Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge Calendar Gripe

Guest · 9 · 1799

Jimmie Adams

I understand why the Stooge Calender makers decrease the resolution of the Stooge stills and put some design through the image, which I believe they do to keep people from making scans and selling them on ebay (stills were not copyrighted).

Yet for the third year in a row the Stooge calender makers (Day Dream) have ommitted Shemp.  Now we could argue the who's funnier, Curly/Shemp till the cows come home.  However it is a given that Shemp is the funniest looking of all the Stooges and some of the Stooge stills with Shemp still can make one laugh.

I know that Columbia stopped using studio lighting for the shorts stills in 1948 (they for the most part are flash lit), but there are some great stills nonetheless.

Each Stooge calendar should have at least 1/3 Shemp stills.

Offline archiezappa

In many ways, when it comes to Stooge merchandising, it seems that they have left Shemp out of the picture.  It's too bad, too.  I have a Three Stooges logo baseball cap that I wear often.  Yes, it has Moe, Larry & Curly.  But I would also like one that has Moe, Larry & Shemp.  They just don't make it.  I always wondered about that.

Offline locoboymakesgood

It's a shame that Shemp always gets left in the wind. We actually had a conversation not too long ago about the same subject.

I'd love a Stooges Calandar with some Shemp themed months for sure.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Curley91

It would be only fitting to have some Shemp pics in the calendar as well.  He has been hiding in Curly's shadow for way too long. 

Shemp hasn't been on much stooge merchandise at all.  I remember once seeing a model of the stooges hanging out on the flagpole, inspired by "Up In Daisy's Penthouse."  It is quite rare, being it is one of the very few Three Stooges products on which Shemp is featured as the third stooge.

Yet for the third year in a row the Stooge calender makers (Day Dream) have ommitted Shemp.  Now we could argue the who's funnier, Curly/Shemp till the cows come home.

Are people for Curly or Shemp?  This is far more important than we may think, for some people believe there are only 2 kinds of people..........

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Lets make it fair and include the 2 Joes as well, why not.  (half a month for DeRita though) lol.

Offline busybuddy

Which calendar did you buy? The one that came out this year with the black and white cover (not the purple cover) does have a picture of Moe Larry and Shemp. it's the picture where Shemp has a basket on his head and theyre all lifting up their pant legs. I was just looking through some old calendars and a few years back, one of them had more Shemp pics than Curly! Also, the Stooges desk calendars always had pics with Curly, Shemp, and Joe Besser.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Which calendar did you buy? The one that came out this year with the black and white cover (not the purple cover) does have a picture of Moe Larry and Shemp. it's the picture where Shemp has a basket on his head and theyre all lifting up their pant legs. I was just looking through some old calendars and a few years back, one of them had more Shemp pics than Curly! Also, the Stooges desk calendars always had pics with Curly, Shemp, and Joe Besser.
The pathetic thing is the one with the purple cover is the official one, sanctioned by Comedy III.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline FineBari3

The pathetic thing is the one with the purple cover is the official one, sanctioned by Comedy III.

....and not surprising!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Jimmie Adams

I didn't know there was more than one calendar available.  I shall seek out the Shemp sensitive one.