Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Books the Stooges Might Appreciate

Guest · 18 · 3470

moe-jo

I don't really have a chart for this one, but...

I think Curly and Moe would really really like Lord of the Flies by William Golding.  Curly would like it because he would really be interested in the theme of the book:  that when humans, much less boys like we see here, are left alone, they tend to become savages. 

Moe would like it because once Curly and Moe read chapter 8, Moe would pretend Curly was Simon and start pretending to be the pig's head on a stick and start scaring Curly and Curly would be telling him to stop.

Larry I think would like books by Ray Bradbury.  I've always thought of him as kind of a nerd.

Shemp would like non-fiction books, but his favorite non-fiction books would be about storms.  Thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.  Moe would like to read about hurricanes too.

Ted Healy would like to read books about sports.  Preferably hockey.

Offline metaldams

Curly would like it because he would really be interested in the theme of the book:  that when humans, much less boys like we see here, are left alone, they tend to become savages. 

Just out of morbid curiosity, how did you come to this conclusion?
- Doug Sarnecky

moe-jo

well, for one thing, we're reading the book in English, and for another thing, it's kind of obvious, and for another thing, it's common sense.

Offline metaldams

No, I meant why would Curly like the book for those reasons?  What about Curly's personality makes him seem like a LORD OF THE FLIES guy?  I read that book in high school too, and Curly was not the first guy who came to mind when I read it.
- Doug Sarnecky

moe-jo

well, I don't know...I've been thinking of Curly OUTSIDE the character he is in the shorts.  Sort of like a deep-thinking Simon kind of character.  That's why.  I think he'd be able to see the theme of the book very easily.

Offline JazzBill

How in the hell do you figure you know what someone would like to read ? The only thing you know about Curly is what you see on the screen. I drive a 18 wheeler and ride a Harley Davidson, so I guess that means I read comic books and Hustler magazines.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline busybuddy

I bet if you dig deep down, you might find a topic that is actually worth discussing. I don't think Curly onscreen or off ever picked up a book in his life.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline busybuddy

you don't have an imagination.

I am a filmmaker, artist, and musician, so yes, I do have an imagination. But I put my good ideas to good use and I keep my stupid ideas to myself. I don't think I have ever imagined whether or not a person who has been dead for 70 years would enjoy reading books about hockey. 

Offline JazzBill

I bet if you dig deep down, you might find a topic that is actually worth discussing. I don't think Curly onscreen or off ever picked up a book in his life.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought this topic was ridiculous. It looks as if moe-jo has a new name and gender now. I knew that idiot wasn't for real. No one can be that obnoxious. There's another one around here I have my doubts on.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought this topic was ridiculous. It looks as if moe-jo has a new name and gender now. I knew that idiot wasn't for real. No one can be that obnoxious. There's another one around here I have my doubts on.

Moe-Jo to me was just some 16 year old kid, so I could forgive a slight bit of immaturity as a result if it causes no harm.  However, the name change once someone questions the validity of one of his/her/it's topics and the "f*** off" tag under the name scream for supermoderator metaldams and his heroic partners in crime to take a look into this.   :police:  For duty and humanity!

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline busybuddy

Moe-Jo to me was just some 16 year old kid, so I could forgive a slight bit of immaturity as a result if it causes no harm.  However, the name change once someone questions the validity of one of his/her/it's topics and the "f*** off" tag under the name scream for supermoderator metaldams and his heroic partners in crime to take a look into this.   :police:  For duty and humanity!

I don't mind immaturity either. It's repeated immaturity that gets on my nerves.

Offline archiezappa

Here is my list of magazines that the Stooges might like to read:

Ted Healy:  Sports Illustrated

Moe Howard:  People

Larry Fine:  Hot Rod

Curly Howard:  Mad Magazine

Shemp Howard:  Reader's Digest

Joe Besser:  Ladies Home Journal

Joe DeRita:  Laurel & Hardy Fanzine

Emil Sitka:  Popular Science

Offline curlysdame

Like ThumpTheShoes, this is also the best laugh I've had in a while.   :D

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought this topic was ridiculous. It looks as if moe-jo has a new name and gender now. I knew that idiot wasn't for real. No one can be that obnoxious.

I just read up on the last few posts that were left in this forum.... hoooly crap, what have I missed?  Haha.  Since we know what happened to "moe-jo," who the hell is "Fake Shemp"?  ...LoL.  Ouch, Jazzbill!  But, I definitely agree.  The first time I saw this posted I couldn't help but think, "WTF?  Where are all the good topics going?"

I've been thinking of Curly OUTSIDE the character he is in the shorts.  Sort of like a deep-thinking Simon kind of character.

As much as I love Curly I highly doubt that he was much of a deep thinker.  It's been well quoted in a number of Stooge books that although he was far from stupid, he definitely wasn't an intellectual.  Nor did he read books; it didn't fit his lifestyle.  The Curly OUTSIDE the character in the shorts liked to stay out late at night clubs, go to sporting events, collect stray dogs...and mingle with the dames.

"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

moe-jo

Here is my list of magazines that the Stooges might like to read:

Ted Healy:  Sports Illustrated

Moe Howard:  People

Larry Fine:  Hot Rod

Curly Howard:  Mad Magazine

Shemp Howard:  Reader's Digest

Joe DeRita:  Laurel & Hardy Fanzine

Emil Sitka:  Popular Science

I like that, I like that...