Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

OK, so what music do you like?

Offline metaldams

Sounds like a fair question, and this may influence what I put on this site in the future.

My favorite bands and artists are, in no particular order:

Metallica
Black Sabbath
The Beatles
Iron Maiden
The Rolling Stones
The Kinks
KISS
Jethro Tull
Judas Priest
Elvis Presley

I guess that would be my top 10 if pressed, but I of course like tons more music.  What about you guys?

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline locoboymakesgood

I'm pretty diverse. My favorite would probably be Rap and Hip-Hop (none of that gangster shit), mainly because I do a lot of DJing and mixing on the side.. although I also enjoy techno/electronica and alternative rock/punk.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I like all of the groups you listed, with the exception of Elvis, and of those I'd rank Tull at the top.  (I've been listening to Tull since 1971.)  I also like (in no particular order, other than the first one):

• Pink Floyd (tied with Jethro Tull for all-time favorite)
  • Coldplay
  • Rammstein
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • Brobdingnagian Bards
  • Loreena McKennitt
  • Steeleye Span
  • Bloodhound Gang
  • Five for Fighting
  • Good Charlotte
  • System of a Down
  • Sublime
  • Green Day
  • Squirrel Nut Zippers
  • Weird Al Yankovic
  • Simon and Garfunkel
  • Dire Straits
  • ZZ Top

to name a few.  (That's not counting my mp3's of Beethoven, Bach and Wagner.)

I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to music.   ;D

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Oh, my God, Becky - look at her butt -

Listed also in NPO

Devo
Chase
Usher
Maroon 5 (this one is perfect for Stooge fans to mess with the name)
EMF
Gene Pitney
Marty Robbins
Bob Dylan
David Bowie
Dire Straits
... to name just a few
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline FineBari3

My favorite groups are:

The Who
Kiss
The Beatles
Elvis
The Knack
Blondie
Judas Priest

I also love the big bands, especially Glenn Miller and Stan Kenton. I used to listen to a lot of classical music, but I have got away from that for some reason.

I used to work in a used record store in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh called Jerry's Records. The store moved to Squirrel Hill a few years ago, and is strictly vinyl.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Mike Lipincranz

Here's something a little more interesting and above all STOOGE related:

If the boys WERE alive today, what music or groups do you think they would like???  Personalities would dictate this I think.......Curly-hard-rock, fast ,snappy rock and roll.......Moe-rock, rock ballads.... Larry-Anything instrumental, ie ie "Devil Went Down to Georgia" or Fire on High- ELO?   Just for S**** and Giggles. [pie]

Offline JazzBill

Robert Johnson
Elmore James
Jelly Roll Morton
Benny Goodman
Harry James
Gene Krupa
Count Basie
Howlin Wolf
B B King
Chuck Berry
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline busybuddy

Older Stuff:
The Beatles
Bob Dylan
The Beach Boys
Dean Martin
Johnny Cash
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles Solo

Newer Stuff:
The White Stripes
KT Tunstall
I think Birdie will go for that!

stooged and confused

Now you're talking my language..the Stooges and music.

I have way too many artists to list as my tastes are all over the map, but The Beatles are my all time favorite group and I've been collecting Stooges and rock memorabilia for decades now.

As a DJ for 30 years, I have amassed an eclectic library and have a large stash of original vinyl that I'll take with me to the next plateau. Keep your sterile sounding CD's. Nothing compares with listening to rock music on a vinyl record, especially one that was pressed on thick vinyl until they started thinning the pressings during the mid 70's. Even then, they still sound better if they were taken care of. You lose the raw sound and bass on CD.

Offline archiezappa

Here is a list of some of my favorite musicians:

The Monkees
The Beatles
The dB's
The Doors
Weird Al Yankovic
The Statler Brothers
The Oak Ridge Boys
Elvis Presley
Johnny Cash
Michael Nesmith
AC/DC
KISS
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Queen
Buck Owens
Jerry Reed

As you can see, I have a wide variety of musical tastes.  I enjoy music that sounds good, no matter what the genre.  I have a very wide range of CD's and LP's in my collection.  Yes, I do still have a few 8-tracks lurking around.

Offline metaldams

Great lists, people.

One thing I've noticed about my tatses is that when I was younger, I pretty much only got into metal bands.  I can't remember the last time I've liked a new metal artist, as it's all about aggression and nothing else these days.  I mean, I like Slayer, but I can't listen to 1,000 other bands that sound like that.  But the older metal artists I used to listen to I still love.  I'll put Iron Maiden up against anybody, to this day.

I tend to get into good songwriters and or good singers now.  Ray Davies is a guy whose songs I can really relate to, both from a humor and deeply emotional point of view.  I've always loved The Beatles and as for singers, I've learned that even Elvis's junk recordings are at least 2 star quality simply because of his voice and charisma.  The reason why i liked that Howlin' Wolf video was because of the voice.

Jazz and classical worlds I appreciate intellectually, can listen to once in a while, but can't emotionally get behind.  Maybe it's from years of teachers telling me this is what I'm "supposed" to like.  Eh, whatever.
- Doug Sarnecky