Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Joe Besser on HOUNDCATS & I DREAM OF JEANNIE

I just came across an episode of HOUNDCATS, a '70s cartoon that I wasn't familiar with (odd because I grew up around that timeframe). I'd heard that Joe was a regular voice on some cartoons but this was the first time I'd seen one. Actually, this was much too hokey for me to watch most of it, but I did watch enough so as to tell which character Joe voiced.

Then I looked for, and found, an example of Joe voicing Babu in the I DREAM OF JEANNIE cartoon. (Babu actually kind of looks like Joe!)

All of this reinforces that Joe was one of those actors who always plays the same character no matter what part they're in!

"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I just came across an episode of HOUNDCATS, a '70s cartoon that I wasn't familiar with (odd because I grew up around that timeframe). I'd heard that Joe was a regular voice on some cartoons but this was the first time I'd seen one. Actually, this was much too hokey for me to watch most of it, but I did watch enough so as to tell which character Joe voiced.

Then I looked for, and found, an example of Joe voicing Babu in the I DREAM OF JEANNIE cartoon. (Babu actually kind of looks like Joe!)

TV Guest Appearances

TV Guest Appearances
I see - very informative. I note, however, that it doesn't distinguish between real "guest" appearances and being a regular cast member (as Joe was on several shows including the cartoons named).

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
TV Guest Appearances
I see - very informative. I note, however, that it doesn't distinguish between real "guest" appearances and being a regular cast member (as Joe was on several shows including the cartoons named).

Yes, it does.

Each TV episode's entry provides available plot, cast and crew information... identifying the Stooges' (or solo Stooge's) participation as a costar or guest star.

Oh, I see... it does if you actually click on the link...

...OK, never mind.