Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge Goofs and Routines.

triso · 12 · 3280

Offline triso

Here are some "stooge goofs" that I have noticed:

Ants in the Pantry: Moe and Curly hide under bed head-first but they are feet first in the next shot.

Higher than a Kite: The bomber starts out as a British plane but it switches to an American plane when dropping bombs.

Here are some titles that can be added to certain "stooge routines:"

Reminds me of the reform school: Ants in the Pantry.

Water seltzer fight: Three Little Pigskins.
What does feedin' the lions got ta do wit' us?  Hmmph!

Offline Honey Bear

Stooge Goofs and Technical Blunders

Here are some "goofs" that I've noticed.
(Not that I'm a spelling maven but is "Bunders" purposely misspelled on the Episode pages?  ;))

I'm A Monkey's Uncle:

In reference to the scene when Moe is talking in his sleep to Shemp:
The scene starts with showing both Moe and Shemp, Moe's right arm is at his side. When the close up of Shemp is shown, Moe's right arm can be seen behind Shemp's head. When the shot goes back to showing both Moe and Shemp, Moe's right arm is suddenly again at his side.

Mutts to You:

The scene after Moe, Larry, and Curly with the baby, duck into the Chinese Laundry; there's the footage with the Dalmatian running with the Manning car in hot pursuit. In the background on the left side, there's a stray dog looking at a tree. The stray notices the commotion on the street and it begins to run alongside the procession.

Back to the Front:

In reference to the Stooge goof about the "bad" kiss:
It looks to me that Curly pecks his girl on the cheek, Larry gives his girl a dainty peck on the lips but Moe smooches his girl. After the kiss, the actress playing Moe's girlfriend looks surprised as she covers her mouth. It's hard to see but it looks like after that kiss, Moe has some of the actress' lipstick on his lips. "Moe's girlfriend" then turns to the actress playing Larry's girlfriend and points to her own ["Moe's girlfriend"] lips. It's hard to tell if the actress is inquiring about the condition of her lipstick being smudged, slobber on her lips and/or points out the fact that Moe really kissed her. As the other "girlfriends" enjoy the Stooges gleeful gig, "Moe's girlfriend" seems mostly concerned with dealing with her supposedly smudged lipstick.
The future ain't what it used to be. -- Yogi Berra (1925 - )

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

(Not that I'm a spelling maven but is "Bunders" purposely misspelled on the Episode pages?  ;))

[rotflmao]  No, that wasn't on purpose - it was just my typo - but it's still pretty amusing.  The really funny thing is that it must have been like that since the site was relaunched last fall, and no one has apparently noticed until now.  (It's fixed now.)  ;)

Pilsner Panther

[rotflmao]  No, that wasn't on purpose - it was just my typo - but it's still pretty amusing.  The really funny thing is that it must have been like that since the site was relaunched last fall, and no one has apparently noticed until now.  (It's fixed now.)  ;)

Even I didn't catch that one, Rob... I guess I've got enough to do, keeping track of my own "bunders."

Since I'm a terrible, two-fingered typist, what I do when I'm composing a long, rambling screed (like the historical notes for the Picks), is write it in MS Word, spell-check it, and then copy and paste it into the text field here. Seems to work...

;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

StoogeHube

How many times were

"I can't see! I can't see!"
"Why?"
"I got my eyes closed!"

and

"We're trapped like rats!"

used in numerous shorts?

Just two off the top of my head....

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
How many times were

"I can't see! I can't see!"
"Why?"
"I got my eyes closed!"

and

"We're trapped like rats!"

used in numerous shorts?

Just two off the top of my head....

If you had looked at the Stooge Routines page (under Stooge Info on the site menu, at the top of every page), you would know that both of those routines were each used 6 different times.

I know that you don't like it when people get testy, StoogeHube, but I get a little annoyed when people can't be bothered to look for information before asking questions.  The Team Stooge members have poured a lot of effort to build up a ton of info on this site over the years; it would be nice if others put in a little effort to use it.

xraffle

I know that you don't like it when people get testy, StoogeHube, but I get a little annoyed when people can't be bothered to look for information before asking questions.  The Team Stooge members have poured a lot of effort to build up a ton of info on this site over the years; it would be nice if others put in a little effort to use it.

I noticed that too. That is why I made that little comment on that other thread. All the questions he's asked can easily be looked up on this site.

StoogeHube

You people astound me. I was asking this rhetorically about all Stooges shorts in general.  You chide me for not doing "research;" hell, I've perused this site on and off checking various things out and found just about everything I needed. Cripes, a simple point in the right direction would have sufficed. I mean, what the f*** are message boards for if you don't want discussions?

You people could learn a lot about manners. I admin. a couple message boards where numerous newbies come in and ask what many consider "old" questions. We're never rude and point them in the appropriate direction for answers.

"All the questions" xraffle? I asked about ONE specific instance before this rhetorical one. And, I searched for over half an hour trying to find out the name of the "Brighto" short. How can I search effectively if I don't know the name of the short? How is me asking the short's name "being annoying?? Get a f***ing grip. And a life, while you're at it.

Seems I was right about this being a haven for "arrogant fanboys." Screw all of you. I'm outta here.
 Attitude.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 08:39:49 AM by StoogeHube »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
You people astound me. I was asking this rhetorically about all Stooges shorts in general.  You chide me for not doing "research;" hell, I've perused this site on and off checking various things out and found just about everything I needed. Cripes, a simple point in the right direction would have sufficed. I mean, what the f*** are message boards for if you don't want discussions?

You people could learn a lot about manners. I admin. a couple message boards where numerous newbies come in and ask what many consider "old" questions. We're never rude and point them in the appropriate direction for answers.

"All the questions" xraffle? I asked about ONE specific instance before this rhetorical one. And, I searched for over half an hour trying to find out the name of the "Brighto" short. How can I search effectively if I don't know the name of the short? How is me asking the short's name "being annoying?? Get a f***ing grip. And a life, while you're at it.

Seems I was right about this being a haven for "arrogant fanboys." Screw all of you. I'm outta here.

First of all, there was nothing "rhetorical" about your question.  You asked a very specific question which you could have answered for yourself if you made any effort at all.

You searched for over half an hour trying to find the name of the Brighto short?  Ever think of using the Search box at the top of the message board pages?  If you had simply typed Brighto in the search box and hit Enter, you would have found the answer immediately, as others have asked that question before.  In fact, there's an entire board called "Questions and Answers", visible from the message board home page:
>Questions and Answers
Do you have a question about something in a Stooges short, or something about the lives and careers of the Stooges, or even about how something on this site works? Ask it here!
Child Boards: Read These First (FAQ)
Frankly, you are the one who has been arrogant and rude, just because others expect you to do a little thinking on your own.  Frankly, we can do without you posting here, so while I'm not going to ban you from visiting the site, I am going to end your posting privileges.  If you ever decide to grow up and behave like a civilized human being, send me an email and I'll reconsider.

xraffle

Wow! He takes things way too personally. I don't understand. He acts like I'm attacking him. He really needs to grow up.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Wow! He takes things way too personally. I don't understand. He acts like I'm attacking him. He really needs to grow up.
Sadly, his profile claims that he is 40, which means that if he hasn't grown up by now, he probably never will.   ::)

Arrogant, self-righteous, hypersensitive and lazy - I'll bet he votes, too!

Pilsner Panther

Arrogant, self-righteous, hypersensitive and lazy - I'll bet he votes, too!

No, you've got it wrong, Rob. If he's like that, he's not a voter, he's a politician!

;)