Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Volume 2 Chatter

Guest · 119 · 29252

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Damn it, it's already broken up. Now what am I going to do with the cage of death that I ordered?

Save it for the NY Yankees.   >:D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline metaldams

Save it for the NY Yankees.   >:D

James

NY Yankees!  Slowly I turn.  Step-by-step, inch-by-inch....................  [3stooges]
- Doug Sarnecky

JH24

Warning: It has not been officially announced so dont see Amazon and start jumping up and down.

http://www.amazon.com/Vol-2-Collection-1937-39-Three-Stooges/dp/B00151QYYE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205157982&sr=1-15

They're claiming May 27th aswell. I hope they have heard something elsewhere and havent just taken the date from video eta. Just one more week til the schedule covers May 27th. Could it be possible that Sony have been in contact with Amazon about the date and Video Eta have just taken it from Amazon? I pray the date is correct and we do finish off the 1930s in the next volume.

xraffle

Usually that happens. In the past, when the older stooge DVDs were released, Amazon had the DVDs listed before it was officially announced.

Offline Hammond Eggar

With or without a definite release date, the news that a second set is on the way is great news by itself.  I am so excited!  Whenever they do get around to releasing it, you can be sure I'll be buying a set.  I bought the first set at a local San Antonio Best Buy the day of release.  Let's hope there are some stores stocking  the new DVDs this time around.  I agree, there is a lot more Sony could have done to get the word out about the Stooges set, that would have helped increase sales figures.  That said, as longs as sales are strong enough to warrent a second set, then I'm happy.  It does give me pause for concern, though, regarding future Shemp and Joe sets.  One can only wonder how those would sell. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Hammond Eggar

Anyone here that says they'd pass on this regardless surely has spent $20-some odd dollars on worse shit before.

Yeah, that's it. Let's skip on digitally remastered shorts, in chronological order, when we all wanted it, just because I have shorts that look some-what good on the old DVDs or recorded off of TV. That makes no sense.

Guys, we need to support this. Hell if this thing was one year I'd fuckin' buy it.

I just don't see how including 3 years instead of one would make-or-break a purchase of this.. lol

Boy, you said a mouthful, and I support you all the way!!! I do, however, see how pricing could be a deciding factor.  That said, if the new set is, roughly, the same price as the first, then it really shouldn't be an issue.;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

xraffle

Let's hope there are some stores stocking  the new DVDs this time around. 

Yes! Let's hope because I'm not buying Volume 2 from Amazon this time due to the terrible experience I had last time. I'll be checking Best Buy during the week it comes out. If they don't have it, then it'll be a while until I buy the set as I have to search elsewhere.

ThumpTheShoes

Warning: It has not been officially announced so dont see Amazon and start jumping up and down.

I shifted in my chair a little bit. But, no jumping here.
 [pie]

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
For those of us with Best Buy stores near them, I'd suggest talking to someone at your local store and have them order more than two.  That's what I'll be doing, just so they order more.  I'll even mention the high ranks at Amazon (maybe they'll be jealous).   8)

I won't even bother with Circuit City since they suck, and Wal-Mart will end up having more copies than any other store.  If I wasn't lucky and found one of the only two available Volume 1's at Best Buy, I would have had to go with Wal-Mart or order online.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

moe-jo

thanks for the heads-up, Moe!  I'll be at Best Buy in Mira Mesa if you need me this weekend folks 8)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I searched all over town (and others as well) to secure a copy of volume 1. I had planned to preorder at the same store (Suncoast Video) but they closed down after almost 20 years at the local mall.

I do have several Worst Buys And Wal Farts (including a new SuperCenter that just opened not too far away) So hopefully they will carry at least a few copies of the new set when it is released.

C'mon Sony advertise, promote, and give the boys the attention they deserve, after all look how much profit they have made over the years.   This idea of the  shorts being released in order and cleaned up is a valiant effort and very time consuming im sure. 

Yeah the people here on this list want these very much, but there is a bigger market out there for quality product maybe more than you believe.    Don't think so, do a survey and see how many people love the Three Stooges (including Shemp and Joe as well)

Robin   

Offline fwdstuck

I'm thinking that Sony didn't advertise the first volume well, because they are wanting them to flop and to dump the series. Then everybody will go why? And they will say, This is what you fans wanted and nobody is buying it. Then you want to strangle them.

