Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Differences Between the 1982 and 1994 Three Stooges Scrapbook Printings?

Offline locoboymakesgood

I have the 82 version of the Scrapbook and was wondering what the difference is between the one I have and the one that was re-released in 1994 with a different cover. Any added material, anything different? Just wondering if I'm missing out on much as to purchase a second copy.. it's by far my favorite book on the boys but wasn't sure if it warranted another purchase.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline locoboymakesgood

I'm sure Besser and DeRita have dates of death in the second :)
Well I figure'd that. I just didn't know if there was any added info on Soup to Nuts since that wasn't found until 1986, or any other Stooge related news I may have missed.

Offline falsealarms

Offline archiezappa

I have the 1999 edition of The Three Stooges Scrapbook.  It does include the dates when the two Joe's died.  In the filmography, "Soup To Nuts" has a cast listing and a plot synopsis.  Also included, on the last page, are some last minute updates to the filmography.  It's a list of several appearances not previously mentioned, like Larry Fine in "Stage Mother," etc.

Now, I have never seen an original first edition of The Three Stooges Scrapbook.  I've only seen the one that I have (1999 edition).  If you have some questions about it, feel free to ask.  I can look anything up for you.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I have the 1999 edition of The Three Stooges Scrapbook.  It does include the dates when the two Joe's died.  In the filmography, "Soup To Nuts" has a cast listing and a plot synopsis.  Also included, on the last page, are some last minute updates to the filmography.  It's a list of several appearances not previously mentioned, like Larry Fine in "Stage Mother," etc.

Now, I have never seen an original first edition of The Three Stooges Scrapbook.  I've only seen the one that I have (1999 edition).  If you have some questions about it, feel free to ask.  I can look anything up for you.
The more you know, I guess. I wasn't aware there was a 1999 printing.

Offline Justin T

The more you know, I guess. I wasn't aware there was a 1999 printing.

Neither did I, my copy of the Scrapbook is the 1994 reprint. It has Besser's death listed but not Curly Joe's. Mine
also has info on Soup to Nuts and other obscure stuff that wasn't know in 82. Like Larry in Stage Mother
and that Healy and the Stooges were in Myrt and Marge. I had forgotten this, but some folks thought they were
not in it since the movie wasn't seen for decades untill it was put on cable in the 90's, but there is a photo of the
Stooges, Healy and Bonnie thats in Moe's book thats from Marge but it's erroniously listed as being from Dancing Lady
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline archiezappa

It sounds like there's not much difference between the 1994 and the 1999 editions.  Mine has the date Curly Joe died.  My guess is that's probably the only major difference between '94 and '99.

Speaking of "Myrt And Marge," I've never seen it.  I'd love to.  I wonder if Universal would ever issue it on DVD.  If they were going to, now is the time.  With the original 190 shorts being issued, they need to take advantage of the publicity.  I wonder if anyone in charge of these studios ever reads forums like this.

Offline locoboymakesgood

It sounds like there's not much difference between the 1994 and the 1999 editions.  Mine has the date Curly Joe died.  My guess is that's probably the only major difference between '94 and '99.

Speaking of "Myrt And Marge," I've never seen it.  I'd love to.  I wonder if Universal would ever issue it on DVD.  If they were going to, now is the time.  With the original 190 shorts being issued, they need to take advantage of the publicity.  I wonder if anyone in charge of these studios ever reads forums like this.
I wouldn't hold my breath on a Myrt and Marge release. As of late Universal has been pretty lame when it comes to classic movies on DVD. The only way I would ever see it put out would have been in some Stooge-themed box, similar to what they did to the Paramount-era Marx Bros. Collecition, but being this is the only Universal film the boys appeared in we can scratch that off.

Very thankfully, a generous Stoogephile here is helping me in obtaining a copy so I really look forward to watching it.