Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

DVD question

Offline scribe8585

Has anyone bought "The Three Stooges DVD Collection Volume 1," with the Curly Classics, Spook Louder, and All the World's a Stooge DVDs?

I'm wondering how they're packaged - as 3 seperate, regular keep case DVDs inside the box, or in a cheap foldout box (i.e the back to the future box set)

Thanks

xraffle

I didn't buy it, but I saw it in stores. They're packaged as regular keep case DVDs inside a box. You can also buy all three separately if you'd like, but if you really want all three, then get the set.

Offline scribe8585

Right - I'd pay over 60.00 for each by their own, but 49.99 for all 3 in a set. If only Columbia would go back to 7 shorts per, like the ATWIS disc.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I don't even want to estimate how much I've shelled out on these DVDs. I have every Columbia disc issued so far and I don't think we've even hit 50 shorts out on DVD yet. What a joke.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline scribe8585

I'm just beginning to bring my shorts collection into the digital age. I currently have 3 of the discs - the law one, and the two colorized ones. I made my parents and grandparents spend hundreds on the VHS collection I have - mostly those mid 90s releases, some late 80s "other nyuks" releases and three of those orginal VHS releases in 84 or so. All of those tapes are in poor condition, and my VCR player is just as bad.

xraffle

I'm in the same condition as you. I spent a lot of money on the VHS tapes of the Stooges and now I'm buying them on DVD. I really like watching the Stooges on DVD instead of VHS because it's convenient especially when you want to watch a particular short at a certain time. Also, you don't have to worry about the DVDs wearing out if you watch it a lot However, it's a shame that I spent sooo much money on the VHS and now I'm replacing them with the DVDs.