Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stoogeum gets a plug.

Guest · 17 · 3932

Offline JazzBill

I was watching Stooge A Palooza on TV tonight and Rich Koz showed an article that someone had sent him on the Stoogeum. Stooge A Palooza is a Three Stooges program that comes on every Saturday night from 7 to 9 o'clock, on WCIU in Chicago. They show 5 shorts in the 2 hour slot. No commercials in the middle of the shorts I am happy to say.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Let's see ... suppose an average short running time of 17.5 minutes. Multiply that by 5 and that makes 87.5 minutes, and let's round up to 90 minutes for good measure.Two hours equals 120 minutes, so that leaves 30 minutes left over for commercials and what-not (host banter for example). That means that 25% of the two hour time slot is used NOT viewing Stooge episodes. If I were a Chicago area resident, I'd probably be a religious viewer, but I would try to detect a pattern in the presentation of eps that might allow me to put that 25% of two hours to better use other than viewing commercials (like drinking beer or waxing the rhubarb).

I've got two agendas before dying ... visiting the Stogeum and also that Larry Fine thing. (A huge mural in some downtown area, or maybe even an exhibit - it was a thread topic many moons ago).
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline FineBari3

Let's see ... suppose an average short running time of 17.5 minutes. Multiply that by 5 and that makes 87.5 minutes, and let's round up to 90 minutes for good measure.Two hours equals 120 minutes, so that leaves 30 minutes left over for commercials and what-not (host banter for example). That means that 25% of the two hour time slot is used NOT viewing Stooge episodes. If I were a Chicago area resident, I'd probably be a religious viewer, but I would try to detect a pattern in the presentation of eps that might allow me to put that 25% of two hours to better use other than viewing commercials (like drinking beer or waxing the rhubarb).

Owwwwww! Too much math!   [faint]

BTW, love the vernacular of waxing the rhubarb. Never heard that one before!

I've got two agendas before dying ... visiting the Stogeum and also that Larry Fine thing. (A huge mural in some downtown area, or maybe even an exhibit - it was a thread topic many moons ago).

That is Jon's Bar, which is located in the house that Larry was born in! Yeah, man....you have to get there as well as the Stoogeum!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline JazzBill

Spike was showing 2 shorts in an hour. So that would come out to 4 shorts in 2 hours. So we get an extra short in the 2 hour span.  Like you said , there is some host banter, but they put the commercials in between the films not in the middle of them.  I couldn't agree with FineBari3 more, you have to go to Philly. I took some pictures of the outside of Jon's Bar, but I don't know how to post them.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
That is Jon's Bar, which is located in the house that Larry was born in! Yeah, man....you have to get there as well as the Stoogeum!

Yeah ... for some reason I always watch what Larry is doing while Moe and Curly/Shemp/etc go at it. He is the quintessential middle banana. And he never developed any black spots either!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I took some pictures of the outside of Jon's Bar, but I don't know how to post them.

When you click on "reply" in the topic thread, below the big box for your reply, do you see at the bottom a box for posting attachments? In bold letters it should say "Attach:" with a "browse" button for finding the pictures you want to post ... and below that the types of files that are allowed to be posted. I've experienced a few threads where the "attach" function was disabled, so be not down if you don't see it.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
snips... (waxing the rhubarb) ...snips

I've never seen anyone waxing their rhubarb. I usually see it used unwaxed. Seems like it would be better in pies.  [pie]

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline FineBari3

Trying to upload a picture of Jon's bar.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I took some pictures of the outside of Jon's Bar, but I don't know how to post them.

When you are posting a topic or a reply to a topic, you should be a text box labeled Attach:, with a "Browse..." button to the right.  (See 1st attachment, below.)  If you click on the "Browse..." button, it will open up a file dialog where you can navigate to the file you want to attach.  (See 2nd attachment, below.)  If you want to attach more than one file, click on the "(more attachments)" link to the right of the "Browse..." button.  (See 3rd attachment, below.)

When you Post your topic or reply, any files that you have attached will be uploaded from your computer to the ThreeStooges.net server, and they will appear with your post.

You can attach up to 6 files to a post, but each file must be no bigger than 8192 Kb (8 Mb.)  If yout file is bigger than that you will have to resize it before you can attach it.  You can attach most image and audio file types, as well as spreadsheets, text files and PDF files.

Offline JazzBill

I'm not getting the line that say's Attach and Browse. Everything is blank under "Don't use smileys". Maybe it has something to do with my security settings. I hear I'm not the only one with this problem.

Offline curlysdame

I'm not getting the line that say's Attach and Browse. Everything is blank under "Don't use smileys". Maybe it has something to do with my security settings. I hear I'm not the only one with this problem.

You're definitely not the only one.  I'm still unable to attach stuff...

Also, I don't know if anyone here has seen this, but I found this clip on youtube that I just had to post.

[youtube=425,350] <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

You're definitely not the only one.  I'm still unable to attach stuff...

Thanks for letting me know that, guys.  That was enough info to allow me to track down the problem, which was a permissions settings for the board.  Only Porcupines (brand new members) aren't allowed to add attachments; Grapeheads and above are supposed to be able to do so.  The problem should be fixed now.

Offline curlysdame

Sweeet!  Thanks Dunrobin!   ;D
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline JazzBill

Oh boy, Let me try this !

Offline curlysdame

My turn.... here's a pic of yours truly at the sat. night dinner at the Stooges Meeting.  The other one is something I saw during my layover at the ATL airport on my way home that Sunday.  'Thought it was an ironic end to my weekend.   :P

Offline JazzBill

My turn.... here's a pic of yours truly at the sat. night dinner at the Stooges Meeting.  The other one is something I saw during my layover at the ATL airport on my way home that Sunday.  'Thought it was an ironic end to my weekend.   :P
Thats a nice picture of you with Joan and her friend. Was that at the banquet ?
I have seen that clip you posted. I don't remember if it was posted here or I saw it at the Stoogeum. But it was nice to see it again. I thought it was very well done.

Offline curlysdame

Yep, that was at the banquet.  That's Joan's boyfriend, Jack.  He's a good guy...