Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Volume 2 Chatter

Guest · 119 · 28772

Offline archiezappa

I remember that lawsuit back in the 90's.  It was ugly.  I'm relieved to know that there's not another lawsuit going on.  I'm glad that was misinformation.  Whew!!!

Offline locoboymakesgood

According to The Digital Bits, Sony officially announced as of today that Volume Two will street 5/27. I would assume a press release will follow in the next week or so.

Here's the pre-order page at Amazon, although nothing has been updated on the page yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Vol-2-Collection-1937-39-Three-Stooges/dp/B00151QYYE/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205784438&sr=1-37
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Justin T

According to The Digital Bits, Sony officially announced as of today that Volume Two will street 5/27. I would assume a press release will follow in the next week or so.

Here's the pre-order page at Amazon, although nothing has been updated on the page yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Vol-2-Collection-1937-39-Three-Stooges/dp/B00151QYYE/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205784438&sr=1-37

Yeah, I was just on The Digital Bits and saw that! That's great news! More confirmation, now we just need the official press release
from Sony which should be coming out real soon, I hope.

Here is the link to the info on The Digital Bits http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Its under The My Two Cents for today, the 17th. Its at the top of the page and in about he middle of the post for the 17th.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

Good to hear. I'll be checking my local Best Buy on that day to see if they'll have a copy.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Amazon, Barnesandnoble.com, and many other online sellers began taking preorders as of Monday 3/17.

May 27 is still showing as the release date; a press release from Sony is still pending.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Thanks BeAStooge, I've got my Amazon pre-order in for LT $20 w/shipping. Gasoline, time, and frustration with in-store stocking is worth $2.98.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
While checking out TV DVDs at FYE the other day, I noticed they had a single copy of Volume 1.  This was never there that I saw before as I looked for it on the day of release and ended up getting it at Suncoast (which of course is closed now!)  I might try to preorder Vol. 2 from them as they are quite close to home and It would be a nice stop on May 27th, (if that ends up being the actual date in stores)

Sony advertise, its an old concept, but It gets results,  Also have posters, in store contests, trivia, Stooge dress ups whatever, Get the word out!

Robin

Offline falsealarms

This set is already selling among the top 30 "TV" DVD's on Amazon. (They classify it as a TV show).

xraffle

Anyone here that says they'd pass on this regardless surely has spent $20-some odd dollars on worse shit before.

I know this is something that was posted a while ago, but a few days ago, I went to Costco and bought the X-Men Trilogy DVD set for only $16.99. That was actually the best $17 I've ever spent because I bought 3 awesome movies for less than $20. And also, I never double dipped on these movies. This is my first time buying them. That's what makes it even more worth the money.

This is why I like going to Costco occasionally. They have a lot of DVDs for dirt cheap prices.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I know this is something that was posted a while ago, but a few days ago, I went to Costco and bought the X-Men Trilogy DVD set for only $16.99. That was actually the best $17 I've ever spent because I bought 3 awesome movies for less than $20. And also, I never double dipped on these movies. This is my first time buying them. That's what makes it even more worth the money.

This is why I like going to Costco occasionally. They have a lot of DVDs for dirt cheap prices.
I didn't even know they had CostCo in New York. I heard of it, but I never actually saw one until I moved out West.

xraffle

I didn't even know they had CostCo in New York. I heard of it, but I never actually saw one until I moved out West.

Yeah there are some, but it's about a 20 minute drive.

Offline Justin T

Yeah there are some, but it's about a 20 minute drive.

Really, I've lived in NY all my life. But I live in Western NY, the Finger Lakes region. I'm an
hour's drive away from both Rochester and Syracuse. I've never seen one, unless their down
state new NYC
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

Really, I've lived in NY all my life. But I live in Western NY, the Finger Lakes region. I'm an
hour's drive away from both Rochester and Syracuse. I've never seen one, unless their down
state new NYC

I go to the one in Long Island City. Address is:

32-50 Vernon Boulevard
Long Island,  New York

Go to the Costco website and type in your zip code and it will show you the nearest stores.

