[youtube=425,350]VWqN2bUthvk[/youtube]

Part two

[youtube=425,350]_7CKdKHLJkA[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
ahh uncensored version, very good that.
Always enjoyed this short and had this version taped before all the hoopla concerning basically nothing at all
Nice to see in its entirety again.

Robin

Offline metaldams

What was censored?  Was it Larry's "Mammy" remark or the woman getting punched?  Watching this short just now, I figured these may be reasons why this short is now so rare.

A standard Shemp short IMO, and that's not necssarily a bad thing.  The thing that stands out the most is that for once, Emil Sitka actually looks his age.  He was usually made up to look older than he really was.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline locoboymakesgood

I uploaded Slaphappy Sleuths a couple of months ago and it was removed.. surprising Sony hasn't seen this yet.

One of my favorite Shemp's by far. I have a lot of fond memories for this one stemming back from when I was a kid. The mammy remark was always removed, and for time compression the scene with Larry eating popcorn out of the tailpipe was always cut out.

I already have this uncut, but thanks for sharing. :D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

What was censored?  Was it Larry's "Mammy" remark or the woman getting punched?  Watching this short just now, I figured these may be reasons why this short is now so rare.

Yeah, that "Mammy" part was also censored on The Family Channel. I have an uncut copy of this short, but it's not a good print like this one. This person seems to have recorded this short from WCIU, which I don't have unfortunately.

Hopefully, one day, we'll get this on DVD when Sony gets up to the Shemp shorts. Since we haven't even heard any news yet for Volume 2, it looks like it's going to be a long time before we see this funny short on DVD.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I always loved the part where the crook is punching out both moe and shemp in fast motion......Also the coat gag is always good as well.

And Just How DID they get the car in there?

Robin

xraffle

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
That's a question I've been asking myself for years. 

Well, a soundstage is a 3 sided room. No big deal to bring in a car from the 4th side.

In Detroit, there are stories of people taking apart old cars, carrying the parts up into a person's apartment (that they broke into), and reassembling it!

:D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!