Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Booze Movies looks at Cuckoo on a Choo-Choo (and others)

Offline falsealarms

Booze Movies - Cuckoo on a Choo-Choo review

This site looks at this Stooge short, especially from the drinking angle. As the blogger on there says, "I like to drink. I like to watch movies. I like to watch movies about drinking. I like to write about the movies I’ve watched, but only if I’ve had a drink first."

Pardon My Scotch was previously examined

As was Love at First Bite

Offline Benno123

Thanks for the heads-up on this booze blog!!!  I found it a lot of fun to read about not just the Stooges but other alky movies!!!!!

Offline Hammond Eggar

Thanks for the link.  I read the reviews for several Stooges shorts, among them Pardon My Scotch.  I was pleased to read a mention of Sony's first DVD set.  Any mention is a good mention.  The writer also referenced a few other shorts in which the boys mix drinks.  That said, the author neglected to include Three Sappy People, in which the Stooges mix a drink in a punch bowl at a swanky party.  It was bourbon and rum, to be exact.  Overall, though, I enjoyed the reviews.  I wonder when the site will get around to reviewing the travesty known as Beer Barrel Polecats?  That should be interesting, to say the least, if not less. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline garv

I'd like to thank "falsealarms" for linking to my site.

Hammond, I haven't watched Three Sappy People recently.  Thanks for the reminder.  And, yes, I'll probably have to get around to Beer Barrel Polecats eventually.

For the record, my favorite Stooge shorts are Punchy Cowpunchers and Three Little Pirates.

Cheers,
garv
Read reviews, news, and features from the world of soused cinema at "Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide." http://boozemovies.blogspot.com/

Offline garv

I posted a review of Beer Barrel Polecats (1946) today on "Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide."  If you want to check it out, click on the link below:

Booze Movies Review: BEER BARREL POLECATS (1946)

Cheers,
garv
Read reviews, news, and features from the world of soused cinema at "Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide." http://boozemovies.blogspot.com/

Dog Hambone

The writer also referenced a few other shorts in which the boys mix drinks.  That said, the author neglected to include Three Sappy People, in which the Stooges mix a drink in a punch bowl at a swanky party.  It was bourbon and rum, to be exact.  

Not to change the subject, but didn't they add something like Tabasco, too?

Offline garv

I added the Stooges' instructions for making Panther Pilsner Beer to my "Booze Movies" site:

Cinematic Cocktails: Panther Pilsner Beer

Dog Hambone

I'd like to thank "falsealarms" for linking to my site.

I want to thank falsealarms, too. I really enjoyed the site, garv. I will be back many times. By the way, "The Three Stooges Scrapbook" is in agreement that this was a pretty bad Stooges short.