Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

You Natzy Spy

Offline busybuddy

Was You Natzy Spy picked as the episode pick of the day because it's Hitler's birthday, or is it just a coincidence?
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Was You Natzy Spy picked as the episode pick of the day because it's Hitler's birthday, or is it just a coincidence?

LOL!  That is literally sheer coincidence - the "Pick of the Day" is designed to randomly pick episodes from the entire filmography.  Must be kismet!   ;D

(Ironically, it is also the anniversary of my maternal grandfather's birthday.)   ;)

Offline busybuddy

LOL!  That is literally sheer coincidence - the "Pick of the Day" is designed to randomly pick episodes from the entire filmography.  Must be kismet!   ;D

(Ironically, it is also the anniversary of my maternal grandfather's birthday.)   ;)

Also ironically, it's my parent's anniversary.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline Lefty

I always thought the name of this short was "You Nazty Spy," not "You Natzy Spy."  Which one is really correct?  This is like that funny goof on Fred Kohler's listing, "Double Deck Dealer" as his character in "Horses' Collars."

Dog Hambone

You're right, Lefty, it's "You Nazty Spy', apparently a play on the word nasty. A good name for the short, equating Nazis with nastiness, especially being released in 1940, nearly two years before the USA entered the war.

Offline FineBari3

Wow! That's really strange!

Well, it's also 4/20!   [pot]

I can't believe they were actually talking about it on the local rock station WDVE, and having a serious discussion, complete with sound bytes, on what huge stoners the Beatles were!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson