Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Night of the Living Dead turns 40

Offline FineBari3

The movie Night of the Living Dead was more than just a zombie film made in my little town of Evans City, PA. The film represented society at the time intertwined with metaphors of Eisenhower-era thinking and the Vietnam War.

It is cool that the whole film was made by a group of friends who hung out at the local processing lab. Remember, back then the news was filmed, and it had to be processed and edited. These people put together a film that created a whole new genre of horror film for around $100,000. Sadly, the film went into public domain at some point, and not much money was made by its creators.

We just had our Halloween parade here in town, and there was a small group of zombies representin'.  The 40th anniversary will be celebrated with an outdoor screening of Night of the Living Dead, complete with several cast members from the film. 

"The movie that wouldn't die 'Night of the Living Dead' celebrates 4-0 with bash in Evans City"
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08304/923902-60.stm?cmpid=newspanel0
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline JazzBill

I saw that movie at a drive-in in Ludington, Michigan. What a great flick ! I had just left home and was driving a bus picking up bums on skid row, in towns like Chicago, Grand Rapids, Detroit, etc. and taking them up to Ludington to pick cherries. The two things I remember the most, are seeing that movie and watching those bums falling out of the trees picking cherries trying to save up money to get back home.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline FineBari3

I saw that movie at a drive-in in Ludington, Michigan. What a great flick ! I had just left home and was driving a bus picking up bums on skid row, in towns like Chicago, Grand Rapids, Detroit, etc. and taking them up to Ludington to pick cherries. The two things I remember the most, are seeing that movie and watching those bums falling out of the trees picking cherries trying to save up money to get back home.

How surreal!!!!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson