Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The U.S. Presidential Election

Poll

Which of the remaining seven candidates (Dem. & Rep.) would YOU prefer to see as President?

Hillary Clinton (D)
3 (17.6%)
Mike Gravel (D)
1 (5.9%)
Mike Huckabee (R)
0 (0%)
John McCain (R)
4 (23.5%)
Barack Obama (D)
4 (23.5%)
Ron Paul (R)
2 (11.8%)
Mitt Romney (R)
2 (11.8%)
None of the Above
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 09, 2008, 09:17:19 AM

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Just for the hell of it, I thought I'd start my own Presidential Poll here.*  Any member can vote (you don't have to be an American), and you can change your vote before the poll closes (in a week), but you can't see the results until you cast your own vote.  For fairness, I've listed the remaining candidates alphabetically.

Feel free to say why you support a particular candidate and to debate the issues, but let's not get into personal sniping over them (even if you know the other guy is an idiot.)   You can always through a pie at them, though!  ;)

[pie]

* I'm a natural born trouble maker.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Mr. Dunrobin):

Please forgive me if I am responding to this poll incorrectly.  But I would like to cast a vote for Mitt Romney.  Thank you so very much for helping me out and have a super week.

Thankfully
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline JazzBill

Dear Sir: (Mr. Dunrobin):

Please forgive me if I am responding to this poll incorrectly.  But I would like to cast a vote for Mitt Romney.  Thank you so very much for helping me out and have a super week.

Thankfully
Moron4392 [3stooges]
Hello 4392/ When you are logged in, scroll above Dunrobin's post. You should see where to vote. You didn't have to tell everybody who your choice was. ( I guess it's a little too late to tell you that now )  [confused2]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Jazz Bill):

Thank you so very much for your kind help and your guidelines to help me.  Remember that I am a Moron.  Please have a great rest of your week.

Moron4392 [3stooges]   

Offline locoboymakesgood

Not really a fan of any of our candidates this year but I cast my vote.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline falsealarms

xraffle

I probably will get shot for saying this, but I really don't understand why people would vote for Hilary. She's been the senator in my state (NY) for two terms and has done absolutely nothing.

Offline Justin T

I probably will get shot for saying this, but I really don't understand why people would vote for Hilary. She's been the senator in my state (NY) for two terms and has done absolutely nothing.

Your not the only one. I'm a New Yorker and I can't stand that women. I consider her a two faced liar who has shifted her positions on
issues so many times she makes John Kerry's flip floper label pale in comparison. She hasnt done anything special here in NY.

I don't want the Clintons back in control of the White House.

I'm not a liberal Democrat anymore. (I was back in the 90's) Now I'm an Independent conservative who usually supports and votes Republican.

I like and respect McCain, but I have alot of issues with some of his more liberal political stands. I wanted Thompson but he never caught fire.
Huckabee is similar too McCain, he's pro life, strong on national defense and support of Israel, but like McCain his stuff on Imigration and some
other issues concern me, and Romney seems good but I'm not sure about him either. He used to be liberal but now he says he's a conservative
(biggest example was him going from pro-choice to pro-life) but can I be sure he's forreal? I still don't know.

Either way, I'm probably going to vote for whoever is the Republican nominee, even if its McCain

Anyone but Hilary, hell I could stomach Obama for at least 4 years, but not her. Even though he's a liberal and I disagree with most of what he
believes in, I respect Obama for his integrity, he is a great speaker and seems to really believe in what he says. He is a very likeable guy and genuine,
I just don't agree with him on the issues that matter to me.

"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline locoboymakesgood

I lived in Buffalo during most of Hilary's tenure as Senator. I wasn't old enough to vote for her the first time, but I voted against her when I was of age the second time.

For as many times as she visited the area, basically saying she was going to push through much needed restorations, renovations, and more-necessary an entire OVERHAUL of most of the city of Buffalo... nothing was ever done. Nothing. And now you have one of the most delapitated larger metropolitan areas in the country. No thanks. That's one of the reasons why I left to begin with.

Needless to say, as humorous as the SNL skits would be, she did not garnish a vote from me.. although she won California anyway.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I lived in Buffalo during most of Hilary's tenure as Senator. I wasn't old enough to vote for her the first time, but I voted against her when I was of age the second time.

For as many times as she visited the area, basically saying she was going to push through much needed restorations, renovations, and more-necessary an entire OVERHAUL of most of the city of Buffalo... nothing was ever done. Nothing. And now you have one of the most delapitated larger metropolitan areas in the country. No thanks. That's one of the reasons why I left to begin with.

Needless to say, as humorous as the SNL skits would be, she did not garnish a vote from me.. although she won California anyway.

I left Buffalo back in 1988.  It was still a pretty cool town back then (especially areas like Elmwood Village and the University district), but it was definitely declining.  (I left because I couldn't stand the obnoxious, thieving government (city or state) anymore, and I imagine it's a lot worse these days.)

I can guarantee you, though, that as bad as Buffalo may be, Detroit and Flint here in Michigan are far worse.  We've lost something on the order of 500,000 jobs in this state since 2000.  Our beloved Governor is fond of 5-year plans but they never accomplish much beyond destroying our economy, much like those of her Soviet predecessors.  The only "solutions" to our problems coming out of Lansing seem to be buttloads of new taxes and still more asinine, burdensome regulations.  Michigan government is quickly becoming as obnoxious as New York's was.

I guess it's no secret whom I am voting for.  I frankly consider Ron Paul the only major party candidate running for President that doesn't deserve to be hung for treason.  I intend to vote for Dr. Paul in November if I have to write his name in on the ballot.  My vote for him in the primary last month is the only vote that I can honestly say that I am proud of casting in thirty-two years of voting.

xraffle

This is what I don't understand. It's very obvious that Hillary does nothing. She's such a phony. It astounds me how she wins these elections. She even won New York in the primary. It looks to me that she might become the next president. I just don't understand what people see in her. Apparently, people like her. So for those of you who favor her, if there is something wonderful about her that I'm neglecting, please feel free to tell me what it is.

Offline Pat The Stooge

I myself, am a moderate Democrat. I'm anti Bush and have been against this war since the very beginnning.

I personally have nothing against Hillary and respect her and her family BUT, I believe she has NO business runnning for President! AS much as I loved the Clinton "90s dot.com era", I resent the Clinton campaign and can't stand the latinos' and feminist' stanch hate towards  Obama so I'm am seriously considering jumping the Obama bandwagon ever though I'm more for Al Gore and will be looking foward to a 2012 run with him.

Be as it may, As a Houston resident with  Californian roots. I'm tired of the neo-con Base and would not like to see another Republican win the white house. We're not going to find another Reagan for a while so I think the GOP should just throw in the towel this year.

Though I'm an African american, I really haven't supported Obama that much because as a black person myself there's a stereotype that blacks will only vote for blacks but after Barack Obama broke the race barrier in the south among whites I'm joining thier crusade.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Funny, we are 180 degrees different in our political leanings, thoughts about the war, geographical (US wise) differences. But we both suffer from:

"Electile Dysfunction": The inability to become aroused over any of the choices for President put forth by either party in the 2008 election year.

Have a pie!  [pie]

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

Personally, I'd rather have Bush as president than Hillary. One thing I have to say I like about Bush is that he sticks up for what he believes in. However, rushing this country into war....BIG mistake!!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Personally, I'd rather have Bush as president than Hillary. One thing I have to say I like about Bush is that he sticks up for what he believes in. However, rushing this country into war....BIG mistake!!
As much as I despise Hillary.. there's no way I could put up with another 4 years of the Bush Administration. I'd probably move to Canada or something at that point.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Although I wish Ron Paul would get the Republican nomination, the chances of that are about as good as me getting the republican nomination. If that cunty shrew Hillary gets the nomination I'll vote for McCain in a meager attempt to cock-block her from the Oval Office. However I don't think it'll matter: neither Clinton or Obama have a chance to win. I just don't see the South or Mid-West voting for a black dude or a woman. Both would have a better chance than an atheist though.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline locoboymakesgood

I think this thread has temporarily died because everyone is still in awe of the girl in that Obama video.
Okay that was like fucking hilarious. And that chick was hot. hahahahahha

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Shemps#1):

Just a short note to say that I agree with you whole heartly.  Clinton is a two faced SOB and Obamba is a JA.  I would love to see Ron Paul get the Republican ticket but obviously not so I with you on McCain.  I am still somewhat new to this site and I did not know you could thoughts like yours or else I would of thank you Sir.  Have a great rest of your week.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I see little real difference in substance between Clinton, Obama, McCain or Huckabee; they merely differ over which ways they should screw over everyone else.  None of them have the least bit of respect for the Constitution or the rule of law, and they all believe that the State is supreme over the individual.  Frankly, I consider them all to be traitors, and I firmly believe that this country is going to completely collapse in the next few years regardless of which of these scumbags take office.

I don't see much difference in being sent to a concentration camp by a Nazi or to being sent to a labor camp by a Communist.  Either way I'd be totally screwed.   ;)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Diane,

I take you're referring to my salty language? Go right on ahead and swear as much as you want, we are staunch supporters of the first amendment here. Oh, and please call me Jim, "Sir" makes me feel old.

When in doubt...fuck it.

Rob, I agree with you whole-heartedly. It's just that my stomach would turn if Hillary were to go down as the first female president. I can't stand that bitch. I'm not against a woman becoming president, but I am against HC becoming president.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Yeah... Hillary Rotten Clinton as POTUS makes me want to puke.

I gave $$ to Thompson... was forced to vote Romney in the primaries...

Now I think I'll write in Daffy Duck. Six of one... 1/2 a dozen of the other.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline FineBari3

Yeah... Hillary Rotten Clinton as POTUS makes me want to puke.

I gave $$ to Thompson... was forced to vote Romney in the primaries...

Now I think I'll write in Daffy Duck. Six of one... 1/2 a dozen of the other.

James

POTUS.....man, I haven't heard that in a while!!!

This election is one of the most important elections in this country's history, and I thank GOD I am not teaching American Government anymore!   [whoo]

BTW, Rob....what happened to all of those 'dirty' smileys you used to have here?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

xraffle

Oh, and please call me Jim, "Sir" makes me feel old.

She addresses all of us as "sir." I think it's because she's a moron. ;D

Only joking. I just like the username.