Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges on iTunes

Guest · 10 · 4827

stooged and confused

Well, iTunes is showing that they've added The Three Stooges Collection 1934-1936, but when you preview a title, it shows that awful syndication package with those cheesy wraparound segments. What The Eff!

stooged and confused

This iTunes thing is rather frustrating. Here was a perfect opportunity to get a new generation exposed to the Stooges. The artwork used on iTunes is from The Three Stooges Collection 1934-1936, but the package is the syndicated versions with annoying wraparounds and inferior prints. Why on earth didn't Sony issue the DVD prints to iTunes and have another sales outlet for the shorts?

Instead, a new generation gets turned off by an inferior introduction. Yet another blunder in the packaging of the Boys. A great opportunity missed.

Offline falsealarms

This iTunes thing is rather frustrating. Here was a perfect opportunity to get a new generation exposed to the Stooges. The artwork used on iTunes is from The Three Stooges Collection 1934-1936, but the package is the syndicated versions with annoying wraparounds and inferior prints. Why on earth didn't Sony issue the DVD prints to iTunes and have another sales outlet for the shorts?

Instead, a new generation gets turned off by an inferior introduction. Yet another blunder in the packaging of the Boys. A great opportunity missed.

They probably think the younger crowd will find those wraparounds funny/cute. If they had any clue as to what they're doing, they'd realize otherwise.

Offline Larry Larry

Sony continues to not only drop the ball, but kick it around and around with their feet.

Why in the ^&*#(@!_@# would they spend all that money remastering the shorts and then release the poor quality, chopped up syndication versions? 

Does anyone from Sony have a damn clue? 

Just when you think they couldn't be any stupider, they top themselves.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

stooged and confused

The WORST thing about this iTunes addition is, they use the new DVD set artwork; they use the same 19 titles in the set; they mention in the description that all shorts are remastered, but, in fact, it's NOT the DVD set material being offered.

When new consumers view this, confusion will most certainly surface and an uniformed potential consumer will pass on the new sets thinking they are getting poor prints (with wraparounds) and resulting in less sales of these wonderful chronological volumes.

In short, it's false advertising and if I were Sony, I'd have iTunes change this ASAP with the correct material being spotlighted.

Offline metaldams

In short, it's false advertising and if I were Sony, I'd have iTunes change this ASAP with the correct material being spotlighted.

Actually, they say on the decription page that these are a half-hour long, have wraparounds and trivia questions, so the advertising isn't false.  The choice of putting the syndicated versions, on the other hand, is not a good choice, but I'm sure there's a legal reason for it.  Keep in mind you can't download The Beatles, 60's Kinks, Ozzy era Black Sabbath, and AC/DC, amongst other things, on itunes either.

That said, I completely embrace this new technology.  For once, you don't have to replace your CD's and DVD's beause you can simply download them into the computer, so there's none of the "I have to buy it over again" problem, and it also saves so much space around the house.
- Doug Sarnecky

stooged and confused

Go back and look again. When you click on the thumbnail Three Stooges Collection, it takes you to the 19 shorts and the description on the upper right portion of the screen states "digitally remastered" using The Three Stooges Collection title and graphics. It does say 30 minutes episodes (actually 21 minutes with the wraparounds added, so that's incorrect as well).

My point is they should not call it by the DVD title and artwork as the product being offered and what's being displayed are two entirely different things. We sure don't need anything else out there to prohibit sales of the new sets, so they will see this until the end of the series.

Offline archiezappa

It's a crying shame that they would make a mistake like that.  They need to get that corrected very soon! >:(

stooged and confused

I made my Sony contact aware of the DVD set collection description and artwork being misleading regarding the iTunes Stooges shorts being sold on that site.

She was forwarding my comments, and the link to the article that was placed in a previous post, to the proper department. They will look into it.

My main point to them was by advertising this download (syndicated) package as the DVD Three Stooges Collection 1934-1936 set will only HURT the sales of that, as well as upcoming sets.

Here is a copy of the email that was sent to my Sony contact:

Here's an article that may interest you regarding the misleading advertising regarding the Stooges on iTunes. It displays the Volume one artwork and short titles, but, in fact, is the syndicated package with cheesy wraparound/commercial parodies and inferior prints. The article will follow below.

Someone there in your organization may want to change the availability to the new set quality films for purchase or not allow the "collection" artwork to be used. There is a possibility that uninformed fans may stay away from buying the new sets if they think the syndicated package is what's really on the DVDs. Judging from the iTune reviews by those that submitted them, they despise the syndicated versions. I'd hate to see you lose out on sales of these new sets. It appears those that are complaining about the iTunes presentation are NOT aware of the new sets.

Offline rerunmedia

Hi, everyone--

Well, it's not iTunes, but for a mere $1.99, you can see what it would have looked like to see the Stooges live on the movie set....  "Disorder in the Court" has now been restored using the LiveFeed Video Imaging process, and as usual, the results are astounding--  It looks like the short was shot on videotape, not film!!

If you're curious, the downloadable iPod version is located at:

http://www.hungryflix.com/view_media_movie.php?mid=844