Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges Movie?

Guest · 11 · 2151

moe-jo

I read somewhere online that there was a Stooges movie featuring Russell Crowe as Moe.  I think on one site it said that it came out in 2004 but I think in another site it said that it came out in 2007.  Is this true, or was the Internet playing tricks on me?

Offline Double Deal Decker

I remember hearing or reading the same thing a few years back, but I've not seen anything more on it since. Perhaps the project was shelved. Too bad.

moe-jo

I'm reading a site right now that they were considering Chris Rock or Busta Rhymes as Larry, but Larry isn't black.  I picture Larry as a punk type of guy with a nose ring and earrings.  With straight hair like he had in his vaudeville days, of course.

ThumpTheShoes

I'm reading a site right now that they were considering Chris Rock or Busta Rhymes as Larry, but Larry isn't black.  I picture Larry as a punk type of guy with a nose ring and earrings.  With straight hair like he had in his vaudeville days, of course.

What about Kirstie Alley as Larry?

And she's got the straight hair and all!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Is this true, or was the Internet playing tricks on me?

No such Stooge movie has been produced.

It's been stuck in preproduction since first announced in 2000. No mainstream studio has offered to pick it up since WB dropped its option/involvement several years ago. All celebrity names mentioned in the past were PR gimmicks to generate studio interest.

It's a Farrelly brothers script & concept. They went off the project a little over a year ago, but came back to it recently. They're working with C3.

Offline curlysdame

Yeah, I had also heard at one time that Russell Crowe had been considered as Moe.   And to that I say:  Eehh... hell no.  If they make this Stooges movie that I've been hearing about since 2000, I just pray that Dave Knight won't be involved.   [sick]

ThumpTheShoes:  LMAO at that picture match up!!!!!   [rotfl]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

moe-jo

What about Kirstie Alley as Larry?

And she's got the straight hair and all!
Larry is a punk, man, not a Jenny Craig tabloid!

Yeah, I had also heard at one time that Russell Crowe had been considered as Moe.   And to that I say:  Eehh... hell no.  [sick]

Agreement.  Moe is hot, so he needs a hot actor to portray him.  Mark Wahlberg or Tom Cruise, anyone?  nyuk nyuk :laugh:

Actually, my friend says that Larry looks like a woman.

Offline busybuddy

Larry is a punk, man, not a Jenny Craig tabloid!

Agreement.  Moe is hot, so he needs a hot actor to portray him.  Mark Wahlberg or Tom Cruise, anyone?  nyuk nyuk :laugh:

Actually, my friend says that Larry looks like a woman.

I don't mean to be "this guy," but does anyone remember back when there used to be some intelligent conversations going on this site? Ok, Moe's hot, we get it. Don't hate me.
I think Birdie will go for that!

moe-jo

just one more pie throw?   [pie]  Ok, now we're even.

Offline metaldams

I don't mean to be "this guy," but does anyone remember back when there used to be some intelligent conversations going on this site? Ok, Moe's hot, we get it. Don't hate me.

Intelligent conversation?  Hey, I'm all for it.  I'll attempt a thread or two soon, but there was a time where I actually learned a lot about film history and several other topics on Three Stooges boards.  Sadly, those days are long gone, but I'll try to lead by example.  I know there are other posters here who can do the same.  That's my monthly Stooge challenge.  It might not have the entertainment value of SLIPP's gouge someone in the eye threads, but it's a challenge nonetheless.
- Doug Sarnecky

Curley91

I have heard from a couple sources that Dane Cook may end up in the movie, possibly as a Larry or Moe? 

Anyway, all that really seems to be going through my teeny little brain right now is.....'Jackie Moon!'   

[whistle]