Offline Waldo Twitchell

I just saw this review on Amazon and don't know what to make of it:

"I just heard that some of the Three Stooge's heirs have sued Sony for whatever reason and that this DVD set is now out of print!!! I sincerely hope this gets resolved. If not then you'd better get a copy or three and hold on to them. All the years we've waited for pristine, chronologically ordered Stooge shorts and now THIS happens? Good luck on releasing the rest of the series..."

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead

"I just heard that some of the Three Stooge's heirs have sued Sony for whatever reason and that this DVD set is now out of print!!! I sincerely hope this gets resolved. If not then you'd better get a copy or three and hold on to them. All the years we've waited for pristine, chronologically ordered Stooge shorts and now THIS happens? Good luck on releasing the rest of the series..."

IF this is true, then I'm really sorry that the Stooges had any children...

If I was famous, I wouldn't expect MY child to cash in on what I did in the past, but so many people seem to want to do just that.  I seriously hope that this is false info, and that the heirs wouldn't try to sue Sony.  Besides, how come they are suing them now and not in the past with the other DVD's?  Doesn't make sense to me.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

I haven't seen this review (can you provide us with a link to it, Waldo?), but I strongly suspect that this is misinformation posted by someone who had only recently heard about the lawsuit back in the 90's -- and managed to get it all wrong as well. 

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead

xraffle

It seems to me that the person is lying. He said that Volume 1 is now out of print, but it's still being sold.

Offline Billybagobagels

• Porcupine
  • Grapehead
  • "Dr. Windbag, I presume?"
    • Welcome To Baby Champ!
Can't find anything about a lawsuit on a Google News search for past few weeks.

Hope this isn't true....

Offline busybuddy

I think this is a lie. The Soitenly Stooges Store still has it for sale. Why would they still be selling it if they wanted it off the shelves?
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline metaldams

As a long time Stooge poster, here's a general rule of thumb to follow:

It ain't official until BeAStooge says it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

The only store around here (North Alabama) that carried the set was Wal-Mart.  I can't wait to get this set!  I'll be buying mine at Wal-Mart on the day of release.  Just like I did for Volume 1.  I hope I'll still be able to say the same thing when, like, Volume 10 is released.  I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing.

Offline bbug

http://www.amazon.com/Vol-2-Collection-1937-39-Three-Stooges/dp/B00151QYYE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1205157982&sr=1-15

They're claiming May 27th aswell. I hope they have heard something elsewhere and havent just taken the date from video eta. Just one more week til the schedule covers May 27th. Could it be possible that Sony have been in contact with Amazon about the date and Video Eta have just taken it from Amazon? I pray the date is correct and we do finish off the 1930s in the next volume.

I'd guess we can probably rely on the listing of the content (37 - 39), but the date may roll forward a bit as it did for the early Amazon announcement of Vol. 1

I'm thinking that Sony didn't advertise the first volume well, because they are wanting them to flop and to dump the series. Then everybody will go why? And they will say, This is what you fans wanted and nobody is buying it. Then you want to strangle them.

I'd again say its just as likely they are saving their ad $$$ (the most significant part of a DVD sales campaign budget) until they have a few volumes available, since this will help them to maximize their sales bang per ad buck.  But that too is just a guess.

Offline son of shemp

Greetings!  I'm new to this forum but a lifelong Stoogephile. I want to clear up something...it was I that wrote the amazon.com review in question...perhaps I was hasty in doing so but I had heard this revelation from a trusted Stoogephile friend and admittedly I did not research it further. If Sony has the 2nd DVD set in the works as was posted earlier then I am obviously wrong and shame on me for jumping to conclusions. Might be best if I delete the post on amazon before someone else calls me a liar!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
First of all, welcome to the site, son of shemp!

Obviously, I didn't think you were deliberately lying in your review on Amazon.com, but I did - and still do - believe that you were woefully misinformed.  I have not heard of any lawsuits involving the Stooge heirs for more than a decade, which is why I was so quick to dismiss what you wrote as being in error.  Do you have any idea where your friend got this information?

Offline son of shemp

I'm trying to get that info as we speak!

My very first product review on amazon.com and it hadda be one that was totally misinformed!  :-\

Thanks for the welcome!!! I am Shemp Howard's spiritual, if not intellectual, heir ::)