Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sony Press Release: Three Stooges Collection Vol. 3 1940-1942

BeAStooge · 47 · 18968

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges Vol. 3 1940-1942 DVD: August 26, 2008 - September 01, 2008

Offline Justin T

I like the green color also, very nice. Thanks for posting this guys
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline locoboymakesgood

Wow!

An Ache in Every Stake, You Nazty Spy!, and A Plumbing We Will Go? This is quite a set.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

Wow!

An Ache in Every Stake, You Nazty Spy!, and A Plumbing We Will Go? This is quite a set.

It sure is. Each set gets more and more exciting. Hard to believe that after this set gets released, Sony is more than half way done releasing all the Curly shorts. At this excellent pace, it looks like we'll get all 97 of them on DVD by early 2009.

Offline archiezappa

I nearly fell in the floor when I saw the artwork.  This is awesome!!!  I can't wait to get it.  I just got done watching the first disc in Volume Two and I must say that I'm impressed.  The people who are doing the film restoration deserve a nod.  In fact, they deserve way more than that.  They've made our dreams come true.  Keep up the good work Sony!

Offline curlysdame

Sweet!  I'm lovin' that green!  I don't think I had ever seen the picture used on the cover, either, from 'All The World's A Stooge.'  It's always to see a "new" picture of the Stooges.

They've made our dreams come true.  Keep up the good work Sony!

I'll say they did!   [whoo]  We're already up to 1942; looks like we might get all 190 after all *knock on wood*
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Offline falsealarms

Volume 3 is already skyrocketing up the sales ranks. It's 290 among all DVD @ amazon.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've pre-ordered my copy, and signed up for the notification on Volume 4.   [whoo]

Offline archiezappa

Wow!  They've already got a notification up for volume 4?  That's awesome!  Sounds like they're really getting serious about releasing the Three Stooges.  Maybe all 190 will be in all our libraries very soon.  Perhaps by the end of 2009?  I hope so!

Offline Double Crosser

Yes!  It took decades, but it's all finally coming.

My girlfriend is not a really Stooge fan, but she doesn't mind if I watch them and she might watch them too.  She recently commented that she likes Shemp a lot more than Curly.  Her favorite one seems to be Fright Night.  She's got good taste. :laugh:

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I went to dinner with my mom and her neighbors at the local crab shack. She orders soft-shell crab. I tell her it's a "spider". Then have to explain "A Pain in the Pullman" to the 3 of them. "It's a turtle".

When the waitress came back to the table, I was the only one to remember that Mom ordered a Caeser salad. Or a week ago, a guy was shot & killed in the same parking lot as the restaurant.

I hope I'm not that feeble at 80.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

I just looked at the pre-order page at Amazon and came across this post from our friend stooged and confused.

More volumes on the way!, July 4, 2008
By  stooged and confused - See all my reviews

The plan from Sony is to have the entire series out by the end of 2009! There should be four volumes out by the end of '08 and once I receive my advanced copy of Volume 3, I'll post a detailed review as I've done for the previous two sets.

If S&C is correct, we should geting volumes 4 & 5 by the end of this year. So, it seems like Shemp will see the light of day on DVD before this year ends. Looks like he'll be posting an advanced review as well. Hopefully, he'll return to this site and share his review with us. If he doesn't, I'll post his review here if/when I see it up.

Offline Stooges#1

Hi guys, im new here and would like to say hi. I'am from Australia, 25 and an avid Stooge fan.  [cool]

I've got a question about a short that may or may not be in volume 3 or even the one after in October. I'll give you some parts that i remember.

I remember the Stooges seeing a girl they remember, both parties put their suitcases down but they leave with the wrong bags the stooges try to find her. Curly eats something hot and needs to drink looks of water. They try to find the girl in an apartment complex and ask a Mexican or Spaniard person if he can give them directions and whenever the boys say "Siesta" he goes to sleep also when the boys say "Hello" it actually means "Goodbye" (i think i've got that right?). I think the girls name was Doloros.

Thanks for any help, that short was an all time favourite of mine. Sorry if this post doesnt belong in here.

Offline metaldams

Hi guys, im new here and would like to say hi. I'am from Australia, 25 and an avid Stooge fan.  [cool]

I've got a question about a short that may or may not be in volume 3 or even the one after in October. I'll give you some parts that i remember.

I remember the Stooges seeing a girl they remember, both parties put their suitcases down but they leave with the wrong bags the stooges try to find her. Curly eats something hot and needs to drink looks of water. They try to find the girl in an apartment complex and ask a Mexican or Spaniard person if he can give them directions and whenever the boys say "Siesta" he goes to sleep also when the boys say "Hello" it actually means "Goodbye" (i think i've got that right?). I think the girls name was Doloros.

Thanks for any help, that short was an all time favourite of mine. Sorry if this post doesnt belong in here.

WHAT'S THE MATADOR, 1942 I think, so it should be in volume 3.  Welcome to the board!

PS:  Since you mentioned it, we have a QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS board.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Stooges#1

WHAT'S THE MATADOR, 1942 I think, so it should be in volume 3.  Welcome to the board!

PS:  Since you mentioned it, we have a QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS board.

Thanks for the welcome and also for the PS and the answer is correct:.  ;D

Thanks,

Stooges#1.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Has anyone got a hold of the cover art yet from Sony's press site?

AmalgamatedMoron

Has anyone got a hold of the cover art yet from Sony's press site?

If you're talking about Volume 3 it's on the first post in this thread.  As for Volume 4, I don't think it's been released yet.

Offline FineBari3

I think the girls name was Doloros.

"Dolores.....she has EYES."  Hahahahaha!

Welcome to the group! There are a couple of Australian Stooge fans that are active on the Yahoo group for the fan club members, BTW.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Stooges#1

"Dolores.....she has EYES."   Hahahahaha!

Welcome to the group! There are a couple of Australian Stooge fans that are active on the Yahoo group for the fan club members, BTW.

[sign10] Great quote from that short. I'am very happy that the short is on volume 3.

I might check out the Yahoo group but i like it here, there are lots of threads and discussion happening.  [cool]

Offline locoboymakesgood

If you're talking about Volume 3 it's on the first post in this thread.  As for Volume 4, I don't think it's been released yet.
I was referring to Volume 4 since it states that the cover art is available on their password protected press site.

xraffle

I was referring to Volume 4 since it states that the cover art is available on their password protected press site.

This is the Volume 3 thread. That's why he got mixed up. I don't think the cover art is available yet. When it is, it will be posted here.

Offline locoboymakesgood

This is the Volume 3 thread. That's why he got mixed up. I don't think the cover art is available yet. When it is, it will be posted here.
Bah. I was dead tired. haha