Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Check out the Stooges item I found on Ebay

Offline Hammond Eggar

I was browsing Ebay this weekend, looking for various Stooges items, and came across this little rare gem.  Most of us have, at the least, read about the Happy Birthday records recorded by Moe, Larry and Curly-Joe.  Well, on Ebay, someone is selling a rare promo poster advertising the very record.  This is the first time I've ever seen any promotional items for any of the Stooges records or LPs.  I thought most of you would fnd this interesting.  This brings up a good question, though.  How were the Stooges albums promoted?  How much of the promo material actually survived, and what is the monetary value of these items in good condition? 

While browsing the page, I enlarged the picture of the poster.  One the left side is a list of boys names available for purchase, while a list of girls names is on the right side.  What struck me as odd and funny, is the list for OTHERS found under the boys list.  Others!?! ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Three-Stooges-Happy-Birthday-Record-Store-Sign_W0QQitemZ350045578566QQihZ022QQcategoryZ20921QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247#ebayphotohosting
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

stooged and confused

Actually, Hammond, these promo posters for the Happy Birthday disc are fairly common. A "warehouse find" has taken it off the rare list. The supply now far outweighs the demand. Many were discovered recently, so their value has declined from a collector's standpoint, but they are still cool nonetheless.

They show up on ebay quite frequently these days.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
By "Others" I assume they mean nicknames, like Sweetie, Honey, Puddinhead, etc.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!