Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

So... How Old Be Thee?

xraffle

Just read up on some of the posts I missed....  Glad to know I've got some contemporaries, between xraffle, falsealarms, and locoboy    8)

I'm pretty much the exact same age as falsealarms as I'll be 23 this summer also.

I still get carded for booze and cigarettes, so I still feel young enough. ;D

You won't believe it. I still get carded for buying M rated video games. You have to be at least 17 to buy those games. So, if I'm getting carded for buying those games, then it must mean I look younger than 17.

Offline curlysdame

You won't believe it. I still get carded for buying M rated video games. You have to be at least 17 to buy those games. So, if I'm getting carded for buying those games, then it must mean I look younger than 17.

Same here.  I still get carded when I buy dollar scratchers at 7-11.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Double Deal Decker

I turned 53 last August, but as I said in another thread, one is never too old to laugh.  The Stooges have gotten me through some tough days. When I needed a laugh, I just imagined the boys in a scene or two and everything was alright. 

Offline FineBari3

I am 37, and I got carded twice this past summer! YEAHHHH!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
5-O in three weeks. I get carded too... for AARP discounts.

Offline metaldams

I've only been carded once in my life, and I was in my early 20's when it happened. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

I'm 32 years old.  And I've never been carded...ever!  Everyone always thought I was about 10 years older than I am.  That was cool when I was 16-17, but now that I'm 32, people think I'm in my 40's! 

Offline JazzBill

Come on now !! Someone out there has to be older than me. ( 55 )
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Archiez...

Tell people you are 52. Then they will say you look good for your age!  ;D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline metaldams

I'm 32 years old.  And I've never been carded...ever!  Everyone always thought I was about 10 years older than I am.  That was cool when I was 16-17, but now that I'm 32, people think I'm in my 40's! 

Are you sporting any facial hair?  For a few years I had a moustache and goatee, but now I'm baby-faced and people say I look much younger as a result.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Come on now !! Someone out there has to be older than me. ( 55 )

My pops is older than you...by three years.

But in all seriosuness, I LIKE having older members on the board, and I mean no offense to you younger guys.  When I started posting on these boards, I was 21 or 22, and I learned so much about film, music, and pop culture in general from folks older than me.  One of my best friends is 50 (him and I are an interesting site when we hang out at a coffee place swamped with college girls), and my youngest friend is 35, (like I said, I'm 29).  I've had very few friends in my life who were my age or younger, just because my interests were always different.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Are you sporting any facial hair?  For a few years I had a moustache and goatee, but now I'm baby-faced and people say I look much younger as a result.

Yeah, same here. I used to have a mustache, but I hate maintaining facial hair, so I shaved it off. People say I look a lot younger not that I am "baby-faced." Judging from the amount of times I get carded, I'd say I look like a teenager.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Archiezappa):

Just would like to say that this board is a great idea.  I am a newer member of the Stooges World only for 6 years now.  I would like to say so far I am the second oldest member here age 50.  I would also like to say that I appreciate you younger members who have great knowledge of The Stooges and have taught me alot.

Again Sir this is a great site.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra

Moron4392 [3stooges]

Dog Hambone

I'm 29.  I was at a Hooters recently with my brother, my sister-in-law, and a friend.  I was checking out some of the Hooters girls when a sad realization hit me.  "Damn, she's hot, and I'm sure legal, but probably too young to date."  I imagine it only gets worse the older you get.

I'm 56. And a half. What happens when you get older you those same girls start getting young enough to be your daughter!

Offline JazzBill

I'm 56. And a half. What happens when you get older you those same girls start getting young enough to be your daughter!
Thanks Dog, I knew there had to be someone older than me. Pretty soon those girls we used to look at will be young enough to be our GRANDDAUGHTERS.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

Well, there's this beautiful 18 year old girl I know, and my 35 year old friend saw her and was wowed.  Then he said he's about old enough to be her father, and he's only six years older than me.  That put things in perspective, but this is all new to me.

While I don't consider myself old, I've already figured out the worst thing about aging, and that's wishing that you knew then what you know now.  The best thing about aging is actually being wiser.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Senorita Rita

I turned 26 last month, and I've been frequenting various three stooges forums since I was 17. I don't even want to think about how many months (or years?) worth of time I've wasted on these darn internets.

Honestly, I've felt "old" since I turned 20. It's only getting worse now that there are kids born in the early to mid 90's taking over the net.  :o  I still get carded on a regular basis.
...to say the least, if not less...

Offline locoboymakesgood

21 is a nice age. Young enough for the just-turned-legal chicks, and hey I like a good cougar.. usually chicks don't look at dating younger dudes in the same perspective as older dudes dating younger girls, so 18 - 50 is a good age range for me. ;D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Jazz Bill):

I know a little bit of how you feel.  I have two nieces one is twenty-one and the other one is thirty.  I am also starting to feel on the old side.  When you have relatives that old.  50 to me is getting up there.  Never thought I would see the day where I was retiring.  But I am this July.

Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I turned 26 last month, and I've been frequenting various three stooges forums since I was 17. I don't even want to think about how many months (or years?) worth of time I've wasted on these darn internets.

Honestly, I've felt "old" since I turned 20. It's only getting worse now that there are kids born in the early to mid 90's taking over the net.  :o  I still get carded on a regular basis.

In all the years we've been these boards Rita I would have guessed you were in your 30's-40's.

As far as the boards go you, Rob, Doug, Brent and myself are the old-timers (the ones who are still around anyway).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Senorita Rita

^^ Ah, so I do sound like an old fogey.  ;) I guess it has to do with the fact that I've been a lifelong lover of all things old. Oh, and the fact that I had pretty decent English,grammar, and writing teachers in school. These kids today with their "n00b" language and their misuse of the word "your" really want to make me throw my computer out the window.

Congrats to all the folks who've stayed committed to keeping this website afloat. It really is the best Stooge site on the net.
...to say the least, if not less...

xraffle

While I don't consider myself old, I've already figured out the worst thing about aging, and that's wishing that you knew then what you know now.  The best thing about aging is actually being wiser.

I agree. Since I'm young, there's a lot I don't know which is why it's very hard for me to get a woman.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
"When you are 25, and she is 5, you are 5 times older than her.
When you are 30 and she is 10, you are 3 times older than her.
When you are 40 and she is 20, you are twice as old as her" -Lou Costello

"So?" -Bud Abbot

"Pretty soon she will sneak up on you and pass you!" -LC

Hey Diane... Can I meet your nieces before they pass me? I'm a swell guy, honest!  >:D

James

xraffle

"When you are 25, and she is 5, you are 5 times older than her.
When you are 30 and she is 10, you are 3 times older than her.
When you are 40 and she is 20, you are twice as old as her" -Lou Costello

Hilarious A&C routine!! "Now how long will it take before you and the girl are the same age?"

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
28 years!

[youtube=425,350]7WMi5TUJDso[/youtube]

With Shemp!

James