The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge Music Video Creation

· 33 · 7589

Skeeb Wilcox

Thought you might like to see it...

Scott

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en"></param><embed src="
&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline FineBari3

A religious song?

I don't get it.... [shrug]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

ThumpTheShoes

Scott

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Yeah, I give up on comedy, too. Maybe I'll move to the hills and become a philosopher.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
A good combination:

Peanut Butter and Chocolate.   [cool]

A bad combination:

Three Stooges footage mixed with Religious music.   >:D

I'd rather have a heavy metal song play with the Stooges than hear something about "God".   :D
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline curlysdame

Scott

...why???   ???   [cry]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Mattie Herring

Offline metaldams

They said "Christ has risen" in sync with Larry's head popping up from the ground.  'Nuff said.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'm sorry, but I just could not stop laughing at the absurdity of this video.  These ladies are singing a Christian song, as Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp are getting into all kinds of hijinx.  It's bizarre, but extremely funny.  Did anyone else find it the slightest bit odd that they used a Christian song for a Stooges video, seeing as the Stooges were Jewish?  ::)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Mattie Herring

Did anyone else find it the slightest bit odd that they used a Christian song for a Stooges video, seeing as the Stooges were Jewish?  ::)
I was going to post exactly that.  Of course, this topic could now turn into a 7-page argument about religion and the Stooges...

Skeeb Wilcox

Did anyone else find it the slightest bit odd that they used a Christian song for a Stooges video, seeing as the Stooges were Jewish?  ::)

So all of you Stooges "authorities" (and I say that admiringly) don't realize that Larry was the only Stooge to have openly accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior prior to his death? I think it's going to be great knowing that as I spend eternity in Heaven, Larry will be there...

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
So all of you Stooges "authorities" (and I say that admiringly) don't realize that Larry was the only Stooge to have openly accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior prior to his death? I think it's going to be great knowing that as I spend eternity in Heaven, Larry will be there...

So let me get this straight...

Larry is in Heaven.

Moe, Curly, Shemp, Joe, and Curly Joe are in Hell.  Sure Joe is Hell enough, but to hang out with all three Howard brothers beats Larry every time.   ;)  I'll take a seat in Hell please.   [cool]
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline metaldams

So let me get this straight...

Larry is in Heaven.

Moe, Curly, Shemp, Joe, and Curly Joe are in Hell.  Sure Joe is Hell enough, but to hang out with all three Howard brothers beats Larry every time.   ;)  I'll take a seat in Hell please.   [cool]

Moe is definitely in Hell, I have it on good authority.  God told me so as His face appeared to me on a box of Quaker Oats oatmeal.  You know the Quaker guy?  His face turned into God's and started speaking to me.  He looks like a combination of Ronnie James Dio and Rodney Dangerfield.  Anyway, Moe is in Hell because not only did he give an eye for an eye, but TWO eyes for an eye!  God then told me the only employee of any type who is in Heaven from the Columbia Shorts Department is El Brendel.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline curlysdame

Wait for me!  I'm coming, too.  [cool]  I'd spend eternity in a garbage dump if it meant hanging out with the three Howard brothers.   :P
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Mattie Herring

Like Willie says in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom:  "I'd feel safer if I slept with a snake."

Offline falsealarms

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It was so absurd, it was funny.

AmalgamatedMoron

I know this thread is dated, but I just came across it and could not resist commenting.  This is utterly retarded, and even sacrilegious.  I grew up in the 70's listening to this group--The 2nd Chapter of Acts.  Great trio, especially Matthew Ward.  Lots of soul for a blond-haired, blue-eyed white boy.  But never in a million years would I have dreamed of pairing a classic Easter song (or any Christian song) with my beloved Stooges.  To do so is to disrespect both.  Please don't mix the sacred and the secular.  Both have their place in the "Two Kingdoms" (see Martin Luther).  Watching the Stooges in this video is creepy and strange, and it trivializes the resurrection.  You are way off the mark here Skeeb.  Lay off the sauce when you are creating YouTube videos. 

Offline metaldams

But never in a million years would I have dreamed of pairing a classic Easter song (or any Christian song) with my beloved Stooges.  To do so is to disrespect both. 

Bingo.
- Doug Sarnecky

Skeeb Wilcox

Please folks, especially Board Administrators, realize this: I HONESTLY DID NOT WANT TO HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF CONCERNING THIS VIDEO ON THIS SITE AND GO DOWN THIS PATH, specifically getting into a Spiritual argument, which I will not do.  But since OTHERS have wondered what's going on, I'm going to say it once, you all can reply as you wish, so here it is:

As for not liking the mixing of the sacred and the secular, you are going against the Word of God as found in Matthew 5:13, which reads: "Ye are the salt of the earth".  Know what that means?  Guys and gals like me that are unashamed of our faith in Jesus need to get in your stuff.  That is why I made the video.  Get the Gospel into the eyes and ears of those that might never see it again, ever, otherwise.  You all may never listen to a preacher on the radio or television or step foot inside of a Gospel preaching Church, but guess what?  If you watched the video you can never say you were not presented with a shot of the Gospel that would point out your need for Salvation.  And besides...

Luke 5:31 reads "And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick."

What better way to get the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in a nutshell, to a group of unsaved individuals than to use the mechanism of them partaking of the idols that they do love (in this case The Three Stooges)?  Many of you can probably name more of the Joe Besser shorts than you can books of the Bible.  And even though I can name them all of Joe's shorts, that is going to mean absolutely nothing on the day that I stand before God and He judges me on whether I am a sinner or a sinner saved by the work that Jesus Christ did on the cross at Calvary.  And that applies to your lives as well.

Isaiah 55:11 reads "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it".

I have included the Word of God in a Three Stooges video.  No matter what vehicle carries it, it is still the Word of God...even if it is presented in a Three Stooges video.  IT WILL PROSPER.  Realize that none of you are actually upset at me, but rather at the fact that the Word of God that you probably try to keep out of your life like the plaugue so that you can live any old way that you want to has come into your lives in a way that would never have happened otherwise (which is the precise reason that I made the video).

John 12:47-48 reads "And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day".

If you reject these Words and the work of the Holy Spirit in your life to draw you to Christ, you can never say "NOBODY TOLD ME THAT I WAS A SINNER AND NEEDED SAVED"!  Scott has told you in the video and Scott is telling you now.  Keep in mind I have been exactly where each of you is right now in your lives, and I am now where I am in my life with Jesus as my Saviour and Lord and I can tell you: THIS IS WAY BETTER, FOLKS!

Finally, 1 Corinthians 1:27 reads "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise..."

Approximately 30 people in our Church have seen the video.  None of them were offended in the least.  Why?  BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE MESSAGE CONTAINED IN THE VIDEO AND ARE SEEING IT FROM THE OTHER SIDE!

Friends, if you are angry at this video, you are angry at God and His Word and His Son, Jesus...and not me.  And that could cost you eternally.  It is truly my sincere prayer that it doesn't...

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Personally, I thought your video was tasteless, but no, I'm not angry at God over it (unless He claims direct responsibility for it, which I rather doubt will happen.)

I am always suspicious of anyone claiming that they know what God is planning and "proves" it by quoting single sentences from the Bible out of context.  One can prove damned near anything they want by doing that, as pro-Nazi "Christians" demonstrated in Germany in the 1930's and 40's and neo-con mass murderers do today.  It's been my personal experience that most people calling themselves "Christian" and claiming to "spread the Gospel" are generally clueless about the principles that are actually taught by the stories in the Bible, so much so that I often suspect that Christians as a whole don't bother to read the book - they just pick out the parts they like and fit into their prejudices.

If you are curious about a different "take" on Christianity, here are three sites for you to read through and think about:

Jesus Is An Anarchist
Harmless as Doves
His Holy Church

Skeeb Wilcox

Quote from: Dunrobin
...(unless He claims direct responsibility for it, which I rather doubt will happen.)

How do you think the idea for the video came about in the first place?  It was HIS idea, I was the instrument He used, and YOU are one of the ones it was meant for.  And if you will examine your all's reaction to this video you will notice similarities to how the Scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees all reacted to the ministry of Jesus in His days on Earth.

My scripture quotations are not out of context...they say what they mean and mean what they say all by themselves.  I could do a lot better job of convincing you of my points if I DID decide to take things out of context.

As for other "takes" on Christianity, there are none. John 14:6 reads "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Acts 1:8 says that "...ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

See what that says? I've got the Power to be a witness for Jesus "unto the uttermost parts of the earth". And you know what? That includes www.threestooges.net.  This is one of the places I am called to be a witness....to each of you on here.  I am not interested in arguing.  I am interested in seeing each of you that have not already come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ doing so.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to pray right now for you...

