Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp Howard in "Society Mugs"

Offline Hammond Eggar

This is the Shemp Howard solo Columbia short Society Mugs.  There has been much speculation through the years as to what the Stooges would have been like had Shemp never left the act.  Well, here's one indication.  This short is a remake of the Stooges short Termites of 1938.  It's interesting to see Shemp performing many of his brother Curly's lines and gags.  Original or not, it's still fun to see Shemp in one of his solo films.  It's also great to see some of our favorite supporting players. Enjoy! ;D

Society Mugs - Part 1
[youtube=425,350]v96M26sPZpc[/youtube]

Society Mugs - Part 2
[youtube=425,350]8_a6I1e2Yt0[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline metaldams

I have to admit to not being drawn in to the Shemp Cocktail DVD, but if Sony were to release a package of Shemp's solo sorts the way they did Buster Keaton's, I'm so there.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I have to admit to not being drawn in to the Shemp Cocktail DVD, but if Sony were to release a package of Shemp's solo sorts the way they did Buster Keaton's, I'm so there.

Sony should put out a dvd set called solo stooges feat. all the solo shorts from shemp joe and curly-joe ... I would be the 1st one in line for that ...