Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge Episode Name

Offline zfrankowski

Quick question ... Which episode does Curly get his feet stuck in cement?  I thought it might be How High is Up? but I wasn't sure.  If I remember correctly he was standing in front of a swing set possibly.  Haven't seen the ep for a long time, but it's my brother's favourite.  Would kinda like to get it for Christmas for him.  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks - Zack

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!

Offline zfrankowski

Actually I should mention that his feet were stuck in square cement blocks - and I think he was trying to walk in them. :)

Quick question ... Which episode does Curly get his feet stuck in cement?  I thought it might be How High is Up? but I wasn't sure.  If I remember correctly he was standing in front of a swing set possibly.  Haven't seen the ep for a long time, but it's my brother's favourite.  Would kinda like to get it for Christmas for him.  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks - Zack

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!

Pilsner Panther

That's  in "The Sitter-Downers," and the whole extended, outdoor scene of the Stooges trying to build a house is hilarious! Ted Healy's sister Marcia is a featured player, and she has some very funny lines.

;D

Offline zfrankowski

Excellent thanks for your response!!  Now in the whole extended scene - what do you mean?  Is the episode with extended scene available on DVD?

Thanks again - Zack

Offline zfrankowski

I found the episode as part of the Nutty But Nice compilation.  Does that show the scene where Curly gets his foot stuck in the cement blocks?

Thanks again - I appreciate all your help!
Zack

Offline Baggie

Yes, it does show this scene, and it is a very funny scene!
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Pilsner Panther

Excellent thanks for your response!!  Now in the whole extended scene - what do you mean?  Is the episode with extended scene available on DVD?

Thanks again - Zack

What I meant by "extended scene" is that the house-building sequence goes on for much of the short— basically, most of the second reel. It's certainly one of the most memorable moments of the Curly era, especially when Moe and Larry try to get the cement blocks off of Curly's feet... with dynamite!

:o

Offline zfrankowski

That's perfect!  That is exactly the scene I'm looking for.  I remember it now when you mention the dynamite!!!  Thanks again for all your help and knowledge.  I thought I was a stooge-a-holic, but your knowledge surprises mine!

Zack

Excellent thanks for your response!! Now in the whole extended scene - what do you mean? Is the episode with extended scene available on DVD?

Thanks again - Zack

What I meant by "extended scene" is that the house-building sequence goes on for much of the short— basically, most of the second reel. It's certainly one of the most memorable moments of the Curly era, especially when Moe and Larry try to get the cement blocks off of Curly's feet... with dynamite!

:o

Offline Double Deal Decker

That is a very funny scene !!  Curly winds up in a tree , and Marcia Healy utters one of the best lines a supporting cast member ever had with her..."Come down outta there ,...'Tar-zin'  !!" ;D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
...but your knowledge surprises mine!

ROTFLMAO! [rotflmao]

Now there's a malapropism worthy of the Stooges if ever I heard one!   ;D

Pilsner Panther

...but your knowledge surprises mine!

ROTFLMAO! [rotflmao]

Now there's a malapropism worthy of the Stooges if ever I heard one!   ;D

My mother always referred to Mr. Spock of "Star Trek" as "Dr. Spock," and I don't know whether that qualifies as a malapropism. You'd have to ask Mrs. Malaprop herself (or Richard Brinsley Sheridan). But they're both so dead that they couldn't tell you!

::)

Dictionary definition: Malaprop, n., after Mrs. Malaprop, a character in The Rivals, a play by Richard Brinsley Sheridan, from malapropos:

Word History: “She's as headstrong as an allegory on the banks of the Nile” and “He is the very pineapple of politeness” are two of the absurd pronouncements from Mrs. Malaprop that explain why her name became synonymous with ludicrous misuse of language.

A character in Richard Brinsley Sheridan's play The Rivals (1775), Mrs. Malaprop consistently uses language malapropos, that is, inappropriately.

The word malapropos comes from the French phrase mal à propos, made up of mal, “badly,” à, “to,” and propos, “purpose, subject,” and means “inappropriate.” The Rivals was a popular play, and Mrs. Malaprop became enshrined in a common noun, first in the form malaprop and later in malapropism, which is first recorded in 1849.

Perhaps that is what Mrs. Malaprop feared when she said, “If I reprehend any thing in this world, it is the use of my oracular tongue, and a nice derangement of epitaphs!”

So there!

[pound]

And a Murray Crispness to Owls!