Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges...In A G.I. Joe Comic?!

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
Since you guys are Stooge experts, you'll probably already know this.

I used to read the Marvel G.I. Joe comic back when I was younger, but never noticed that the Three Stooges (really just people who looked liked them) worked for Cobra!   :o  Maybe Larry Hama is a Stooges fan?

Page 01
Page 02
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline FineBari3

Since you guys are Stooge experts, you'll probably already know this.

I used to read the Marvel G.I. Joe comic back when I was younger, but never noticed that the Three Stooges (really just people who looked liked them) worked for Cobra!   :o  Maybe Larry Hama is a Stooges fan?

Page 01
Page 02

COOL!

I was a bit too old for the new GI Joe when it came out in 1981 or so (I would have been 11), but I still got some of the toys and played with 'em! I loved the Cobra stuff, and always used to draw the Cobra Commander!

BTW, Ron Frenz grew up in my neighborhood and drew me a picture of the Stooges around 1983. He went on to draw Spider-Man, Thor....I think I may have even posted the picture that he drew for me here a few years ago.

All of the 'new' GI Joe figures from that era that I own have popped their rubber bands and fallen apart at the joints, much like their owner.

PS: I grew up playing with my brother's 'original' GI Joe 12" dolls. WAY more interesting than Barbie for me, at least until Star Wars came out!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline FineBari3

OK, here is a pic of that artwork that Ron Frenz drew for me way back in 1982. 
Back then, you couldn't even find a poster or a picture of the Stooges!  All of the pictures were drawn from pictures in Moe's biography. I know the Shemp one, was from the picture of him dressed in armor and his head was an anvil. I love the detail in Larry's hair!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
Awesome drawing.  I'm jealous.   [cry]
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline locoboymakesgood

Maybe I'm blind.. I kind of see Moe and Larry.. but that's third dude just kind of looks like nobody.

I grew up in the 80s, too, but I must say I never noticed this until now!
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline FineBari3

Maybe I'm blind.. I kind of see Moe and Larry.. but that's third dude just kind of looks like nobody.

I grew up in the 80s, too, but I must say I never noticed this until now!

He has short hair, I guess.

I thought Moe looked Chinese!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I lived on the same lake as Chad Smith of the 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' when growing up. He was a forward, I was a goalie.

He thought he broke my shin, but I laughed it off. I had catcher's shin pad under my jeans. This was in the days of no goalie masks.

Stupid fucking kids.

James

PS. Somewhere I have a pic of him at 13 with a smallmouth bass in my boat. His Mom still lives there. She keeps up with my Mom.
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!