Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Best Stooge moment

Offline FineBari3

Other great moments,

Moe's fall from the table in "Pardon My Scotch", ( later re-used in "Dizzy Detectives"). Moe broke some ribs as a result of the fall, but got up and finished the scene before passing out. What a "trooper !!"

Curly's battle w/the oyster in his oyster stew in "Dutiful But Dumb."

Curly's  facial expressions and "banter" as Moe tries to pry his head out the mineshaft entrance in "Cactus Makes Perfect."

I was just watching that the other day, from the new set of DVDs!  I think Moe was actually unconscious for about two seconds! Knowing what really happened during that scene makes me respect Moe that much more!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Double Deal Decker

Yeah, I guess one could say that Moe was really dedicated to his craft. There are other examples of him "playing hurt" , so to speak, in the shorts. The one that comes to my mind at the moment is when he is running down the hallway fleeing from "the goon" in "Who Done It?" He is noticeably favoring one leg.  Over the years, actors who worked w/the boys in the shorts said it was very easy to get hurt. I, too, respect the Stooges for their dedication to their work.

Offline Double Deal Decker

Another terrific Stooge moment occurs in "Who Done It?" when the boys  are standing in front of the panel that has opened up to reveal the "goon" standing behind them. Watching as Moe slaps Shemp and Larry and is slapped in return by the "goon" always breaks me up. Moe's final "WHY YOU !!" as he turns to see the "goon" standing behind him is priceless. Great scene. [3stooges]

Offline archiezappa

Archiezappa,

I could be wrong on this and I don't have the short to watch, but.......

Doesn't Shemp say, "I'm gonna do you a big favor, will you marry me?"

Ed

You may be right.  I'll have to watch the episode again to make sure.

moe-jo

I like it when in Malice in the Palace when Shemp and Moe think Larry is killing the cat and dog and then he brings out the food and they think they're eating the cat and dog and then they start crying.  It's so hilarious!

Also in Men in Black:

"Cotton!"

*Curly throws cotton at Moe*

Offline archiezappa

From "The Ghost Talks":

Shemp:  I think I heard a crack.

Moe:  The door?

Shemp:  No, my head!

Offline JazzBill

One of my favorite Stooge moments also happens in "Who Done It". Not only is this one of my favorite Shemp shorts, it is one of my favorites, out of all the shorts. It just happens to be on Youtube.

[youtube=425,350]vN3lrYBshjI[/youtube]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I notice the person who put that on there slowed it down to show Shemps double.   I did that on several shorts but just to see them close their eyes before a eyepoke or slap.

Favorite "Slow Down" is in "Goof On The Roof" with the fake Shemp crashing thru the TV set from the roof.   That always is a good one.

Shemp: I Faw Down

Robin