Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

curly N'yuk N'yuk N'yuk !!!

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I been watching a lot of solo work form Shemp , Besser , and Derita this past week on youtube . Do you think curly could of went solo ? and if so what kind of films would he make more of , shorts or movies ?

And yes I know he was in a short with out Moe or Larry when they were at MGM , but that one sucked   [yuck]
but I would of loved to see Moe's solo short that he made at MGM .

[focus]

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I dunno ... it seems to me that Curly had a singular wit, and an inventive style, but he shines when supported by his older brother Moe. Its very true that Curly's n'yuks and shuffles are trademark Stooge items (tank God for dem) and I hardly go through a day without spewing out a few woob-woob-woobs and "Hey Moe!"'s.

I think Curly was perfect where he was and a solo career would have done nothing for him.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline archiezappa

I think that Curly might have eventually tried a solo film.  It would have been interesting.  I thought "Roast Beef And Movies" was okay, but we really don't get to see him solo, since George Givot and Bobby Callahan are playing Moe and Larry, respectively.

I, personally, would like to have seen Larry direct a film.  In fact, I think if the film had Curly starring (solo) and Larry directing and, perhaps, Moe writing a screenplay it would have worked.  Why didn't Columbia think of that?  I guess they didn't want to change things or go out on a limb.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I think that Curly might have eventually tried a solo film.  It would have been interesting.  I thought "Roast Beef And Movies" was okay, but we really don't get to see him solo, since George Givot and Bobby Callahan are playing Moe and Larry, respectively.

I, personally, would like to have seen Larry direct a film.  In fact, I think if the film had Curly starring (solo) and Larry directing and, perhaps, Moe writing a screenplay it would have worked.  Why didn't Columbia think of that?  I guess they didn't want to change things or go out on a limb.

I like that , there is something to thing about .

Offline archiezappa

They should have tried that around 1942-1943 at the height of their career with Curly.  Curly had really come into his own and this was before he got sick.  I know he would have done well with other actors.  In "Myrt and Marge" he did really well playing off of Ted Healy.  They did good as a duo in that movie.  Especially the scene where they're in the restaurant.  Very well done.  I think Curly was more versatile than many people give him credit for.  Remember that he was a natural, according to Larry.  I think he would have done well.