Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Best Stooge moment

Offline Monofletch

I know you guys have a favorite stooge moment (or two).......

I likethis one....

"Sorry about the leg buddy. War?"

"No bananna peel!"

or

"Go that way!"

LOL!
Dewy Cheatem and How

If you had a dollar in this pocket...and a dollar in that pocket what would you have? Some one else's pants!

Offline Hollister

How about the one line in Ants in the Pantry, where the cocktail/maid lady says to Moe, "I like you too you big handsome mouse catcher.

The Stooges where GREAT and there's so many to pick from.

Ed

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
The bit from "Studio Stoops" gets me everytime.   8)

Larry:  Hey, you better bolt that door in case our adversaries come back.
Moe:  Good idea.  Adversaries? 
Larry:  Yeah.
Moe:  Since when did you get so smart?
Larry:  Oh, I've been smart all the time only you didn't know it.  Say, when I come back I'll give you the password.
Moe:  Brilliant.  What will it be?
Larry:  Open the door!
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Justin T

The bit from "Studio Stoops" gets me everytime.   8)

Larry:  Hey, you better bolt that door in case our adversaries come back.
Moe:  Good idea.  Adversaries? 
Larry:  Yeah.
Moe:  Since when did you get so smart?
Larry:  Oh, I've been smart all the time only you didn't know it.  Say, when I come back I'll give you the password.
Moe:  Brilliant.  What will it be?
Larry:  Open the door!

I love that one too Moe, one of my favorite Stooge moments. Larry got a good one in there
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Monofletch

My spelling will be off on this one but how about this one.....

Larry, "In crime- it is theoretically propounded that passion, inhibition, and, delinquincy are the main contributing factors."

Or in Disorder in the Court...
Curly, "Is everybody dumb?"
Dewy Cheatem and How

If you had a dollar in this pocket...and a dollar in that pocket what would you have? Some one else's pants!

Offline JazzBill

I always liked the bit when the Stooges go to their room to get money for Joe in " Saved By The Belle ". Knowing the Stooges are up to something Joe asks, " What kind of a fool do you take me for ? Curly replies, " Why, is there more than one kind ?   So true.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Curley91

There are so many to choose from, but my top 2 faves are

Curly: I'm tempermental!
Moe: Yeah, 95% temper, 5% mental
(Saved By The Belle)

Larry: You know, fish is great brain food
Moe: You know, you should fish for a whale!!
(Pardon My Clutch)

And, another great one is in "All The World's A Stooge" when Curly 'acts his age!'

Offline Hollister

Those are funny ones for sure. 

Another one of my favorites is when the Boys join the RAF to become pilots, but they're stuck in a garage working on cars.  Then one of them says to Curly, how did we know you would have to take an intelligents test and what did he tell them when they asked you what's a navigator and Curly replies:

I told them a navigator swims in a swamp until it turns onto a suitcase and bites like this, making a barking sound and moving his hands like the mouth of an alligator.  Moe say no, it bites like this and gives Curly a double slap on the face.

You have to see Curly's facial expressions to really get the full effect of the above.  The more I think about it their facial expressions are as funny as the words.

I don't know the name of this Short, but it was funny.

Also included in this Short is when Vern Dent says we Germans never get stuck and sits down on the map full of pins.

Offline s-mac

Curly in Disorder in the court is hillarious.

I also love the bit in "pardon my Scotch" where Moe throws a pineapple at the singers head and the pineapple bobs up and down on the way..

Offline Monofletch

Spotted paint!
Dewy Cheatem and How

Offline Hammond Eggar

Everyone seems to be mentioning great lines of dialogue, of which there are many.  Because the Stooges were so gifted at physical comedy, most people forget, or overlook, the fact they were great at verbal comedy, as well.  That said, my all-time favorite moment from a Three Stooges film is Curly's Rhumba dance sequence from Three Smart Saps.  That is truely one of the funniest moments I have ever seen on film.  That bit always cracks me up! :laugh:
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Monofletch

Knock kneed and double jointed with a califlower ear........
Dewy Cheatem and How

Offline Double Deal Decker

How about Moe and Larry at opposite corners of the hallway intersection in "Who Done It?"

Larry,..."Hey, Moe !! It's Me!! It's Larry !!"

Moe,...."Larry? Larry is that you? Larry say SOMETHING, ya' NITWIT !!! Where are you?

Or this bit from "Half Shot Shooters",....

