Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"A Merry Mix-Up" Original Poster on eBay

Offline locoboymakesgood

I'd prefer an original Curly, but meh.

Click Here
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline busybuddy

This is the poster that says Shemp, Larry, and Joe.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline 3Stooges

It's a nice one. I also have that poster. It's the best Besser 1 sheet from the the shorts. And arguably the best of the Stooge/Besser shorts. The Besser posters are super rare. I'd even venture to say they may be rarer than some of the Curly's. Of course Curly is king, but the Besser ones are cool too.

I'd love to know who the advertising people were who didn't know it was Shemp who died.

By the way, the Muscle Up a Little Closer poster also says SHEMP !

Hoofs and Goofs correctly says Moe.

Offline locoboymakesgood

It's a nice one. I also have that poster. It's the best Besser 1 sheet from the the shorts. And arguably the best of the Stooge/Besser shorts. The Besser posters are super rare. I'd even venture to say they may be rarer than some of the Curly's. Of course Curly is king, but the Besser ones are cool too.

I'd love to know who the advertising people were who didn't know it was Shemp who died.

By the way, the Muscle Up a Little Closer poster also says SHEMP !

Hoofs and Goofs correctly says Moe.
That's interesting to know.

I remember last year a one sheet of Uncivil Warriors went for over three grand. I would figure with a Besser like this, especially incorrectly billing Moe as Shemp.. would go for a lot. We'll see.

Curley91

That's interesting to know.
I would figure with a Besser like this, especially incorrectly billing Moe as Shemp.. would go for a lot. We'll see.

This is cool to see.  It is a great poster.  Plus, it is interesting to notice the billing blunder.  How come Moe was mistaken for Shemp in the first place?  I NEVER remember seeing any of the Joe Besser one sheets before.  I would think this would sell for a lot as well, being it is one of the best Joe shorts. 

Offline garystooge

A Merry Mix-Up is also the last Stooges short that Columbia produced a 1-sheet for.   There were no posters for the remaining 13 Besser shorts.

Offline locoboymakesgood

There's also a Swing Parade of 1946 poster up as well.