and a WHOLE EGGSHELL,..and you're squawkin' !!!"   ;D

Offline FineBari3

Another excellent issue of the Journal!

The picture of the young Horowitz family is great. Shemp looks like a very mischevious child.....

Jim Pauley's Then and Now series is fantastic, and has been my favorite series in the Journal (sorry Rich!).

BTW, the first time my picture has appeared in the Journal!   [yay]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Justin T

Well, just as I hoped my copy of Issue 126 was in my mailbox this aftenoon, WOO HOO!

I agree with Falsealarms, the article about the Slippery Silks location was awesome, I liked
the first part of the Stooge Book reviews article, made me think about getting some of em,
and the article about John Rock and his song "Calling Dr.Howard" was a fun read, I'll have
to go check out the video of it on YouTube.

Looks like alot of people had fun at the Fan Club meeting, Hopefully I will be able to attend
it next year.

Overall, another great issue. Kudos to Gary and co. for all the hard work they put into every issue.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline curlysdame

Just got my mail and still no Journal   :-\  At least, somebody, tell me who's on the cover?  nyuk nyuk
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
At least, somebody, tell me who's on the cover?

Larry...

The cover and index of contents are in this site's Journal database.

Offline archiezappa

I just got my issue today.  I was so excited (as always).  I like the front cover.  Interesting picture of Larry (my favorite stooge).  I like the article about "Calling Doctor Howard."  I've never heard the song.  I would like to hear it.

You know, I just got to thinking.  If there's enough songs about the Stooges, why doesn't someone issue a CD of rock songs that are tributes to the Stooges?  You know, songs like "The Curly Shuffle" by Jump N The Saddle Band, "Calling Dr. Howard," and that song by Frank Black, I think it's called "Two-Reelers."  I think that would be a cool album.  And, it could be promoted along with the new DVD sets.  In other words, right now would be the perfect time for such a collection.  Just an idea...

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I like the article about "Calling Doctor Howard."  I've never heard the song.  I would like to hear it.

[youtube=425,350]MFT_5Mt2i7g[/youtube]

Offline curlysdame

Larry...

The cover and index of contents are in this site's Journal database.

Gotcha.  I guess the pic hadn't been uploaded last time I checked the Journal page.  Thanks!

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Ladies and Gentlemen: [salute]

Just would like to say that you did an excellent job on this issue.  Very well detailed.  Excellent collection of articles and pictures of the Stooges plus excellent collection of Stooges history and Memobillia.  The picture of the Horwitz family is a treasure.  Sirs and mames thank you for this excellent issue. 

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392    [3stooges]

Offline JazzBill

The rare bargain, for $9.00 a year you get great stuff like this. ;D
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline falsealarms

Here's an "online extra" if you will -

John Rock sent me this picture that did not make it into the Journal. It shows The Finders with their Curly look-alike that's mentioned in my story in there. Rock is the one under the "Todd is God" writing. The Curly look-alike, ideally, is obvious.