Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Poll for Female Stooge Fans

Poll

What are the ages of the female Stooge fans here on threestooges.net?

55 and up
0 (0%)
34-54
2 (28.6%)
15-33
4 (57.1%)
15 and under
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Offline FineBari3

Since there is a very 'chick' discussion going in the 'Shemp Picture' thread, I am going to post this poll.

I have been paying more and more attention to what seems like a rapid accumulation of female Stooge fans, and I was wondering what the ages of us dames are here on threestooges.net..

I have noticed that there seem to be quite an amout of young adult Stooge fans now, both male and female, and that is GREAT!

I am 37, and I have been a Stooge fan since 1979, when I first saw them on channel 22 in Pittsboigh!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline curlysdame

I have been paying more and more attention to what seems like a rapid accumulation of female Stooge fans

I've noticed that, too.  Thank God!  It's time we girls started playing some 'catch up.'

...I'll be 21 at the end of March.  I've been a Stooges fan since I was 12, back in 1999, when AMC used to play them.  'Remember how they used to play 3 shorts (w/o cutting them up w/ commercials) in one hour?  Poifect!  I used to race home from school everyday so I could watch AMC from 3-4.  Needless to say, I was the odd-one-out among the other girls I went to school with.  But that's alright, because all the boys in my class thought I was cool.   8)
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline FineBari3

Needless to say, I was the odd-one-out among the other girls I went to school with.  But that's alright, because all the boys in my class thought I was cool.   8)

Hahahaha!  (Me too!)

Funny how some things work out!   [artist]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Mame: (Fine Bari 3):

Just would like to mention that this idea of yours is truely awesome.  I have been a died in the wool Three Stooges Fan (with Shemp as my favourite) since I was 14.  And now I am the seniour citizen thus far on this site age 50.

Again thank you:

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

I was wondering in closing Mame if I could ask you a question please?  I have been curious about how to become a Stooge Team Member.

Offline FineBari3

Dear Mame: (Fine Bari 3):

Just would like to mention that this idea of yours is truely awesome.  I have been a died in the wool Three Stooges Fan (with Shemp as my favourite) since I was 14.  And now I am the seniour citizen thus far on this site age 50.

Again thank you:

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

I was wondering in closing Mame if I could ask you a question please?  I have been curious about how to become a Stooge Team Member.

Wow, thanks! 

My next poll for us gals will be which is your favorite Stooge.  I have a theory about that, too!

You must be a Brit, to call me Mame!  I really do not know what that means exactly....I just heard of the musical!

You would want to contact Rob (dunrobin) to become a member of Team Stooge. I really don't know what it takes!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline metaldams

Personal experience:

As a 29 year old male, I have never met or spoken to anyone, male or female, who has the same interest in The Three stooges or classic comedy unless they are linked this or some other message board.  I have classic rock friends, heavy metal friends, but not a single Three Stooges friend.  So from my experience, species is more an issue than gender.

There are people with a casual Stooge interest I've talked to, which is fine, but not the types who know the names of the shorts or can believe I truly like Shemp.

PS:  As for the silent comedy part of my comedy interest, you can REALLY forget it.  As least people know who The Three Stooges are.  At my desk in work, I have a Three Stooges picture, a Buster Keaton picture, and  Laurel and Hardy picture, among other things.  My former boss, who was 48 years old at the time, saw the Laurel and Hardy picture (from LIBERTY), and didn't ask who they were, but WHAT they were.  Not just the comedians, but the art form itself was foreign to her.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline FineBari3

My former boss, who was 48 years old at the time, saw the Laurel and Hardy picture (from LIBERTY), and didn't ask who they were, but WHAT they were.  Not just the comedians, but the art form itself was foreign to her.

That's just awful!

I was teaching a bunch of 6th graders last month, and the teacher asked if they knew who Charlie Chaplin was, and they of course, had no clue.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Mame (Fine Bari 3):

Actually I was born and raised in Canada until I hit 45 and then I came to your country to finish off work to retire this was when I met my husband and decided to stay.  Your country now mine.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline curlysdame

I was teaching a bunch of 6th graders last month, and the teacher asked if they knew who Charlie Chaplin was, and they of course, had no clue.

That happened to me not too recently with some people I go to school with now.  I'm the new kid in a couple of classes this semester, and after class one day, two girls who were a little older than me (like mid 20s) came over asked me my name, what my interests are etc.  When I said I was a Three Stooges fan, they were all, "Oh, who are they?"  Which surprised me, but I gave a brief explanation... and then they looked at me like I had three heads.  *oye*  [wha]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Double Deal Decker

Although I'm not a "dame", I 'm 53 and I've been a fan since the 1960's.  So, maybe, I'm the oldest person here. If I am, it would not bother me in the least. One is never too old to laugh.  :D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Although I'm not a "dame", I 'm 53 and I've been a fan since the 1960's.  So, maybe, I'm the oldest person here. If I am, it would not bother me in the least. One is never too old to laugh.  :D

There are a lot of "old farts" in our membership, DDD.  I'll be 53 in July, myself.   ;)

Offline FineBari3

There are a lot of "old farts" in our membership, DDD.  I'll be 53 in July, myself.   ;)

Isn't that 'Olde Pharts'???
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Double Deal Decker

Yeah. I guess it could be said,..."Once a Stooge Fan, always a Stooge Fan." :D

Offline busybuddy

Since we're a little off topic here, I'll put in my two cents regarding the age issue.

My dad was thinking about it the other day, and he realized that this is his 50th year as a Stooges fan! He remembers seeing Joe Besser shorts and Have Rocket Will Travel when they were brand new in theatres!
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline curlysdame

I have never met or spoken to anyone, male or female, who has the same interest in The Three stooges or classic comedy unless they are linked this or some other message board. 

Me too!  And I gotta say, it really sucks sometimes when you're the only one you know who likes that stuff.  And as for collecting memorabilia... forget it!  Nobody I know understands that.  I have a pretty good sized Stooges collection; not that public domain C3 crap, but the real stuff.  The OOP books (including 'Stroke of Luck'), some original studio stills/head shots, a real Curly autograph, etc, etc.  To which my family is usually, "Oh God *shakes head*"  But, to each his/her own.  I may have to go to the Stooges Fan Club Mtg alone this year, but I'm just happy to be going.    :D

My next poll for us gals will be which is your favorite Stooge.  I have a theory about that, too!

getting back to the topic... I'm very curious to hear your theory!

Offline FineBari3

Me too!  And I gotta say, it really sucks sometimes when you're the only one you know who likes that stuff.  And as for collecting memorabilia... forget it!  Nobody I know understands that.  I have a pretty good sized Stooges collection; not that public domain C3 crap, but the real stuff.  The OOP books (including 'Stroke of Luck'), some original studio stills/head shots, a real Curly autograph, etc, etc.  To which my family is usually, "Oh God *shakes head*"  But, to each his/her own.  I may have to go to the Stooges Fan Club Mtg alone this year, but I'm just happy to be going.    :D

getting back to the topic... I'm very curious to hear your theory!

By all means, try to get out there! Everybody is very nice and will make you feel welcome!

Whenever I decide to close this current poll, I will take another poll, and I will reveal my theory then! Mwwwaaahahahahaha!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline curlysdame

By all means, try to get out there! Everybody is very nice and will make you feel welcome!

Waay ahead of you.  It's my 21st b.day present to myself, actually.  I booked my room yesterday.  I can't wait! I haven't been able to go since '03.   :'(

Offline curlysdame

...Today is Feb. 25th, which only means one thing.... t-minus 2 months until the Stooges fan club meeting!  Woo Hoo! ;D