Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

History of the Joke last night

Offline FineBari3

There was a show on The History Channel Monday night entitled "The History of the Joke".

They were explaining different types of physical comedy, and they used the Stooges as the example. Several of the comedians explained why they liked them and why physical humor is funny. Probably did about 5 minutes on them.

I would imagine they would be showing this again, in case you missed it.

Pretty good show!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline busybuddy

I was about to post a topic about this myself, I'm glad I saw yours before I did!

I was surprised to see the Stooges on there. They were the only comedy team shown. Others were discussed but they only showed the Stooges. I was also impressed that they didn't use Disorder In the Court footage, they used the breakout scene from Three Little Pirates!
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline FineBari3

I was about to post a topic about this myself, I'm glad I saw yours before I did!

I was surprised to see the Stooges on there. They were the only comedy team shown. Others were discussed but they only showed the Stooges. I was also impressed that they didn't use Disorder In the Court footage, they used the breakout scene from Three Little Pirates!

Yes! I was thinking that to myself as well!

Verrrry surprised to see the non-PD stuff on the show!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Dog Hambone

I saw that show! It was very good.
Plus, one of the guests on the show recited a knock knock joke that I've never heard. He said it was the first joke he ever heard:
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Oswald
Oswald who
Oswald my gum!

moe-jo

omg!  I saw the commercials for that and all they were showing was Lewis Black!  Crap!  If I'd have known it was going to have the Stooges I would have watched it!  I'm such an idiot!  I hope it's on again!