Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Collection Vol. III 1940-42

Offline fwdstuck

I wonder if stooged and confused has heard any news on volume 3 from his sony rep.

xraffle

I wonder if stooged and confused has heard any news on volume 3 from his sony rep.

He hasn't been on in a while. Let's cross our fingers and hope that he still remains active.

Offline ProfessorStooge

On my last visit to Amazon.com, the sales rank for Volume 2 was #48 in Movies and TV. I guess sales were so impressive that Volume 3 will be released sooner than we think. Amazon also has a listing for Volume 3 posted, but customers must sign up to be notified when it is available.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
On my last visit to Amazon.com, the sales rank for Volume 2 was #48 in Movies and TV. I guess sales were so impressive that Volume 3 will be released sooner than we think. Amazon also has a listing for Volume 3 posted, but customers must sign up to be notified when it is available.

Do you have a link to volume 3 sign-up?

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline UncleBobOLink

Could someone who bought any of those Three Stooges 190 complete sets, from www.ioffer.com  please email me, and give me a review.......... that would be great to have until Sony finishes their sets

Thanks

Brad
Moe:  Didn't you say you had an uncle ?
Curly:  Yeah, Uncle Bob O. Link, but the family didn't speak to him, He had MILLIONS.........
Moe:  Thats it, We're rich
Larry:  We're filthy with dough
Moe:  You're filthy WITHOUT it..............

xraffle

Could someone who bought any of those Three Stooges 190 complete sets, from www.ioffer.com  please email me, and give me a review.......... that would be great to have until Sony finishes their sets

Thanks

Brad

I just thought I'd suggest that you wait and buy the Sony sets instead. Trust me, the wait would be worth it. However, if you still want to buy a bootleg set, don't let me stop you. I just recommend that you save your money for the official sets.

Offline UncleBobOLink

HI,

I probably AM going to wait, I was just wondering if these are recorded off TV, or if they are pulled from other DVDs...........  what is the quality.............  if they are recorded off TV, theres NO way Im ordering........

Just checking

Thanks

PS... the copy of The Three Stooges Chronicles did NOT contain Nertsery Rhymes......... anywhere on the disc
do you have the link for the one that DOES.......
Moe:  Didn't you say you had an uncle ?
Curly:  Yeah, Uncle Bob O. Link, but the family didn't speak to him, He had MILLIONS.........
Moe:  Thats it, We're rich
Larry:  We're filthy with dough
Moe:  You're filthy WITHOUT it..............

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Thanks for the link!

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
HI,

I probably AM going to wait, I was just wondering if these are recorded off TV, or if they are pulled from other DVDs...........  what is the quality.............  if they are recorded off TV, theres NO way Im ordering........

Just checking

Thanks

PS... the copy of The Three Stooges Chronicles did NOT contain Nertsery Rhymes......... anywhere on the disc
do you have the link for the one that DOES.......

Or you could do what I did.

Download the shorts from a Torrent site.  Some are TV rips, others are DVD rips.  Once a new Volume is out, I delete the shorts that I downloaded (since their quality isn't nearly as good).  This way you can enjoy all of the shorts (in one form or another) until all Sony Volumes are released...and you don't spend any extra money.   [cool]
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

xraffle

There are several different types of bootlegs out there. On the set that I got, some shorts were taken from the VHS tapes, some from TV, and some ripped from DVDs. Not sure if the ones at ioffer are the same way, but I don't think it's worth taking the chance.

Offline falsealarms

A Plumbling We Will Go needs a lot of work, if the previous DVD release is any indication. I believe All The World's A Stooge is need of noticable cleanup too. Any others?

They did great with cleaning up shorts like "Groans..." last time.

Offline Stooges#1

It just hit me now, 8 days to go til this is released and a further 2 days to get it shipped to Australia as i spent extra for the quickest shipping from Amazon.com.

I cannot wait, i havent watched alot of volume 3s shorts in years and im happy that volume 4 gets released 6 weeks later as i'll most likely watch volume 3 in a day or two.

xraffle

It just hit me now, 8 days to go til this is released and a further 2 days to get it shipped to Australia as i spent extra for the quickest shipping from Amazon.com.

I cannot wait, i havent watched alot of volume 3s shorts in years and im happy that volume 4 gets released 6 weeks later as i'll most likely watch volume 3 in a day or two.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to get Volume 3. It might take me a while to get it. I just happened to be lucky when getting the first two volumes. With Volume 1, I ordered that from Amazon which took forever to arrive. With Volume 2, I was on vacation that week so I had a lot of time to shop around. But now, I'm not on vacation so I can only shop around on weekends, but I'm busy those days too doing other things. I probably might stop by Best Buy during that weekend, but since that store only carries one copy of those sets, they'll probably be out of stock really fast. I would order the set from Amazon, but I'm afraid to because their shipping has been sloppy lately. The last couple of times I ordered a DVD from them, they shipped them in envelopes, not boxes. Since these stooge sets are in slipcases, I will be so screwed if Amazon ships those in envelopes because they'll arrived in the mail all crushed. Call me anal, but I want my DVD cover to arrive in decent condition.

Offline archiezappa

Thanks

Brad

I can describe the set in two words: it sucks!  Especially, if you compare it to these new sets from Sony.  Don't waste your money like I did.  Sure, it was cool to watch all of the shorts, but the audio/video quality left a lot to be desired.  After buying the set and viewing it, I felt like I had been royally ripped off.  Yes, I did buy from a dealer on ioffer.

Offline Stooges#1

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to get Volume 3. It might take me a while to get it. I just happened to be lucky when getting the first two volumes. With Volume 1, I ordered that from Amazon which took forever to arrive. With Volume 2, I was on vacation that week so I had a lot of time to shop around. But now, I'm not on vacation so I can only shop around on weekends, but I'm busy those days too doing other things. I probably might stop by Best Buy during that weekend, but since that store only carries one copy of those sets, they'll probably be out of stock really fast. I would order the set from Amazon, but I'm afraid to because their shipping has been sloppy lately. The last couple of times I ordered a DVD from them, they shipped them in envelopes, not boxes. Since these stooge sets are in slipcases, I will be so screwed if Amazon ships those in envelopes because they'll arrived in the mail all crushed. Call me anal, but I want my DVD cover to arrive in decent condition.

You're not being anal at all, i have only received one dvd set in those envelops and i was not happy at all but since it came with a courier it came to my door, otherwise it would've come in the mail if i had purchased the slower shipping. That is why i always make it a rule to buy atleast 2-3 different things (even if i only want one, they're dvds im sure i'll find something) because if i buy 2-3 things then Amazon.com have no choice but to package them in a box since they'll would be too big for an envelope.

I've read that best buy only ever stock one or two copies of the Stooges sets which would be frustrating. Maybe you can buy it off Amazon.com and select next day shipping? But that would probably cost an arm and a leg.

xraffle

You're not being anal at all, i have only received one dvd set in those envelops and i was not happy at all but since it came with a courier it came to my door, otherwise it would've come in the mail if i had purchased the slower shipping. That is why i always make it a rule to buy atleast 2-3 different things (even if i only want one, they're dvds im sure i'll find something) because if i buy 2-3 things then Amazon.com have no choice but to package them in a box since they'll would be too big for an envelope.

I've read that best buy only ever stock one or two copies of the Stooges sets which would be frustrating. Maybe you can buy it off Amazon.com and select next day shipping? But that would probably cost an arm and a leg.

Yeah, when you order multiple items at Amazon, they ship it in a box. But if you only order one DVD, it's shipped in an envelope. What I'll probably do is look around some stores after I get out of work that day. Hopefully, I'll find it and the rush hour here in New York City won't be too hard on me.

Offline Stooges#1

Yeah, when you order multiple items at Amazon, they ship it in a box. But if you only order one DVD, it's shipped in an envelope. What I'll probably do is look around some stores after I get out of work that day. Hopefully, I'll find it and the rush hour here in New York City won't be too hard on me.

Hopefully you can find it on the first day.  ;)

Offline Stooges#1

I was just thinking, would these sets have had nicer, crisper sound if the Audio was Stereo and not Mono? My thinking here is that the shorts themselves are restored and remastered and Stereo is nicer than Mono. Would it have made much of a difference?

Offline Darkhoarse820

I was just thinking, would these sets have had nicer, crisper sound if the Audio was Stereo and not Mono? My thinking here is that the shorts themselves are restored and remastered and Stereo is nicer than Mono. Would it have made much of a difference?

That would be nice, wouldn't it?  Unfortunately, the only film to be widely recorded and mixed in stereo was "Fantasia" in 1940.  The sound was never actually in the film itself.  The sound was mixed live in the theaters on a three-track mixing board (two tracks for music and one for the dialogue).  The rest of Hollywood DID use stereo but, only in a dialogue/musical setting.  In other words, there is no real true stereo for any of the Stooges films.  To put it plainly, you're stuck with what you've got. 

Offline Stooges#1

A few of us have already had our sets shipped before the 26th but for everyone else volume 3 is getting officially released today. I cant wait to get my set in the next two days, watch it in about one day and then someone can wake me up on October 7th.  ;) :laugh:

xraffle

Well, today is the big day. It's August 26th but nobody said anything about this set. I was expecting a 20 page thread by now. ;D

All kidding aside, I still haven't gotten it yet. I'll do my shopping when I get off from work later today.

Offline falsealarms

I have it but I don't have it.

UPS has delivered it. However, I've been at school all day and unable to watch it. My semester just began.

xraffle

I have it but I don't have it.

UPS has delivered it. However, I've been at school all day and unable to watch it. My semester just began.

My semester starts next week. At that time, I'll be working and going to school. I can't wait for the fun begin. But it's my last year, so I'm excited about that. ;D

Offline Justin T

OMG

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon from Amazon and it shipped that night, (from Bethlehem, PA which is about 5-6 hours
from me) so as a result my copy of Vol 3 was delivered to my house TODAY at 1:00pm and I only used
2 day shipping!! The first estimate was it would be here by Thursday so WOW did I luck out! It's like it moved
at one day speed when I paid for two.

WOO HOO, now its time to go pop it in my DVD player!
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"