Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Robert Tilton - Drunk on New wine!

Offline metaldams

This is the man who inspired all my new wine stuff, and I debated about posting this, but since i spoke about Tilton for so many years on these boards, he needs one airing.  One of those preachers who asks for $1,000 vows of faith, but he's really the epitome of evil.  That said, evil can be fun.  This is not meant to poke fun at anyone's religion, but this guy has to be seen to be believed.  Seconds 0:13 - 0;32 are the most surreal thing you will ever see.  Enjoy, laugh, be disgusted, whatever, but you will react. 

[youtube=425,350]6hgzBr3nNwE[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I know this is not for everyone, so to those not into this kind of thing, forgive my indulgence, but if this makes one person laugh or gasp in dismay, then I'm glad I posted it.  People are finally getting around to posting classic Robert Tilton footage on you tube without farting noises and loops added in, and this is the equivalent of watching a 1940 Curly short.  It starts "mellow" by Tilton standards and builds to a riveting climax, quite breath taking.  Please tell me I'm not the only one entertained by this kind of thing.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Dallas Tx lies in the buckle of the so-called "bible belt" - therefore it is easy to find ministers like Mr. Tilton attempting to loosen the buckle now and then.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline metaldams

Dallas Tx lies in the buckle of the so-called "bible belt" - therefore it is easy to find ministers like Mr. Tilton attempting to loosen the buckle now and then.

There's plenty of crooked ministers, and I seek them out on you tube, but in my opinion none are more entertaining than Tilton in his prime.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Bum

I assure you that you are definitely not the only one entertained by this type of thing! I have been a Tilton… ahem... disciple for over 20 years now. In the late 1980s, a friend of mine moved to Maryland for a year, and while he was there, he kept calling me and telling me about this TV preacher who had to be seen to be believed. Within a few years, Tilton finally made it to my local airwaves, and I immediately became a "fan". I was so entertained by watching him, I started taping him every day, and would dub the best bits onto a master "Best of Tilton" videotape. I had a full two hour tape of nothing but prime stuff: Yelling, shrieking, begging, and lots of speaking in tongues! In one of the biggest regrets of my life, I loaned that tape to a coworker who eventually became an ex-coworker and when I finally caught up with him a few years later, needless to say, he told me that he had lost the tape in one of his numerous moves. Every time I think about that tape being gone, it makes me want to cry… Especially now in the age of YouTube where I could have potentially shared it with millions of other Tilton fanatics. One consolation is the fact that I did start a second tape [with maybe about 15 minutes filled] which I still do have. It's around here somewhere amongst my approximately 2000 videotapes. One of these days when I find it, I promise I will post the contents on YouTube. I don't know what Tilton's current TV status is, but I do know that a few years ago he was still popping up at 4 AM on BET. He had mellowed a bit, had yet another new wife with him, and a lot of the things that made the older Tilton show so unintentionally funny were now missing [like the sounds of the phony ringing telephones in the background], however there were still occasional flashes of brilliance, and once again the thought crossed my mind to set my VCR [and yes I still own a VCR, what of it?] to tape him every night and start a new "best of" compilation, but I never got around to it. Last time I checked out BET in that timeslot, Tilton had been replaced by another preacher by the name of Kerney Thomas. You can see his clips on YouTube as well; he's no Tilton, but he's entertaining in his own psychotic way!

Offline metaldams

Another "disciple!"

I think a lot of people did mix tapes of Tilton.  I almost wish entire episodes would surface on DVD, but I doubt that will ever happen!  That sucks about losing your Tilton tapes, but the good news is there's guy on youtube named SufferinSprings who is posting lots of unedited footage.  After I posted that footage last night, I noticed he posted the entire 24 minute desk segment from the same session, which gets crazier as it goes along.  I'll post it later tonight, consider this the "deluxe edition" to the regualr 6:35 album edition above.

By the way, I like Kearney Thomas too, best screams in the business.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Here's a spoof of another guy when I was young and up late - Gene Scott - the cigar smoking, cussing, belching, farting preacher! Maybe America's first TRUE televangelist ...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Curly4444

You did it wrong.

The one that made me laugh was Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker  :D How did anyone ever them them seriously? Man you needed a brick mortar shovel to scrape off her make-up.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline metaldams

Gene Scott, may he rest in peace, was the man, and that's great footage.  My Dad and his friend, who generally don't have the same "passion" for televangelists like I do, found him funny back in the 80's.

More manna from Heaven.

Tilton singing......in tongues!

Bob, after his brawl with satan in his bedroom, complete with false start.

The Spirit of Truth - beyotch
- Doug Sarnecky