Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

'Legalize Shemp'?

Offline Fake Shemp

I have seen the phrase before, on t-shirts, tin cans, etc., and I'm curious as to what the whole idea was behind that phrase, where it came from (besides the infamous Shemp Howard, of course) and why they came up with it. Anyone know the answers to that? Thanks.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
It's a take-off on the "Legalize Hemp" (marijuana) movement.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

moe-jo

Shemp doesn't need to be legalized.  He's cute.

moe-jo

ha ha...I am so putting 'Legalize Shemp' on the t-shirt I'm making next Wednesday night... ;)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I guess the "Illlegalize Joe Besser" shirts didn't take off!

Robin

P.S.  I saw "Africa Screams" on some new satellite channel called Education something and the quality was really lousy, Are all copies of this film this bad?  I ask this since its on the coming "Shemp Cocktail" DVD set I ordered which comes out this week.  I know this film is public domain as I've seen it at stores in the dollar DVD's umpteen times.  Hopefully this Shemp set will be in better quality.

Offline FineBari3

There was already a 'Legalize Shemp' t-shirt made, and also some other things with that same design...I have a tin sign.

I like to wear that 'Legalize Shemp' shirt to amusement parks, because the Stooges fans come up to me and say Hi, and also the stoners! 

Let's burn one..... [pot]

"Shemp is SO high!" -Homer Simpson
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

moe-jo

Shemp is SO high!
OMG!  Moe, smack him around a bit!  LOL!  I made a 'Legalize Shemp' T-shirt last night.  It has a picture of the 'Legalize Shemp' and it says 'Shemp for President'. Get it?  Because if Shemp is president he'll legalize Shemp?