Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ernest Borgnine alive and well at 91

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Ernest Borgnine is doing and looking great at age 91... a few of us should be that good at the 5-0 mark.

For a good laugh, Borgnine recently explained the reason for his healthy longevity...
[youtube=425,350]3I_PeLNzxNQ[/youtube]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline curlysdame

Hahahaha!! Great clip!  "I just shook his hand!!!"  I love that guy; he reminds me of my grandpa: a big Italian guy with a pot belly and white hair.

Has anyone here ever seen the MST3K episode "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders"?  It's so awesomely bad, aaand it stars Borgnine.  I'd put the youtube clip up, but the embedding has been disabled.  Here's the link though:

&feature=related
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

AmalgamatedMoron

Wow, good ole' Ernest is still around.  And rather candid about the secret to his advanced age.  I couldn't think of anything he's been in since I watched him on Airwolf in the 80's (great show BTW).  But thanks to my kids I remembered that he does the voice of "Mermaid Man" on SpongeBob SquarePants.  Still working in his nineties, and apparently not having any trouble with his plumbing!  I hope I'm that lucky if I reach his age.   

Offline curlysdame

But thanks to my kids I remembered that he does the voice of "Mermaid Man" on SpongeBob SquarePants

Omg, really?  I can't believe I never caught that!  I've a bunch of episodes and I never noticed.  I'm gonna have to youtube some clips of that....
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

AmalgamatedMoron

Omg, really?  I can't believe I never caught that!  I've a bunch of episodes and I never noticed.  I'm gonna have to youtube some clips of that....

Yeah, isn't that funny?  Did you know Tim Conway voices "Barnacle Boy"?  Borgnine and Conway, what a duo.  The only thing funnier would be Tim Conway and Harvey Korman voicing those two on SpongeBob (though we lost poor Harvey earlier this year).

Offline curlysdame

Here's a clip I found on youtube.  Not the greatest, but you can definitely tell it's Bornine.  You're right, Amalgamated, they are a good duo.  I would've never thought to put those two together.  LoL, Mermaid Man hella looks like Borgnine.  Gotta love that shell 'bra' he's wearing, too!!

&feature=related