Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp Columbia shorts

Offline locoboymakesgood

What exactly is wrong with the Shemp Cocktail DVD? When I told everyone that I was going to pass on this DVD, people were trying to talk me into getting it. What happened? Is it not as good as you expected?
I never had to buy it. If you notice in one of the threads after it was announced some of the shorts were replaced with Africa Sceams my mind was instantly changed.

Apparently the documentary isn't even accurate - incorrect dates are quoted by his daughter and other things. Overall it's an extremely disappointing set.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline benjilbum

I got my copy of Shemp Cocktail yesterday. I had everything already except Convention Girl, which is interesting, and of course the documentary (about 50 minutes long)  and "Photo Album" on disc 2. For these items alone I feel the set is worth owning. It features the Howard Brothers relatives (all female) who do a good job talking about the memories of Shemp and the boys. They do get a few dates wrong, and some of what they say contradicts what Moe has said and written about, but I can overlook that. The Photo Album is especially nice, and is 10 minutes long. Perfect for posting on You Tube. But I hesitate to do so because it's so new. That would really tick the makers of it off. It's old pictures of Shemp and family narrated by his grand daughter.  Anyway, if you don't have the other items on it, or just what the new stuff, go for it. It's on Amazon and it's pretty cheap too.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (locoboymakesgood):

First of all I would like to appologize to everyone here for making so many posts on this one particular thread.  But I have been in the air about purchasing "Shemp Cocktail."

After hereing more negatives about it than positives I think I will also pass.  Thank you Sir (locoboymakesgood) for helping this seniour citizen (50) make up her final decision.  Again thank you Sir.

Please enjoy the remaining portion of the week you have left and for future reference please enjoy your upcoming weekend.

Very thankfully yours:

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline JazzBill

As I stated earlier on a different thread, the family comments were not very accurate. But I do believe the DVD is still worth the money. As benjilbum said, " Convention Girl "is interesting. I'd like to see the whole thing. I actually liked " Henry The Ache " the best. I had never seen Bert Lahr in anything except " The Wizard Of Oz ".  He was a pretty funny guy.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Sadistic Stooge

If you are looking for more Shemp solo stuff  check out Abbott and Costello Vol 1 from Universal .
You can find it at most best buys or on amazon.com . 2 movies I like to watch off that set with Shemp in it are Buck Privates and In The Navy. He also has a really small part in Hold That Ghost also on that set . One movie that didn't end up on the A&C vol 1  set B/C of copyright laws was It Ain't Hay, and Shemp has a good size role in it . The only way to get a good copy of It Ain't Hay is to go to www.ioffer.com there is a load of other classic movies there as well  So check it out you might find more stooge stuff there .  [3stooges]

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir (Sadistic Stooge):

I am not for sure if you are the correct person who informed me about ioffer.com or not before but you are correct you can and I did and fetched alot of great Shemp material.  Thank you sir for your kind and helpful information.

Enjoy the rest of your week and your upcoming weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Dear Sir (Sadistic Stooge):

I am not for sure if you are the correct person who informed me about ioffer.com or not before but you are correct you can and I did and fetched alot of great Shemp material.  Thank you sir for your kind and helpful information.

Enjoy the rest of your week and your upcoming weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

yep that was me hoped it helped

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Sadistic Stooge):

Again your routing me to ioffer.com was good I have on order 9 things that are Shemp related.  Thank you Sir for your great help and your kindness once again for helping me in alot of ways with Stooges information.

Relax and enjoy your weekend.

Thank You
Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra

Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline benjilbum

Yes I have Dr. Death as well as Space Master X-7, which are both Moe solo efforts. I will also post Convention Girl (excerpts- only the Shemp parts), a rare Shemp dramatic part (in which he commits a murder!!!) as a small-time crook. I will be posting those also this week some time.

Offline benjilbum

I didn't mean for you to infer that I thought all women hated the Stooges, or that all females were dumb. I'm delighted to find a female Stooge fan. I am NOT misogynistic.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

thanks I never got the chance to see Convention Girl or the 2 moe solo work ... [3stooges]

Offline benjilbum

I'm in the process of posting Dr. Death like I promised. Moe's part at least. The movie itself is a shade above Plan 9 From Outer Space quality, but having Moe in it is priceless. He has a small part, but he makes his presence known for sure. He even tries to inject some humor into it. Adios for now.
My You Tube moniker is
benjilbum

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Benjibum):

First of all would like to appologize for bothering you.  But I noticed your post to Sadistic Stooge about putting the Moe Flick Dr. Death on You Tube.  Is there anyplace Sir that you could purchase it?  Because Sir I have been looking for it and my computer does not support You Tube?

Again Sir please forgive me for bothering you.

Bye for now

And in closing please have yourself a great and fun weekend.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline benjilbum

Send me an Email and we can work something out. I'm happy to help a Stooge fan.

lorenzb@comcast.net

Offline Sadistic Stooge

There was a Abbott & Costello PSA on Buy Savings Bonds ,also Shemp had a small part in it . I seen it on youtube like 2yrs ago but cant find it any more on there . Do you know what im talking about ?
I would love to see that one again .

thanks ..