Offline locoboymakesgood

state new NYC
Must be NYC.. I lived in Buffalo and know for fact there weren't any from there to Syracuse. I think they have CostCo in Jersey, so NYC would make sense.

And now that I live in California, I must say CostCo is 100 times better than BJs and Sam's Club combined. I don't know what I would do without it now.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
For anyone whos interested since its Costco time, I saw  all five Looney Tunes Golden Collections for only 23.99!
Even the 2 disc "Spotlight collections" sell for about $25 bucks (if you can find them)

I already had Volume 1, and picked up 4 and 5 (the newest one) 4 had a cartoon I had not seen in years "The Aristo-Cat" which I had to read most of my Looney Tunes And Merry Melodies book to find the title of since It had been so long since i saw it last.

Again a nice price for classic cartoons, with lots of extra stuff (Sony, are you listening?) 4 DVDS  in each set  for a great price.

Robin 

Offline locoboymakesgood

Last time I was there I saw that. I almost pulled the trigger and bought the sets when Deep Discount had them for $26 a piece a few weeks ago, glad I didn't!! Unbeatable price.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
Yeah, I almost bought them at Best Buy but  they wanted almost 50 bucks for them, Yeah quality stuff but high price,

I still need to get volumes 2 and 3. At christmas last year they had a box set of Stooges DVDS at Costco (can't remember the price) but It was I think all the columbia volumes minus the colorized ones.  They did not get in Volume one that I saw though probably would have been about 15 dollars or less probably

Robin   

xraffle

I must say CostCo is 100 times better than BJs and Sam's Club combined. I don't know what I would do without it now.

Really? That's interesting to hear. My neighbor is a BJ member becuase he told me that it has a lot more selections than Costco. He took me there once and in my opinion, they both are the exact same.

xraffle

For anyone whos interested since its Costco time, I saw  all five Looney Tunes Golden Collections for only 23.99!
Even the 2 disc "Spotlight collections" sell for about $25 bucks (if you can find them)

When I was there a few days ago, they didn't have them. Maybe each Costco carries different DVDs.

xraffle

I already had Volume 1, and picked up 4 and 5 (the newest one) 4 had a cartoon I had not seen in years "The Aristo-Cat" which I had to read most of my Looney Tunes And Merry Melodies book to find the title of since It had been so long since i saw it last.

Again a nice price for classic cartoons, with lots of extra stuff (Sony, are you listening?) 4 DVDS  in each set  for a great price.

Robin 

You know, I went to Costco yesterday and I saw the Looney Tunes sets for $23.99 each. I couldn't believe my eyes!! So, I bought Volume 3 since it has my favorite selection of cartoons. I have to say, I'm very happy with the set so far. I don't know how Costco is able to sell these sets so cheap. Amazon sells them for $46.99 each, which is rediculous. That's why I never bought them. When I saw the $23.99 price tag at Costco, I was like "That's more like it."

stooged and confused

I am expecting my advanced review copy of volume 2 next week. As soon as it arrives and I've viewed it in full, I will post a detailed review.

If any of you have points that you'd like addressed, post them here and I will make sure to answer all of your questions after I've fully viewed the set.

xraffle

I am expecting my advanced review copy of volume 2 next week. As soon as it arrives and I've viewed it in full, I will post a detailed review.

If any of you have points that you'd like addressed, post them here and I will make sure to answer all of your questions after I've fully viewed the set.

Nice! I can't wait. There are a few points I'd like addressed.

1. Are there any music clippings at the very beginning of the shorts? This was one of the flaws on the Volume 1 set. If there are any, which shorts?
2. How do the shorts look? Do the re-released shorts look better or worse on this set?
3. How is the audio in "Yes We Have No Bonanza?" In the previous DVD, the audio on that short was terrible.

Thanks!

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Is it worth it?

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Sadistic Stooge

will vol 2 be the only set for this year ? (I hope not )  [3stooges]