Dear Heavenly Father:

I thank you and praise You for this day today.  It is a day where I get to speak on Your behalf to these that do not know you as their Saviour and Lord.  May they see through Your Word and by the conviction of the Holy Ghost on their lives that they are sinners and that the only way for their past wrongs to be righted is acknowledging You as God and accepting the completed work for redemption that Your Son, Jesus, accomplished on the Cross.

May each and every one that reads this come to know that there is a better life for them, and that life only lies in accepting Jesus as Saviour.  Nothing they can do on their own can get them saved.  They cannot buy it, earn it, work for it, inherit it, or "ride someone else's coattails" into Heaven.  It has to come through You and You only.

For every one on here that is going through a bad relationship...be it with a wife, husband, mother, father, child, other relative or friend...may they see that You have the answers that they are needing, along with the mercy, grace, and understanding to heal those relationships.

Lord, should anyone on here be suffering right now through a physical disease, may they come to know You as the Healer that You are.  May they see that You made healing available over 2000 years ago for every physical infirmity that their doctors haven't been able to fix in all of the offices and hospitals that they have visited.  All they need to do is acknowledge Jesus as Saviour and You as their healer and believe that that healing is for them.

If anyone reading this is in financial difficulty, may they come to know You as their provider.  Let them know that a covenant with You is a covenant of provision, keeping, protection, and safety.  May they see that most of the money that they have given up in trying to "make their lives better" was needlessly spent.  I pray that they come to know You as their "source" for a life that they can never buy or achieve on their own.

And Lord, I ask that those on this board whom You have been trying to get their attention over the past year or so come to finally realize through this post/prayer that YOU ARE SERIOUS.  May this prayer be the "final straw" in their lives and they come to the conclusion that all they need to do is say "yes, God.  I am a sinner and I believe that Your Son, Jesus, died to forgive me and save me at this minute in time".  I pray this to you all because I know it.  God has been dealing through the Holy Ghost into some of your lives for over 12 months now.  Everywhere you look or in everything you hear is a word or a sight that brings your mind to the fact that you are a sinner and that God is drawing you to Him.

May all realize that "today is the day of salvation" and none of us are guaranteed our next breath. 

Thank you for every life this is on this board.  Bless them and keep them and let them know that You loved them so much that You sent Your only Son, Jesus, to die so that they might have life and have it more abundantly!  You're right there for them THIS DAY, THIS HOUR, THIS MINUTE! May they not reject You again and may I have many new brothers and sisters in Christ!

AMEN!"

Now that, Dunrobin, was not out of context, my friend!
 You can do your preaching on your own web site, not mine.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:56:07 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I've got the Power to be a witness for Jesus "unto the uttermost parts of the earth". And you know what? That includes www.threestooges.net.

And now you don't have the power to "witness" on this site.  I was going to cut you some slack, but not after that line.   >:D

Offline Justin T

Oh my....

I'm a Christian myself, but I really don't like it when I see people like that who get all holier than thou, super preachy
Bible Thumping soapbox like that. That kind of stuff doesn't turn people to God, it turns them away and just pisses
people off in general.

It's people like him that make other Christians, like myself, look bad.

"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

Well well. Looks like newbies still cause problems even when I don't get involved in the thread. So, I guess it's not me then. When will these people learn? ;D

Offline JazzBill

Holy shit!  Where'd this guy come from ?  This guy was doing some serious Bible thumping. I love it when these guy's start going door to door. You ought to to see how fast they can run with 75 pound Boxer chasing them down the street.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Oh my....

I'm a Christian myself, but I really don't like it when I see people like that who get all holier than thou, super preachy
Bible Thumping soapbox like that. That kind of stuff doesn't turn people to God, it turns them away and just pisses
people off in general.

It's people like him that make other Christians, like myself, look bad.

Exactly, Justin.  I know one guy (one of my brother's former bosses) who is a deacon in his church, yet he would regularly state his belief that the U.S. government should just "nuke Iraq and turn it into a sea of glass."  Some "Christian"!   ::)

Frankly, I don't consider that sort of narrow, juvenile hullabaloo to be Christianity.  I suspect that Skeeb got most of his religious "training" from televangelists, who are some of the sorriest excuses for "Christians" around.

I am more than willing to have a rational discourse about Christianity, but it was obvious to me that Skeeb wasn't interested in that and I'm not interested in someone who just wants to preach in my face.