Moe,..."And you !! Boxcars wasn't good enough for ya'"

Curly,.."I don't know. I'm I stowaway."

Moe,..."Well stow THIS away, (SLAP) !!!

Moe's "slap" gets me every time. :D

I also enjoy Larry's many facial expressions, and his antics in the background while Moe and Curly, or Moe and Shemp have the "up front" screen time. He is a joy to watch. ;D

Another great moment is the phone booth scene between Moe and Shemp in "Brideless Groom." Moe's mounting frustration w/the goings on that lead to he and Shemp standing face to face lead him to exclaim,...."No. Wait. Wait. Wait. Take it easy. Now look,....We ain't gettin' no place fast. Let's get at this thing the RIGHT WAY !!!" A great scene in one of my favorite Shemp shorts.

Offline FineBari3

Another great moment is the phone booth scene between Moe and Shemp in "Brideless Groom." Moe's mounting frustration w/the goings on that lead to he and Shemp standing face to face lead him to exclaim,...."No. Wait. Wait. Wait. Take it easy. Now look,....We ain't gettin' no place fast. Let's get at this thing the RIGHT WAY !!!" A great scene in one of my favorite Shemp shorts.

Yeah! One of my favorite scenes! Moe almost gets everybody calmed down, then really lets loose!

My favorite Stooge moment is from Brideless Groom as well; when they are tearing the piano apart, and poor Emil Sitka comes over and says "My piano!", Larry says "Shut up!", and shoves him in the face!

I remember seeing Brideless Groom for the first time at a Fan Club Meeting, and I was literally crying I was laughing so hard.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Along w/"Who Done It?", "Brideless Groom" is probably Shemp's best work w/Moe and Larry. The scene btwn he, (Shemp), and Christine McIntyre after she learns Shemp it not her "Cousin Basil" is also terrific. Great short from top to bottom.

Moe,...."You wouldn't hit a woman with that."

Larry,..."{Pauses}

Moe,.... "Use THIS,...it's bigger !!!" :laugh:

Offline fwdstuck

My two favorites are:
(I can hardly wait)
Curly going jump off a latter to pull his tooth
Moe starts counting.
Moe: 1, 2
Larry: 2 and 1/2, SLAP!!!

(How high is up)
Larry: Looks like a V-8.
Moe: You ever heard of a V-5?
Larry: Whats that a new car?
Moe: No its an old sock. SLAP!!!

I also like that bit in "How High Is Up" about the "V-5." Poor Larry. He seems to get set up for some much abuse !!!

Offline Hollister

Speaking of Poor Larry.......

I don't remember the short, but............

Larry to Moe, "you know fish is good brain food."

Moe to Larry, "then you should fish for a whale." 

Followed by a typical Moe slap on the face!

Yes indeed, Poor Larry!

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
How about this classic bit from "Spooks"

Moe: Whats the name please
George: George B. Bopper
Shemp: Oh, A Beeeee Bopper, Dig that craaaazy bopper name, cool man, real george, gimme some skin, gimme some skin

Robin

Offline archiezappa

Yeah! One of my favorite scenes! Moe almost gets everybody calmed down, then really lets loose!

My favorite Stooge moment is from Brideless Groom as well; when they are tearing the piano apart, and poor Emil Sitka comes over and says "My piano!", Larry says "Shut up!", and shoves him in the face!

I remember seeing Brideless Groom for the first time at a Fan Club Meeting, and I was literally crying I was laughing so hard.

This is my favorite moment from "Brideless Groom":

Shemp (on telephone):  Hello?  Is this Ginger Gray?  Why this is your little Schnookums.  I'm gonna ask you a big favor.  Will you marry me?

**CLUNK**

Shemp:  Oh!  Oh!  Oh!

Offline Hollister

Archiezappa,

I could be wrong on this and I don't have the short to watch, but.......

Doesn't Shemp say, "I'm gonna do you a big favor, will you marry me?"

Ed

Curly "shaving" the ice from "An Ache In Every Stake" is also great.

..."Hey, Mister. Do you have a pink tie on?,,,No?....Here's your lip." :D

Other great moments,

Moe's fall from the table in "Pardon My Scotch", ( later re-used in "Dizzy Detectives"). Moe broke some ribs as a result of the fall, but got up and finished the scene before passing out. What a "trooper !!"

Curly's battle w/the oyster in his oyster stew in "Dutiful But Dumb."

Curly's  facial expressions and "banter" as Moe tries to pry his head out the mineshaft entrance in "Cactus Makes Perfect."