Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Late Night at The Game Show Network

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I was watching an episode of "Body Language" hosted by Tom Kennedy and the young girl guessed all five clues from her celebrity guest's antics .... the girl, for that feat won ... (are you ready) A COMPUTER! Her very own Commodore 64. Now guess what year the show broadcast!
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I'm going to guess that it must have been in the early 80's - 1982 or '83?

Offline FineBari3

I was watching an episode of "Body Language" hosted by Tom Kennedy and the young girl guessed all five clues from her celebrity guest's antics .... the girl, for that feat won ... (are you ready) A COMPUTER! Her very own Commodore 64. Now guess what year the show broadcast!

I remember when the Game Show Network usedt to show really old stuff, from the 60s and 70s. I loved the prizes and how much they cost! Let's Make a Deal was usually great to watch, as you had the living room deal stuffed with cool things like 8-Track players, red and orange shag carpeting, a huge console TV, etc....Burnt orange appliances...electric fireplaces!

YUK!   [yuck]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
LOL!  You've got to admire the sheer amount of bad taste in the 60's and 70's.  If you didn't like the burnt orange color schemes, you could always go with avocado green!   ::)

Offline metaldams

Being born in '78, baby pictures of me usually consist of people holding me while sitting on velvety red furniture.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
http://www.lileks.com/institute/interiors/index.html

Click "Next" for 9 other hideous examples.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I knew there was a reason why I'm always trying to forget about the late-60's and 70's!  Thanks for the reminder of just how tacky and tasteless those years were! 
 [hippy]  [flower]  [color]

Offline FineBari3

http://www.lileks.com/institute/interiors/index.html

Click "Next" for 9 other hideous examples.

James

OH BROTHER!!!!! Fantastic.....

Thank God I was born in 1970, so I can remember this stuff, but look back on it and laugh, because I wasn't trying to be hip then. My poor brother, who is 10 years older than me, actually went to the prom in a powder blue velvet tux and there are pictures to prove it!

My favorite quote from that web page:
"I don’t know what the hell this is – Jaundice McFrog, the pencil holder. At least it's yellow."
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson