Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Has This Been Posted Here Yet? (Farrellys in 3D)

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
... if so, please say so and I'll immediately delete the thread. This article was post dated March 7, 2008, but I don't remember seeing it on this forum.

FarrellyBros. Stooge Movie in 3D
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline archiezappa

I read the article.  It's weird.  I don't understand where the humor is coming from.  Maybe it'll be good.  I don't know.  The only thing I do know is that if this is popular, we won't have to worry about whether the rest of the DVD sets will come out.  If this movie takes off, the speed of DVD releases may pick up.  Who knows?

I'd like to be 100% supportive of this movie.  I really would.  However, I don't understand what Elizabeth Taylor and a bunch of nuns have to do with the Three Stooges.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Last I checked most of the Stooges were Jewish, I suppose they could have converted post-mortem or something.

I hate the whole idea of giving the Stooges a bogus history; I smell turkey.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline archiezappa

I know.  The Stooges don't need a back history.  Their back stories were different in every episode.  That's part of why they're so timeless.  Each episode is a stand alone film.  You don't need to see any other film to understand the one you're watching.  So, I'm guessing their trademark yiddish double-talk is out?  Like I said, I really don't understand this.  Maybe it'll make sense when we see it, but right now I just don't get it.   ???

Offline locoboymakesgood

This sounds like the dumbest piece of shit to come out of Hollywood in fucking years. My God.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline curlysdame

This sounds like the dumbest piece of shit to come out of Hollywood in fucking years. My God.

I'm with ya on that one, locoboy.  WTF?
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline FineBari3

Word.   [afro]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Hammond Eggar

This has me thinking.  With all the concern over casting of a Stooges feature film, how would fans react to an aimated Stooges film?  Of course, you still have to have a good script, as well as descent voice actors, which doesn't always happen.  Case-in-point, there was the mid-60s Beatles cartoons.  Legendary voice actor Paul Frees was brought in to do the voices of both John Lennon and George Harrison.  He sounded nothing like them.  The John voice was the worst, though.  The other mistake is that the producers chose to not use Liverpudlian accents, assuming the audience would have trouble understanding the dialogue.  Crazy, huh!?!  ???

As for this Stooges film, if they can't find the right actors for the parts, which is nearly-impossible, then, perhaps, animation is the way to go.  Then again, I'm not really that crazy about this project in any form, but with today's technology, perhaps an animated film might be half-way watchable. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline metaldams

This has me thinking.  With all the concern over casting of a Stooges feature film, how would fans react to an aimated Stooges film?  Of course, you still have to have a good script, as well as descent voice actors, which doesn't always happen.  Case-in-point, there was the mid-60s Beatles cartoons.  Legendary voice actor Paul Frees was brought in to do the voices of both John Lennon and George Harrison.  He sounded nothing like them.  The John voice was the worst, though.  The other mistake is that the producers chose to not use Liverpudlian accents, assuming the audience would have trouble understanding the dialogue.  Crazy, huh!?!  ???

As for this Stooges film, if they can't find the right actors for the parts, which is nearly-impossible, then, perhaps, animation is the way to go.  Then again, I'm not really that crazy about this project in any form, but with today's technology, perhaps an animated film might be half-way watchable. :-\

On the other side of the coin, I found YELLOW SUBMARINE to be surprisingly good, and perhaps my favoritie animated feature.

Overall though, I say they should just let The Three Stooges rest in peace.  The only way there'd be any commercial value is if you cheapen it for either children or the lowest common denominator, and even then, it might not work.  Artistically, sorry, but have any of these retreads worked in the past?  See THE LITTLE RASCALS or FOR THE LOVE OF MUMMY.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

I also enjoyed "Yellow Submarine" very much.  In fact, my brother and I watched this recently.  I had not seen it in 15 years and I loved it.  Great animated film.

As for the Stooges, it might work.  But like I said before, any updated Stooges film will bring people to wanting more (i.e. the old shorts), so I'm all for that.  I just wish they would do it right.  Or at least make it somewhat appealing for all of us Stooge fans.