Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

C3 teams w/ FFMI to create "new" Stooges short

Offline falsealarms

Way to go C3.

See the disaster here: http://www.ffmi.com/ngen/ovx.php?asset_id=46

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - May 21, 2008) - Famous Frames Mobile Interactive (www.FFMI.com), a first-wave "new media" company that produces, acquires and distributes original graphic content of all kinds, beta launches its model digital studio today, it was announced by Mark C. Miller, CEO.

The public can now view for free at www.FFMI.com the first "mobisodes" of five new animated series including "The Three Stooges." Based on an exclusive deal with C3 Entertainment that brings back the legendary American icons for their first appearance in 50 years, the series' first mobisode "The Grate Debate" has Moe, Larry and Curly running for President.

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=859206&sourceType=1

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
That was bad...very, very bad.

Apparently, people STILL haven't learned that you cannot bring great shows from the past into the present without adding "suckage" to it.

Twilight Zone is one example.  Three Stooges is the next.

That short clip made me want to stab my eyes, and it wasn't even 20 seconds of actual footage with the Stooges in it!  If it was any longer, damage would have been done to either myself or the computer.   >:D
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

ThumpTheShoes

I shall go to bed, now, and pretend I have never seen that.

I shall also hope against hope that I shall be able to sleep after viewing such a travesty!

Nevermind the Undead Revolution.. Famous Frames is Farblondzhet!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Instead of a press release, they should issue an apology.

Way to go C3.

See the disaster here: http://www.ffmi.com/ngen/ovx.php?asset_id=46

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - May 21, 2008) - Famous Frames Mobile Interactive (www.FFMI.com), a first-wave "new media" company that produces, acquires and distributes original graphic content of all kinds, beta launches its model digital studio today, it was announced by Mark C. Miller, CEO.

The public can now view for free at www.FFMI.com the first "mobisodes" of five new animated series including "The Three Stooges." Based on an exclusive deal with C3 Entertainment that brings back the legendary American icons for their first appearance in 50 years, the series' first mobisode "The Grate Debate" has Moe, Larry and Curly running for President.

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=859206&sourceType=1

Offline curlysdame

Wow.  Yeah, just... wow.  What was with Curly and Larry fighting over a blow up doll?  And that pic of Curly in the buff?  ???  ???  Hey C3, instead of churning out crap like this, why don't you take your obvious spare time and come up with some better moichandise?

Instead of a press release, they should issue an apology.

Here here.  'Took the words right outta my mouth.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It makes me glad I don't own a cell phone.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline curlysdame

Damn, you dont?...
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I don't either. My house is made from cement block. No signals here!

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline curlysdame

Damn.  My cell is my lifeline; I couldn't go anywhere without it.  Don't get me wrong though... I'm not one of those girls you see that's on the phone 24/7 talking about nothing.  It almost doubles as my daytimer.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Same here - I don't have a cell phone.  I used to have a "prepaid" phone, but the only reason that I ever carried one is that I live 20 miles out in the countryside, and I liked the idea of being able to call for help if my car breaks down without having to hike five or six miles to find a pay phone.  I never used it, though, and I resented having to keep throwing money on it to keep it active, so I got rid of it and just take my chances.

Offline metaldams

I too do not own a cell phone, and probably never will unless if I have a wife and kids or a job that requires a cell phone.  Maybe I'm an outdated curmudgeon, but I don't like being accessible everywhere I go.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

I just started using a cell about a year ago. It's a Nextel supplied from my work. I use the walkie talkie part (paid for by the company) to communicate with dispatch and other drivers. For $12.00 a month (out of my pocket) I get to hook up the phone. I figure, what the hell, I can't go wrong at that price. The funny part is that even though I'm allowed 400 minutes a month, the most I've ever used is 23 minutes. I'm not all that happy about having the phone hooked up . Like metaldams said, I don't like being accessible all the time. Most of the calls I receive are from people looking for a handout or an argument.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

Lucky you! I hate cell phones. I bought one four years ago and have regretted it ever since. I hardly ever turn the damn thing on anymore. People just bother me. Sometimes I just feel like throwing it away.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I don't either. My house is made from cement block. No signals here!

Me three! My head is made from cement block. No signals there!

Offline locoboymakesgood

I want the last 2 minutes of my life back.

And I don't have a cell phone either.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline curlysdame

Well, to each his own, I guess.  Anyway...  [focus] C3 needs to be slapped for coming up with that 'new short.'  And I gotta say, before I found out about the fantastic Journal that Gary and his staff puts together, I used to get what C3 calls a 'newletter' (what can I say, I was new to stoogedom). And it's basically a reformatted version of the C3 website (all the same articles, etc), aka a waste of money.

"What did the five fingers say to the face?  'SLAP!'" - Dave Chappelle

Offline benjilbum

Moe's voice sounds like one of the Kennedy's. What's with that? Curly's voice is so-so. Larry's is good. Sounds like Billy West. But it would have been better not to do it at all. Just exploiting the boys memory to make a buck. If they ever do a new "Stooge" movie, I have a feeling it wont be so hot.

Offline curlysdame

If they ever do a new "Stooge" movie, I have a feeling it wont be so hot.

I'm sure it wouldn't be.  The Farrelly Brothers have been talking about doing a Stooges movie since 2003, and nothing has come of it... so far (thank god).  I heard they wanted to set it in present day.   :(  Jeez, leave well enough alone and leave the Stooges in their era.   

Offline Hammond Eggar

I love reading everyone's responses.  They're right-on-the-money, and funnier than anything in that pointless cartoon. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Senorita Rita

God. That made me cringe uncontrollably.
...to say the least, if not less...

Mattie Herring

What a dumb plot.  Usually, the Stooges try to get not-so-high-paying jobs, not run for president. 

Elizabeth

Offline FineBari3

God. That made me cringe uncontrollably.

LOL...It made me retch uncontrollably!   [yuck]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Darkhoarse820

Wow.  Yeah, just... wow.  What was with Curly and Larry fighting over a blow up doll?  And that pic of Curly in the buff?  ???  ???

I didn't even make it that far.  Boy, have you got patience for the totally absurd...